1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avi to dvd

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by markxb, Sep 15, 2005.

1. markxb

markxb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am using pinnacle studio 9se for capturing/editing footage from my camcorder and i am saving the finished footage to my hard drive by creating an avi file, i would like to now burn these home videos to dvd and need help and guidance on how to do this and what software to use.

2. jinkyjim

jinkyjim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    WINAVI is the best prog to use, you just load your avi file in winavi, press convert then about 30mins later its ready to burn on to a blank DVD.
    jim

3. av2diefor

av2diefor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nero6 will also handle it, if you have a divx player(so cheap now) you can burn the avi and play it.

4. sapper44

sapper44

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    If you're planning to burn your avi to dvd just copy as a data disc.It will play on a dvd player if it plays avi files.that is it will play.Divx and Xvid files.I have found when I play my avi files this way the player sometimes freezes or I have had lipsink issues.So I copy all my homemade films using Pinnacle studio 9 onto dvd as a normal dvd with chapters so you can break the film up into smaller segments.So I can goto my fav bits quicker.You will also be able to play your films around your family and friend houses as it will be unlikely the will have the correct dvd player for AVI files.

5. laser

laser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Hi

I don't know if your version of Studio 9 is a cut down version but you can capture, edit, and burn to DVD with chapters and menus all within Studio 9 using the three tabs in the studio 9 software, Capture, Edit and Movie.

The process is pretty straight forward and the resulting DVD's are pretty good with regards to the PQ.

One problem I found when using some third party software applications to generate a DVD from an AVI file is the sound and picture are sometimes slightly out of synch by a few frames.

6. markxb

markxb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Big thanks to you all.
    Will post again if i have any trouble,
    Watch this space !!! :hiya:

7. marty2005

marty2005

Products Owned: