AVM Fritzbox! Wlan 7390

bluesmartie

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Anyone have any experience with Fritzbox! kit, the 7390 look interesting but I am not familiar with the brand.

I'm looking for improved speed and range over my current netgear router and will be used with both XP (laptop, desktop) and Mac products (macbook,iphone4, apple tv)

Thanks for your help

Yes I've had a fritzbox for years now. Very stable and very good bit of kit.

Hi Guys,

Anyone have any experience with Fritzbox! kit, the 7390 look interesting but I am not familiar with the brand.

I'm looking for improved speed and range over my current netgear router and will be used with both XP (laptop, desktop) and Mac products (macbook,iphone4, apple tv)

Thanks for your help

They have a good name in commercial and office settings so will be equally good at home.

My local pub uses one for the "free" broadband it offers. I have seen them used in many offices. They have a good name and are well respected.

Like everything though you need to check that it does what you want.

C

Got one from Broadbandstuff to replace an AVM FRITZ!Box 7050 (2007 vintage)

7390 is excellent - the old 7050 worked faultlessly and gave detailed error logs to show me reliability of the ISP. The 7390 adds Voicemail FAX and DECT handset support.

It works flawlessly as a cable router connected to BT Infinity (FTTC) via their mandated Huawei HG612.

However I had serious issues using the 7390 modem function. It syncs DSL on BOTH my old ADSL and the new VDSL2 FTTC connection but something at BT/Openreach seems to deny permission to login to my ISP so the connection can't be used.

AVM are looking at a diagnostic of the problem with ADSL and my ISP may come up with a solution to the modem not being accepted by FTTC Infinity. At present Openreach policy prohibits users own modems. Full details in a review at Broadbandstuff.

I have just bought a 7390 and although the specs are superb I am having similar problems getting DSL sync with Virgin Media (National adsl). It appears to sync for a second or so and then it is lost. I have sent detailed logs and data outputs back to AVM support in Berlin and am awaiting their reply.
My AVM Fritz!box 7270 and before it my 7140 both work perfectly on this line.

I would heartily recommend the 7270 which has superb VOIP features and can also be used with a 3G connection with certain 3g USB modems.

If all you need is a more efficient high performance conventional router there may be better and certainly cheaper options. The main claim to fame of the AVM routers are their unmatched range of non standard features.

Last edited:
I have just received a replacement 7390 and have tested it on another Line with the same ISP and it works fine. I am away from home right now and can"t test it fully yet but it does seem I may have just had a duff unit.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom