• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

AVR 1708 Video Switching Help question

litezoner

Standard Member
Hello all and thank you, I just bought an AVR 1708 receiver and am having an issue I would like some help with. The hdmi switching keeps going in and out on my hdmi connected cable box (Verizon) it is the strangest thing. It does not do it with the connected DVD Player, only the cable box. I have switched hdmi slots and still get the same thing. changed resolutions on the cable box to no avail. I am connected through coaxial one for the audio and hdmi of course for the video. I get a patterned snow, then picture, snow, then picture, snow etc...... My moniter is a projector that is also output through HDMI, I have tried and retried adjusting settings in the setup as well as the cable box and cannot seem to identify this problem. Help.... please
Thank you Again

litezoner

Standard Member
A set top receiver connected to an A/V receiver via HDMI may have trouble passing video signals through the A/V receiver even though a direct connection to the display seems to work fine. This has to do with the HDMI HDCP protocol being sent and received and the authentication process. This is not a fault of the receiver. Recently set top box manufacturers have become aware of this issue. It has been found that the U-code information appears to be the problem which is part of Annex A of the repeater conformity specifications of the HDMI protocol. Some set top receiver manufacturers have already implemented firmware changes to their units while others are in the process of updating their units. If a set top receiver being used is having problems passing HDMI video signal through an A/V receiver, contact the manufacturer of the set top receiver to see if an update is available.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom