1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVIA setup disc and SKY

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by bferbrache, May 17, 2003.

1. bferbrache

bferbrache

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    I have setup my Panasonic 5 series plasma with tha AVIA disc and for DVD playback it looks fantastic. However I set up my PC input (Normally Sky input) using the disc and I am not so sure the picture is better when viewing Sky pictures. The biggest problem seems to be when you lower the sharpness levels to that recommended by the AVIA disc then switch back to Sky viewing. The setup disc recommends viewing the new settings for a week to allow your eyes to adjust. Anyone suggest optimal sharpness levels for Sky viewing?

2. JamesTapp

JamesTapp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When Gordon F calibrated my plasma (also a Panny) he said that the sharpness should normally be set between -6 and -10. I have it at -8 and although it took a little time to get used to it looks very natural these days.

James

3. StooMonster

StooMonster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +314
    Avia is NTSC only, your screen stores different settings for NTSC and PAL; and other inputs. Not only that but different settings for each input too, so changing setting on component input will not affect VGA.

Therefore Avia disk will have absolutely no effect for your Sky picture, or your Region 2 DVDs.

StooMonster