1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avia calibration disk help

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by yatesd2404, Jul 14, 2003.

1. yatesd2404

yatesd2404

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I finally got round to trying to calibrate my PJ at the weekend with Avia, but ran into problems with the Hue and Tint calibrations and wondered if anyone could help.

They mentioned that you had to have a blue and red filter for these tests and there did not seem to be anyway of calibarting without these filters. Is this correct?? Is there a way of producing a filter easily or is this something that I would have to buy??

I also didn't seem to any other colour tests or did I miss them for setting R/B/G.

thanks,

Dave.

2. bxd

bxd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Hi,

The filters are mainly required for ntsc playback... particularly for setting the 'hue/tint control.

You should be able to buy suitable filter material from a decent photographic dealer. You should find some details of the filter type on the Avia or Video Essentials websites.

Brian

3. Chaos Star

Chaos Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    All AViA DVDs come with said filters, unless of course you have a copy of the DVD ....

4. yatesd2404

yatesd2404

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Thanks for the responses. I do have an original version which I bought new. It is only having seen your responses today that I am wondering whether I have missed something in the box.

Will be checking that tonight, and hoping that the lenses are there.

Thanks,

Dave.

5. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    They are normally in a paper CD wallet inside the front cover. Don't go looking for anything too special, they are just 3 pieces of thin 'plastic' each about 2 inches by 1.5 inches. You could mistake them for sweet wrappers :)

6. yatesd2404

yatesd2404

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay, thanks all. I do have the lenses as specified and see what you mean about sweet wrappers.

The blue one definately took me back to the days of salt&shake scrips if anyone remembers them.

Now can try those calibrations tonight/tomorrow.

Thanks all,

Dave.