Quantcast

AVForums Squeezebox Touch discussion Part III

amcluesent

Last edited:

formbypc

Novice Member
SB Touch not showing the clock when it goes into Standby

Have stopped and restarted SB Server, unplugged from power and plugged back in the SB Touch, all to no avail.

What else can I try before the dreaded Factory Reset?

formbypc

Novice Member
Thanks for that.

Went in there, and Digital Clock (Black) was already selected. I changed to to Digital Clock, and when I put it into standby, I had a digiclock with shaded background. Back to settings, put it back to Digital Clock (Black) (which was what it was set to when I started, and at which stage the clock wasn't showing), and the clock has returned ......

Last edited:

shogun

To get smooth Christmas on your Touch select / press the following

1. Internet radio
2. Music
3, Christmas
4. Explore Christmas
5. By location
6. Europe
7. UK
8. Smooth Christmas

Playing flawlessly on all my squeeze boxes

Merry Christmas

bazzabear

Thanks - but doesn't seem to be the same station - it's playing classical at the moment, but the Smooth FM Christmas feed is generally pop / soft rock.

I'll definitely look through the stations brought up by that list though, cheers!

bazzabear

No, that doesn't work either. The station isn't listed by squeezebox - but I believe that, if you know the URL of a station, you can get squeezebox to play it anyway. That's why I'm asking for someone to translate the link I supplied into a squeezebox compatible link.
I'm assuming that the correct link must be hidden in that page somewhere - unless it's a flash thing and it can't be done.

reevesy

Distinguished Member
...back again!

now i've got my squeezebox back and running properly after several factory resets and adjustments .... i've seemed to have lost all the play lists i created?

they're all there in the playlist folder (i back them up just in case) but the player does'nt seem to 'see' them

any ideas?

cheers.

reevesy

Distinguished Member
...back again!

now i've got my squeezebox back and running properly after several factory resets and adjustments .... i've seemed to have lost all the play lists i created?

they're all there in the playlist folder (i back them up just in case) but the player does'nt seem to 'see' them

any ideas?

cheers.
...sussed it now.....had to change the path to it :blush:

cheers

jerryq7777

Had the mate over earlier he was taken by the squeezebox touch but had to tell them their discontinued now.
Had a quick look for new ones and they are selling for stupid prices £300 - £400+ :eek:
I recommended the Cocktail Audio to him for a 1 box solution but just wondered if theres a better option out there ?

Last edited:

amcluesent

>just wondered if theres a better option out there<

Sonos ZP80 on t'Bay for the £180 mark?

jerryq7777

>just wondered if theres a better option out there<

Sonos ZP80 on t'Bay for the £180 mark?
Think he quite likes the cocktail audio had a look myself its a shame it doesnt have inbuilt wifi.The wifi dongle is another £35 on top of the price.

jerryq7777

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
Cheers thats a good price for cocktail too with 1TB drive might go for the lot from there.
Just bear in mind they're a French company that usually supply euro versions of products with two-pin AC adapters. Although many these days have interchangeable pins.

Also do your research before ordering as IIRC, they don't enjoy the best of reputations for CS.

jerryq7777

WIll have a hunt around just a quick look but UK price is £400 + for similar :eek:

jerryq7777

Yep looks like it could get complicated. Ive asked over on the X10 thread.

Lord Essex

Hi All,

I'm currently using my SBT in the following way, Laptop>router>sbt> Hi-Fi amp.

All of my music is flac lossless stored on my laptop which is running logitech media server, I'm using Soundchecks Touch Toolbox 3.0 (to my ears well worth doing). I am very happy with the results and the only drawback is the need to turn on the laptop every time I want to listen to music.

I do not want to go down the nas route and have just picked up a Blackberry Playbook 64gb from the classifieds today, I had no plans to use this with the sbt but as I already have a powered usb hdd I just had the idea to set things up like this.

Playbook (running logitech media server)> router>sbt>hi-fi amp. Or if this is not possible. Playbook controlling sbt> sbt using usb hdd> hi-fi amp.

Is the above possible? Can I still use Toolbox 3.0? Any comments on which should sound best?

All views are welcome

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
Is the above possible? Can I still use Toolbox 3.0? Any comments on which should sound best?
Doubt very much you can run LMS on the Playbook.

The Touch's inbuilt server is notoriously flaky due to the device being so under-powered. It may work but also may not. There is no guaranteed working configuration. It also has no web interface so you couldn't use a browser on the Playbook to control it even if it did work. Not sure if there are any control apps for the Playbook.

I don't use Soundcheck's mods but isn't a large part of that removing processing load from the Touch's CPU? Something that running it's inbuilt server will negate.

Wake on LAN (WOL) is the answer to not having a server on all the time. Whether that be a NAS or just an old PC. When you bring the Touch out of standby it sends a signal to the server to wake up & shortly afterwards, you should be good to go. The server can then be set to go to sleep after a predetermined period of inactivity. Just need to make sure the server's network card/chipset supports WOL.

Edit
Seems there is an app for the Playbook:

Music2Touch

No idea if it would control the Touch's inbuilt server.

Last edited: