1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVIA and HTPC

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by aderose, Apr 11, 2002.

1. aderose

aderose

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got the AVIA disc. I have WinDVD 3.1 running on an Nvidia Geforce2 and the AE-100 will soon be mine. So when adjusting brightness, constrast, saturation and hue which controls should I be using - the video card's, WinDVD's or the projector's?

I have Visiontek's Xstacy Everything card (Nvidia Personal Cinema) with WinDVR (Intervideo's PVR) and I do notice that the overlay controls provide much more pleasing adjustments than WinDVR's.

As I side note, I just got the 35' VGA cable from pccables.com and it provides as good a picture in 1600x1200 as the cable that came with my IBM monitor.

-Adriano

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just calibrated mine last night!

See here for details:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34292

Use the default settings in WinDVD (I'm using version 3.0)

You can't adjust the saturation or hue on the AE-100 using the VGA input, but you can in the advanced properties on your graphics card.

Use this in combination with the adjustments on the PJ.

It's awkard to adjust the graphics card however, you can't run WinDVD in full screen when adjusting the card properties, but this is easily worked around.

Get ready for HT heavan

:D

3. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. aderose

aderose

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Great thanks! Now if I can just figure out where AVIA draws the line between "light grey" and a dark white I'll be all set.