1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVIA Help Please

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by bazzae123, May 25, 2003.

1. bazzae123

bazzae123
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm using the AVIA disk to set my colours on a Toshiba 32ZD08B but are having trouble setting the White level. The DVD is connected to the TV via the component leads. When I adjust the white level I can only see a change from values of zero to about 65-70, from then on the change is hardly noticeable. I can't get any blooming effects and the whites don't appear white. More like a slight grey. Is this normal or should I be able to over drive the contrast?

Also, Having carried on and calibrated the colours using the filters all seems OK but then the "Colour decoder check" points out the there is to much red and I have to turn down the colour to bring it back in line. Is there any way of turning the red down on its own so as not to disturb the other settings, or is it something I have to live with?

Bazza :confused:

2. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    2nd problem sounds like "Red Push" Toshiba sets suffer from this.. the two Tosh sets in our house both have this problem. Our Panasonic set doesn't (for example on the Panny, in T2 Ult. the menu font is cherry pink, wheras the Tosh it's bright red) Reducing colour helps (I've set mine to 35%) but doesn't completly remove the excessive red - for example in "Zulu", the Red Coats or a lady with a red dress.