1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVForums Xbox Live meet...?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Munkey Boy, Sep 5, 2005.

1. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,313
    Don't know about you guys, but it seems like we last met up on Live AGES ago, so is anyone about for an online get together sometime soon? It'd be good if all us regular posters can meet up and swap insults sometime... Alcohol encouraged (just so I'm not the only one drink driving!)

What's the weapon of choice? I'd suggest either Forza (8 players max) or Halo 2 (16 players max), but there's loads more choice too, like Moto GP 3, the upcoming Rainbow Six 4: Lockdown (out this Friday). So lets see a show of hands - please include when's best for you in your replies too, ta! :thumbsup:

EDIT:The time: Friday, 9pm
    The games: PGR2 then Halo 2

Here's who up for it so far:

Lorenzini Munkey Boy
    Holtehero Holtehero (not PGR2)
    Kopite4Ever CowieCTU
    Pooontang Pooontang
    Colgate7110 ColinRF
    Shin Akuma Captain Strike
    TJRadiohead TJRadiohead
    Scoo Naebad
    Carpeteyes KingKernow
    Daipac Daipac (Halo 2 only)
    Reserve for PGR2: Bishman Bounty Bob

Still room in Halo 2 if anyone else wants to join!

2. bigriggers

bigriggers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Bah, I would love to but I was banned, I'll give you all a game of GR/PGR on the 360 though!

3. holtehero

holtehero

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,771
    If RS4 turns up this, then i will definitely be given it a bash this weekend - also waiting for GR2 summit strike to turn up

Haven't seen an online review for RS4 yet which is a bit worrying as the US release date is meant to be tomorrow (6th)

4. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    hey lawrence id well be up for playing something but sadly my xbox collection is slighly small. would only be able to join in on halo2,burnout 3,Choas theory (not much good for AVF meet) and PGR2. will keep check on the threat see what happens. most of us would all own halo 2 and with all the new maps out for free could be worth a punt

5. Solomon Grundy

Solomon Grundy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,408
    I would love to play Last Man Standing on PGR2 with some of you guys...would be a laugh...

6. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +722
    yep, me too(i'll convince the missus its a good idea)
    games i have - Forza, PGR2. Halo2, Links
    i can also get a copy of Lockdown if thats what we decide on

personally id go for some Lastman/cat&mouse on PGR, then some Lockdown then some Gaylo

7. Colgate7110

Colgate7110

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    Hi Lawrence, I'd definitely be up for Live action. PGR2 is a winner with me (because I'm half decent at it!) and I'd be up for some Halo 2 action as well although the endless abuse from American 10 year olds put me off a long time ago. Would be good to try again with the AVF crowd :thumbsup: I'm not so hot on Forza though for 2 simple reasons:

1. I don't have any good cars yet
    2. I'm utterly crap at it :(

I'm not suggesting we play these but in terms of Live games, I've also got Doom 3 (never tried Live though); Timesplitters Future Perfect (4 player split screen is amazing, would expect no less on Live); Burnout 3 Takedown (heard bad things about the whole BO/Live experience); SC: Chaos Theory (only 4 players?); FIFA 2005 (if I'd describe my Forza skills as poor, I'd have to plumb new depths to describe my FIFA skills); and RS3:BA (again, never tried Live) so plenty of options.

I'll speak to the boss about picking up RS4 on Friday. After putting down £500 for a 360 with a pile of games (which might not even come out on the day!), my games budget went from healthy to dead. No sign of her shoe budget being axed mind....

8. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    :eek: PGR2 may get a run out on my xbox after so so long. think i unlocked the enzo then just left the game :oops:

we'd most definatly have to come to some common ground on this. firstly how many people want to play. if more than expected then split off into groups will be needed. secondly maybe start a poll and see what games people want to play against each other as about 5 or games will want to be played and we dont have all the time in the world. id be up for as poony so wonderfully put it 'gaylo' :D and PGR2.

9. Shin Akuma

Shin Akuma

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    I would love to have a go.
    I got few since started late. Halo2, PGR2, chaos theory, pro evolution soccer4, snk v capcom chaos and finaly burnout takedown.
    Halo2 is the game i have played mostly and I have stop using headset because mostly on Halo2 people use it to swear at thier killers or victims it is quite distracting. PGR2 played once didn't like it, it is bit hard acctualy I was expecting more like burnout driving. chaos theory is the worst of all, Didn't like it's LIVE gaming, 2 guys sneaking in 2 guys stoping them most of the time you wonder around in the whole building, what is so good about that IMO it is boring, excellent graphics though. Burnout is OK not as good as i thought it would be.
    So I would like to play PES4 and Halo2.

10. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,313
    Are we saying PGR2 > Forza then? :eek: Wasn't expecting that! My PGR2 is collecting dust down the back of my chair somewhere, looks like I may have to dig it out!

Halo 2 should be a go-er, I'm sure we can get a good room going for that - it's one of the few games everyone seems to own... Can everyone make sure they download the extra content before joining please - it's all free now! I stopped playing matchmaking a while back, but a good custom game is always a laugh with some homemade gametypes! ;)

I only suggested Lockdown as its new, and I'd like to give it a try...

And shame on you Col for your FIFA suggestion, you should know Pro Evo is the only one allowed here! :nono: :lesson: Footy is a bit limited though as it's only 1v1, we need loads involved I reckon... Not to stop anyone going off and doing their thing though...

This Friday night good for everyone?

11. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    im up for friday :) i mentioned PGR2 because i dont own forza and dont want to play PGR2 alone :D

i have made a battle royale custom type on my halo 2 with mates. basically start with random weapon any map, no nades or weapons to pick up unless you kill some one. one life, die and your out untill next round. play untill one survives :D 6 of us had loads of fun so imagine a 16 man version. i always start with plasma pistol :mad: this results in some enjoyable games and will be nice to play the new maps with likeminded ndividuals & not 12 year old texas kids

12. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +722
    PGR is more suited to the sort of thing we're looking to get together fo a laugh, whereas Forza is more 'serious' (or is that just me!) anywho i'd like to dig out PGR again, just to see if i am the worlds worst Rank 41 more than anything, plus PGR is always fun. Same goes for gaylo, we could just have a party game or if we get bored we could go big team battling(including compulsory lag)

Games i think we shouldn't consider are:
    Pro Evo - only 1v1, pain in butt to organise
    SC:pT - only 2v2
    Burnout3 - EA
    MotoGP3 - who has it?
    R63/BA - skill level maybe to wide

games we should play:
    PGR2
    Halo2
    Summit Strike
    Lockdown
    Super Monkey Ball Deluxe - why oh why is it not live enabled - sega, ill see you next tuesday

13. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    all this bloody talk i wanna play PGR2 or halo with the AVF people now :D seeing as ive run out of DVD's to watch ive actually got bugger all to do on a monday night, bar trying to carry on with ninja gaiden

agreed on PES4 not being possibly. it would have been fun if there was an implemented cup compo set up at server end but its a pain to do it manually.

14. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,313
    Actually, I'll be on later tonight mate with a few of my UGVX mates possibly - usually meet on Mon nights for some Halo/Forza. I'll send you an invite if you want in!

15. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +722
    i got booted from the UGVX room last night, must of been scared, especially Glych :D

16. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    i dont mind playing some Halo later :) i can be some cannon fodder for the opposite team :D think i have you on friends list i cant remember tbh

17. tjradiohead

tjradiohead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Im up for some live

TJRadiohead if you want to add me :hiya:

18. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,727
    I'll be up for some live action but not for 3 weeks or so as i'm a bit busy this week and off away for a fortnight this weekend. Could do with some live action though as i've not really been on for the last month or two. :thumbsup:

19. Colgate7110

Colgate7110

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    Yeah, ummm, of course, right, I knew that ;) So you lot are into the "proper" football game then? :) Seriously though, one of my mates picked up a Crystal Xbox and a copy of FIFA 05 while he waited for Pro Evo. When Pro Evo came out, he gave me his FIFA and I've not managed to sit down and even load it let alone have a game. Not long after that, my mate - having completed more than a few seasons with an unstoppable team - gave away his Crystal 'box!!!!!!!

Can't say I'm really a fan of footie games anymore. The last one I played properly was 04 on the PS2 but as soon as they became more complex than Sensi Soccer, getting beaten by cousins half my age became the norm and the incentive to play dropped off... What sort of football actually needs the use of every button on the controller and two sticks???

Besides, you'd think that Forza was the only racer allowed here these days but it seems PGR2 is making a comeback :smashin: Perhaps my mention of that other football game will spark a similar comeback? (Actually, I'm going to shut up about before you all dingy me... FIFA... boo hiss etc) :)

PGR2 and Halo 2 for Friday sounds great. Halo 2 is being primed as I type. I'd be livid if I'd paid for those maps a few weeks ago.

BTW, Pooon, how are you going to be seeing Sega next Tuesday? You're not going to the TGS are you???

20. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,727
    Noooooooooooo!! :eek: I thought that we'd seen the end of that FIFA game being mentioned on here. Ah well i'm not even going to waste my breath putting that game down anymore in a vain hope that the conversation will revert to a more sensible topic. :smashin:

21. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    kill the fifa lover, burn him at the stake. i actually had a go on PGR2 before and it just reitterated how crap i was at it hehe. i had a go at the weekly challenge (SUV class 1 lap round a track in barcelona IIRC) and i was in 65th when i stopped

22. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,313
    Well, we'll see you when you get back then Cas, no worries. Looks like Halo 2 & PGR2 it is then... Call me stupid, but what's last man standing in PGR2? I haven't played in time...

And Halo 2 gametype suggestions are welcome so I can set them up for Friday. Any more takers?

23. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    i posted my battle royal theme gametype ;) hint hint

also a kill the predator game is cool what we made up as well. one predator X ammount of marines with no radar. pred is cloaked naturally and has double the damage, you can only score as predator and 'marines' have to team and clump untill one lucky bugger kills it :D marines only get battle rifle and nades

24. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +722
    Noooo, i meant that Seag are a bunch of C U Next Tuesdays for not having an online option for super monkey ball

Munkey - Last Man Standing: Everyone gets in SLOW car(mini, Miata E-Type) and race round trying to knock each other out the way(no rules, no complaints) and whoever comes last changes to a fast car(cerbera etc) then for the next race the same thing but the guy in the fast car is suppsed to take out whoever is in 1st. This continues till there are only 2 Slow cars left where it is complete carnage. the final is usually on Nurburg with the slow cars getting 30seconds headstart. Final race can take over 10mins!

25. Colgate7110

Colgate7110

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    Inspired ;)

As for Last Man Standing Lawrence, couldn't think of a better game type other than straight races. It works well when the race features the full 8 cars as the every man for himself, don't let the slow car win approach on the last couple of races is a sight to behold. Truly satisfying driving a Mini at a whopping 90 miles an hour as 4 Ferraris, a Zonda and a Skyline tear past you at twice the speed, all slam into each other and the walls and the Mini happily skirts round them all without so much as a scratch... Probably the only time it's fun to drive a Mini in PGR. As you can imagine, such carnage is further enhanced by a few beers :smashin: It's a shame that the cars in PGR3 will all do 170+ since they've just wiped out LMS unless they later release the Extra Slow Car DLC pack...

Never really got into Cat & Mouse so I'd have no qualms if you guys wanted to stick to LMS. Are there any other game types that are worth trying?

Before we fire into PGR2 does everybody have the DLC packs? Not a big problem if not, but it would be good to know upfront. Few nice cars in those packs such as the Ariel Atom (good laugh), the Radical (a bit like the Enzo in that all the US kids use it so they don't have to take corners without bouncing off the wall but can be a good fast race for the 'ring...).

Might be worth having a look at this sheet which lists all the cars and for the completion freaks out there (like me), it makes it really easy to figure out the impossible feats needed to pick up your next car. Such as getting all platinums. Or raising your Kudos by another 150k... http://www.greenflagracing.com/downloads/pgr2_cars.xls

Incidentally, I do hereby solemnly swear never to mention that other football game ever again on AV Forums. Unless goaded into a discussion about it. Don't even like it that much... Jeez.... :)

26. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,313
    Doh! Penny drops! I can't believe you don't want to spend your last night as a free man playing with us on Live...! ;) Have a great time on hols mate!

Friday, 9pm: PGR2, then Halo 2.

I've not got PGR2 downloadable content (you still have to pay, right?), we don't need it though, do we? We should all have the content for Halo 2 though, it is free...

27. Shin Akuma

Shin Akuma

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    My gamer tag is Captain Strike.

28. holtehero

holtehero

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,771
    Could do GR2, Halo2, Forza, RS3 BA, Call of Duty

29. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,727
    I've already done the marriage thing ;) that was last Saturday but there's this week off before the honeymoon. Thing is i'm up to my eyes in work and have other bits and bobs to sort out. That said i'll try and get on Friday night if I get some spare time - i've not got Halo 2 now - sold it as I never played it (not really my type of game) - got PGR2 still though.

How many players can you get on Burnout 3? I've got that.

30. Colgate7110

Colgate7110

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    Nope - don't need it. I'm not sure if the content is still charged but I've heard nothing to say otherwise. Still, £3 is great value IMO. I can see why they're charging - those premium packs must have cost a small packet in development costs and licensing of new vehicles. Although Bungie have gone down a route of charging early adopters for content then making it free down the line, I'd be surprised to see BC following them, especially given that PGR2 is so late in its lifecycle and they've chosen not to make it free plus it's months away from being superceded. Oh, roll on Gotham 3......

Has anyone tried Rallisport Challenge 2 on Live? Noticed last night that it supports up to 16 players on Live. An option?