AVForums Sonos Play:5/Play:3/Play:1 Discussion

If I were that sort of person, that’s exactly what I’d do

That’ll be just my luck, but worth a try. Hopefully it’s not common knowledge as it had been on eBay for about 6 days prior to my purchase

That’ll be just my luck, but worth a try. Hopefully it’s not common knowledge as it had been on eBay for about 6 days prior to my purchase

Good stuff.

Emails take up to two weeks it says

Just bought one for £25 on eBay. There’s a few bargains there if you’re quick

Looks like you got the last reasonably priced one.

Can’t believe some are selling for £100+.

The link is above. On the form they ask for a serial number and your email. They don’t mention that they’ll ask for proof of it linked to your system.

It seems it’s one voucher only but I’ve not seen that. I guess you could also submit three separate claims on three email if you had three devices IF they don’t check the connection to a system.

Sonos | Wireless Speakers and Home Sound Systems

That’s the only link I can see and can’t find the form albeit I’m on my phone so maybe missing something...

Bastards! I replaced the battery in my CR100 a few months ago and I use it most days :( I don’t need any more Sonos gear so it’s of no use to me getting a voucher.

I prefer the CR100 to the CR200 to be honest.

Bastards! I replaced the battery in my CR100 a few months ago and I use it most days :( I don’t need any more Sonos gear so it’s of no use to me getting a voucher.

I liked the 200 and almost bought one a few years back but issues with screens put me off.

Whilst you may not want the voucher, you could always get it and give to a friend or a relative to use.

I’m really fed up with Sonos now. Not only did they ruin the app for me, they are now stopping me from using the controller which the app update didn’t ruin. I might see if they’ll offer to buy my gear back like they did when I complained about the dreadful changes to the app.

It might be the time for me to just dump the lot which is a shame as I have 5 zones and a CR100 and a CR200.

Not sure if anyone else saw this but their is an IOS App (not sure about Android) that will allow the pairing of a Play 1 AND Sonos One (which Sonos don’t currently allow of course

With the £100 discount I intend to get a Sonos One anyway and if this works I’ll pair it with the 1 currently in the nursery

Pic might help

IMG_1257.JPG

Just been on the Sonos forums to vent my anger and there's poor sods a lot worse off than me on there! There's someone who has 10 CR100s in his setup! I might put my Zp120 up for sale now as well as the 2 ZP90s

I'd happily sling some money your way for the discount code if you don't intend to use it mate.

I'd happily sling some money your way for the discount code if you don't intend to use it mate.

It would need me to receive one first :( I never received the stuff for the voice control thingy late last year either.

It would need me to receive one first :( I never received the stuff for the voice control thingy late last year either.

You just bed to fill out the form I posted earlier today. There isn’t n email telling you you’ll get the discount

Saying that I have a feeling it might be tied to the account the device is enabled on. Time will tell I guess

I liked the 200 and almost bought one a few years back but issues with screens put me off.

Whilst you may not want the voucher, you could always get it and give to a friend or a relative to use.

The screen issue was fixed in later versions, if you're buying one make sure it's the black box not the brown.

s-l300.jpg

s-l300.jpg

How’s the UI on it? Better than using a smartphone and the current joke of an app?

How’s the UI on it? Better than using a smartphone and the current joke of an app?

The UI hasn't changed so it's probably comparable to the app a few years ago. Search isn't as good as on the app and the touchscreen tech isn't as good as modern smartphones but it does the job.

The UI hasn't changed so it's probably comparable to the app a few years ago. Search isn't as good as on the app and the touchscreen tech isn't as good as modern smartphones but it does the job.

Ok good to know. Thanks

I would not rely on the box design/colour for any indication about the CR200 touchscreen fault. I sold loads and have rarely found one customer who has not had at least on CR200 touchscreen fail regardless of age/BOS design. I’ve still got a few CR200s in my system that came from the first UK stock and continue to work just fine.

I also have some CR100s too and will be sad to see them stop in April. I did receive an email from Sonos about CR100 support being withdrawn including the link for the voucher, so it definitely went out to some users.

How much do you reckon should I ask for a ZP120 if I put that up for sale? I'm not sure of the going rates at the moment.

Three questions about the Sonos app, if anyone can help?

1) May always have been the case, but I've just noticed the word 'The' is now omitted from artists' names. I.e., The Lightning Seeds becomes 'Lightning Seeds' and The Byrds becomes 'Byrds'. Any way to force it to call bands what they're actually called?

2) Any way to force it to display albums in order or year of release rather than alphabetically?

3) Any way to make the 'artist' list show as what the metadata has as album artist? It's a mess at the moment.

If it helps, I'm talking about music in my music library, which is all in iTunes and then imported to the Sonos controller or whatever it's actually called on my Mac.

I've just ordered my first Sonos devices, a Sonos One twin pack for £250 after some Quidco cashback turned up unexpectedly last weekend and I asked for it in Amazon vouchers. :)

Is there anything I need to know, or is it just a case of plug in and go? One will be replacing a 1st generation Echo in the living room, and the other will be replacing a Dot in the bedroom (slight upgrade!).

Will the one in the living room just take over the smart home duties of the Echo when I add it to my Alexa account, or is there more to it than that? Thanks in advance.

I've just ordered my first Sonos devices, a Sonos One twin pack for £250 after some Quidco cashback turned up unexpectedly last weekend and I asked for it in Amazon vouchers. :)

Is there anything I need to know, or is it just a case of plug in and go? One will be replacing a 1st generation Echo in the living room, and the other will be replacing a Dot in the bedroom (slight upgrade!).

Will the one in the living room just take over the smart home duties of the Echo when I add it to my Alexa account, or is there more to it than that? Thanks in advance.

Down load the app on your phone then plug in then just go through the setup process. Many have said it's cumbersome. I found it relatively straight forward.

Sorry but can't answer your question about smart home duties.

Depends what you did with the Echo. The One will do Alexa Skills but won't do Echo only features like calls/drop-in

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom