1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVPhobia - HELP

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by TheGworks, Jul 29, 2005.

1. TheGworks

TheGworks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    The 42PV500 arrived last week and now sits proudly on the wall!!! Spent 2 days connecting up the Denon 3805 and 3910 plus the Kef eggs and I am blown away with the quality of the picture and sound using HDMI.
    Got the free DMR-ES10EB with the deal and that's my problem!!! I can't for the life of me sus how to get it to record the freeview channels. I've got it connected by scart to AV4 on the TV to utilise the Quicklink facility but all I can find are the analouge channels!!! Was wanting to record 24 on digital but gave up in the end - what am I doing wrong - or not doing!!!! Tried searcing for info on the forums but drew a blank.
    Would really appreciate any help.
    :lease:
    Regards
    Grae

2. Goooner

Goooner
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,147
    Doesn't the Q-Link scart have to be on AV2? Only got mine yesterday, but I'm sure I noticed something about that in either the TV or the DVD manual.

I've got mine on AV2 and it matched the channels via Q-Link from the TV.

Just noticed there is a setting in the setup menu to set Q-link to AV2 or Av4, I think it defaults to 2, have you changed yours to 4?

Can't help you on Freeview recording, sorry. Can't receive Freeview yet, don't get a strong enough signal with my aerial. Should be getting it sorted next weekend though, I'm sure you'll have sorted it by then, but if not I'll give it a go and let you know how I get on.

3. TheGworks

TheGworks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Spent the day cussing at the screen and the recorder - I give up - will ring Panny customer care on Monday to get it sorted ( I hope!!!!!!!!!!).
    Has anyone managed to suss it?
    Regards
    Grae

4. Goooner

Goooner
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,147
    Just a thought, did you set the recorder to record from an external source, like it says you have to if you want to record from Sky or somewhere?

Also, if you haven't already, it might be worth asking your question in the DVD recorder forum, someone there may be able to help.