AVForums Sonos Play:5/Play:3/Play:1 Discussion

That's pants that, shocking that you have to share the household.
You'd don't with GPM, just Spotify. The only conditions for GPM is residing in the same country and not already being in another family group.

You'd don't with GPM, just Spotify. The only conditions for GPM is residing in the same country and not already being in another family group.

Alexa doesn't work on the Sonos with Google as far as i know.

That's a shame but unsurprising. I believe Sonos plan on adding Google assistant as well as Alexa eventually, hopefully that will change the situation.

Ignoring the support of the various services, I've tried most of them and have to say for me GPM is so much better in some ways (luckily the stuff that matters to me) than the alternatives, I thought it would be a much harder choice to choose between them but it really wasn't.

Not yet but they’ve stated it will eventually work with all voice assistants Not sure on a time frame though

My daughter gets apple music for £4.99 as she is a student.
Look out for 1st 3month free offers.
Amazon prime £79/year gets you the grand tour as well ;O)

I dint think amazon prime alone gets you the music though. You need one up from Amazon prime. I can't remember what the service is called. Amazon prime extra???

I dint think amazon prime alone gets you the music though. You need one up from Amazon prime. I can't remember what the service is called. Amazon prime extra???
Unlimited is the word you're looking for. You do get some music with standard prime I believe but not the full service.

Unlimited is the word you're looking for. You do get some music with standard prime I believe but not the full service.

Thanks mate. How can I find out what's available. I can hear my wife tearing her hair out and literally getting annoyed and shouting at Alexa (I see a black mirror episode in the scenario) trying to get her to play a song. Any song! It's hilarious!!!

Thanks mate. How can I find out what's available. I can hear my wife tearing her hair out and literally getting annoyed and shouting at Alexa (I see a black mirror episode in the scenario) trying to get her to play a song. Any song! It's hilarious!!!
Dunno, I know answers to stuff because I've researched the hell out of the subject. However I ended up with a variety of Google devices and Play Music so only have practical experience of those.

Amazon Prime for £79 a year will get you all the prime benefits plus access to their music service which is a cut down version of their full service.

For many who want a single point of use its more than good enough, my FIL has it and is very happy with it, but if you want multiple users and more choice, then you’ll want their higher tiered service which of course comes at more cost.

Amazon Prime for £79 a year will get you all the prime benefits plus access to their music service which is a cut down version of their full service.

For many who want a single point of use its more than good enough, my FIL has it and is very happy with it, but if you want multiple users and more choice, then you’ll want their higher tiered service which of course comes at more cost.

I have amazon prime but of all the songs we've asked for it only plays samples.

Does anyone know if the Amazon Family Plan allows you to use different households, it says nothing on it's website?

I just signed up to the 3 month Deezer trial. Not used it yet but will feedback.

So it seems Sonos are finally doing away with the CR100 controller.

Many newer owners probably won’t even know what this device is/was or that it even existed.

Apparently an email went out yesterday (seems to be a US thing) and I’ve seen nothing in the UK yet but if the same offer applies and they give a £100 discount ($100 in states and as their prices are pound for dollar I’d like to think they’d offer the same) hen I’d be more than happy for a £100 discount on a Play 1 or a Sonos One in exchange for a device I’ve probably not used in 5 years

IMG_1239.JPG

I wonder if it’s worth buying a cheap CR100 off eBay on the off chance they do the offer here?

Do you just need to register the CR100 to your Sonos system as they’re advising the units to be binned/scrapped.

I wonder if it’s worth buying a cheap CR100 off eBay on the off chance they do the offer here?

Do you just need to register the CR100 to your Sonos system as they’re advising the units to be binned/scrapped.

I’d say if this is the case most will either have been sold, or end users will now just keep hold of them until April when they are bricked.

Can’t hurt to try and a search of recently sold items shows they can be picked up for about £20-30 each.

A decent deal if you want £70 off of a new Sonos device I guess but I doubt I’d buy one just to get the discount.

Also I’ve not seen confirmation of the discount offer in the UK so it could be a wasted exercise

I’d say if this is the case most will either have been sold, or end users will now just keep hold of them until April when they are bricked.

Can’t hurt to try and a search of recently sold items shows they can be picked up for about £20-30 each.

A decent deal if you want £70 off of a new Sonos device I guess but I doubt I’d buy one just to get the discount.

Also I’ve not seen confirmation of the discount offer in the UK so it could be a wasted exercise

There still seems to be a few knocking about on eBay and some go for as low as £20! I’m sure they’ll double if the above does come in to effect in the UK!

I’ve been considering a new play 5 to update our gen 1 that we have so £70 off would be a nice little bonus but as you say a gamble at present until anything’s confirmed this side of the pond!

That's really poor, surely they can maintain minimal functionality. I still use my CR200 in the kitchen, might be time to get a Vizio XR6P10 from ebay to replace it before they blame the aging battery on it's demise!

There still seems to be a few knocking about on eBay and some go for as low as £20! I’m sure they’ll double if the above does come in to effect in the UK!

I’ve been considering a new play 5 to update our gen 1 that we have so £70 off would be a nice little bonus but as you say a gamble at present until anything’s confirmed this side of the pond!

Is also say that you can probably pick up a nearly new one with warranty for similar prices with the discount if not less.

That's really poor, surely they can maintain minimal functionality. I still use my CR200 in the kitchen, might be time to get a Vizio XR6P10 from ebay to replace it before they blame the aging battery on it's demise!

As others on reddit stated, how many other 13 year old prices of tech are you using in your home.

I agree that surely they could leave it as is with limited functionality but it won’t be missed in my house

Ok. It’s been confirmed in CS chat.

Here is the link to get the discount of £100

CR100 Submit

IMG_1243.JPG
IMG_1242.JPG

Filling mine out now.

Ok. It’s been confirmed in CS chat.

Here is the link to get the discount of £100

CR100 Submit

View attachment 973711View attachment 973715

Filling mine out now.

Could you just confirm how you have to prove you have the CR100 - is it just linked to your Sonos system etc

Or could you PM me the claim link so I can see what’s required...?

If so I’ll definitely get one off eBay before this becomes main stream knowledge!

Thanks

The link is above. On the form they ask for a serial number and your email. They don’t mention that they’ll ask for proof of it linked to your system.

It seems it’s one voucher only but I’ve not seen that. I guess you could also submit three separate claims on three email if you had three devices IF they don’t check the connection to a system.

Just bought one for £25 on eBay. There’s a few bargains there if you’re quick

Be careful they haven’t already put in the claim themselves as this went live yesterday it seems

You could end up with a £25 paperweight if that’s the case.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom