1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avr 1905

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by monk_d_syple, Aug 9, 2005.

1. monk_d_syple

monk_d_syple

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm using the avr 1905 strictly as a processor. I have music fidelity A class amps (6) to run my home cinema. Using B&W speakers 4 + subW. I'm fiding the dialogue to be average. Considering my equipment, I'm some what suprised. Is there an aspect on the avr 1905, to improve dialogue capabilities? Seems to create a lot of bass when there is dialogue.

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +856
    Hi

How have you got the Bass Management setup? All speakers Large or Small etc???

3. monk_d_syple

monk_d_syple

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the bass crossover set 80hz on each speaker. I have the front left and right set to large and the center plus surround L & R set to small. the power handling is 25W-100W into 8ohms.

I saw on the manual of the avr 1905 an option to increase the db of the dialogue, without affecting the sound quality is but I can't find the option on the main receiver or on the rc. Any clue.

4. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +856
    You can adjust the Channel Levels from the remote. Press the CH Select/Enter button on the remote and it will cycle through each speaker with each press (FL, C, FR etc). Then just press the left or right arrow buttons each side of the CH Select/Enter button to change the levels.

Have you balanced all the channel levels properly with a sound meter? Out of interest, how have you got the Sub bass setup? LFE/MAIN?

5. monk_d_syple

monk_d_syple

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've played around with the channels db cahnges but the more I increase the db for the cntr speaker the more bass I get. I have a feeling my speakers may be the cause. How well is the avr 1905 rated? I just bought til I save enough money to buy a good processor. Could be the receiver. When I play music in stereo the sound is absolutley awful. I turn the subW off but still the sound is terrible. Way too much of a bassy sound.

LSE is at 0

what do you mean by MAIN?

A technician from the store I purchased the spk and av is coming to check out the system. Hopefully he will have an idea.

6. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +856
    When you select Large for the Front speakers you have the option to choose LFE/MAIN which then splits the bass redirection between the Front Left and Right Channels and the Subwoofer.

Personally I would set all speakers to small and all bass to the sub with the crossover set to 80hz. If there is too much bass in stereo mode even with the Sub off you could use the Tone Controls to turn down the bass levels a few db (obviously switching off Tone Defeat beforehand if you have that on).

The 1905 is a budget Receiver but still a good performer at it's price point.

7. monk_d_syple

monk_d_syple

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, cheers I will try this tonight. Any clue on my question on setting the db dialogue? I found the option in the manual. It says to press the on screen display button on the rc, but nothing happens. Any clue? This is supposed to strictly set the dialogue db. sounds great but....

8. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +856
    As I posted earlier.

"Press the CH Select/Enter button on the remote and it will cycle through each speaker with each press (FL, C, FR etc). Then just press the left or right arrow buttons each side of the CH Select/Enter button to change the levels."

When you get to C (Centre) you can then adjust the level within a range of -12db to +12db with 0db being the default setting. :)