AVPR ... oh dear!!

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by wilfy, Jan 24, 2008.

1. wilfy

wilfy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    The Original Alien films are my favourite films of all time, Alien is in my opinion one the greatest films of all time.
    Why oh why did Fox think for one minute it was even worth releasing such a pile of rubbish as AVPR, this film is so bad , it should be straight to video and then straight in the bargain bin and then straight in the dustbin.
    Really furious that the makers of this film thought so little of fans of the series to put so little effort in to every aspect of this film.The acting , awful , the story ,what story??, the ending , oh god!!.
    Words can not express how truely bad this film is, the best description perhaps is "a steaming pile of crap"
    There, rant over, but I would chalenge anybody who is a fan of the Alien films so have anything good to say about this film.:mad:

2. Rob_Meister

Rob_Meister

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    Never been a huge fan of the films, but enjoyed watching them. But couldn't agree more about the fact AVPR was rubbish.

3. tvmonkey

tvmonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Alien Vs Predator is the worst film in the world, but i can believe that Requiem is worse. At least most trailers do a good job of tarting up a bad film, but the AvP Requiem trailer even made the film look terrible. I might actually go and see it just to take in how bad it is. :D

4. Rambo John J

Rambo John J
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,456
    I have.........

after 90 minutes it ended... and from that point on my evening got better :D

5. sleepyone

sleepyone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I went to see this on Saturday, glad i went to afternoon showing as it left me the evening to do something fulfilling with my life :)

Now let me say that the first AVP was, IMO, not a bad movie. Compared to the legacy it came from yes, but in general terms not what I would call a stinker.

AVP:R however was pure stink from beginning to end, at least in the first one you knew some of the characters names before they got killed!

It was a formulaic, low budget horror movie with a script that any [-]16[/-] 12 year old could have written in English class. The ending in particular was a very amateurish and pathetic attempt to tie the movie into the Alien/Predator cannon.

I am truly saddened at what the Alien/Predator storylines have descended too, and even more saddened at how well it will inevitably do at the big screen and on DVD.

Congrats FOX you have turned two of films greatest horror figures in to Movie of the Week matinee lowest denomination crowd pleaser's :thumbsdow