1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avland.co.uk any good ?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by hjls, Apr 9, 2002.

1. hjls

hjls

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    now on my 7th philips dvdr1000 recorder and its fatally failing again.avland have the pioneer7000 for £999 and i'm tempted.i'm more interested in those who have had problems sorted out quickly rather than fast delivery etc.any info tia.

2. PhilipL

PhilipL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +421
    Hi hjls

So you are over in this forum as well :)

I have used avland.co.uk. Delivery was next day. I did have a problem with RGB and my TV (long story). AVLand did offer a replacement unit without me asking, however the problem is with my TV and not the 7000 so there was no point in swapping it. The issue is easily worked around although Pioneer are still looking into it for me.

Hope this helps...

Regards

Philip

3. Markster

Markster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Kingsley (who is a partner at avland) who posts as chimp frequents these groups. He is a good guy and will always sort out any problem for you (if you should indeeed ever have one).
    I don't think you have anything to worry about from avland

hth

4. hjls

hjls

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks guy's.i'm waiting to try some verbatim disks before i finally give up on philips.they have been nothing short of appalling on the flaws of this deck which has affected 99% of their customers.sevenoaks croydon on the other hand have been fantastic and chris the manager has bent over backward trying to help.i would buy the pioneer from him but they are not stocking it, and its £1300 if i want him to order it.may give avland a go-is this the best price for the 7000 ?.

5. IanB

IanB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can vouch for avland. They are very careful to avoid credit card fraud, this carefulness means they avoid being ripped off, but it also means they won't rip you off either.

6. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I have used avland quite a few times and have found them to be very reliable although I have not had to return anything faulty which is the ultimate test.

I would advise not to order from the web site as you will not know whether they have any stock but telephone them to find out stock situation first and if happy place your order over the telephone.

7. mike greenslade

mike greenslade
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have just ordered the PioneerDVR7000 with AVLAND. They are genuine and helpful People. Kingsley(Chimp) always responds to emails on their Website plus always on the NGs(Home Cinema). They dont show STOCK on the Website,email or phone them. If you want the cheapest place for Blanks email me direct.

MIKE....:p

8. hjls

hjls

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    empiredirect now have the pioneer7000 for £992,i'm desperate to replace the diabolical philips 1000 but may wait a month or so now. strangely they have the philips 985 £30 cheaper than the 980, but would not touch one for love nor money.first and last philips product ever owned. crap product and lousy company.

9. MarkB

MarkB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Never ordered anything myself yet, although I'm trying to get them to price match the DENON AVC-A1SR to the price I've seen it in London. I've found them to be helpful and knowledgeable.

Mark

10. PhilipL

PhilipL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +421
    Hi hjls

Yes the prices are creeping down on the Pioneer, although I wouldn't expect them to fall very low too sharply.

For a start it was expected to cost £1300, but came out at £1099, already reflecting price drops of the Philips machines, and dropped to £999 a month or so afterwards. I think Pioneer are quite happy at the 7000 being the most expensive DVD recorder in the market, due to its good reviews, lack of problems etc people are buying it at that price so no reason to drop it.

I wonder if the current price reductions have been driven by Pioneer reducing the cost or if it has been competition with on-line sites that have seen the trimming of profits.

So go for it ;)

Regards

Philip

11. mike greenslade

mike greenslade
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Ordered the Pioneer Thurs.Eve. Was collected from the 'Business Post' Courier this morning at 7.30am by myself.Reason being I'm at work on Monday so wouldnt be there for collection. Thanks AVLAND. Its slightly smaller than my 737 aswell,which surprised me.
    Personally I'd try to PRICEMATCH AVLAND if you've seen it cheaper elsewhere. I'd recomend AVLAND over Anyone else anytime-even if they're slightly dearer. Most genuine honest peole I've dealt with.