AVForums Sonos Play:5/Play:3/Play:1 Discussion

Works for me.

0bcceb26e570b3cec60dfe292ef49ee4.jpg

Wow that's good to hear. Works
Fine on my non-bbc but just not bbc. I've tried deleting my shows and adding again but under recent episodes it's still showing no selections are available.
e39d188c0028def557a89263c0df629f.jpg

Wow that's good to hear. Works
Fine on my non-bbc but just not bbc. I've tried deleting my shows and adding again but under recent episodes it's still showing no selections are available.
e39d188c0028def557a89263c0df629f.jpg

Hmmmmmmm - works for me under recent episodes

Strange. Are you on beta preview?

Weird. Just tried it again and added Cerys show from 6 music. Same result no recent episodes showing. . However noticed your list showed 5live, so I added the Danny Baker show from 5 live and that works. Wonder if only music shows that don't work

Weird. Just tried it again and added Cerys show from 6 music. Same result no recent episodes showing. . However noticed your list showed 5live, so I added the Danny Baker show from 5 live and that works. Wonder if only music shows that don't work

Nothing showing for Cerys for me either. You might be right

1e90802240eec4a15d0d7595883ae4fc.jpg

4703dfa2145c53bff8ba0dfe611d68b9.jpg

Thanks for the podcast feedback. Currently I use the stock podcasts app on my iPhone. Does the sonos app pick up these podcasts from the iPhone as a source? Not the end of the world if it doesn't as I can use tune in but just curious.

Anyone having issues playing an line in device and then streaming it to a Play 1?

Set up - connect amp with sky box connected to it via line in. I've always been able to select line in as source on my play 1s elsewhere in the house but all of a sudden it's not working???

Possibly connected to last software update that introduced True Tube or whatever it's called.

Can anyone replicate this for me please and test.

Thanks

Just in case this got lost in all the posts. Can anyone help?

Just in case this got lost in all the posts. Can anyone help?
Not tried it recently, but whenever I have tried it works fine. Setup is 2 x connect amps, 1 x connect and 1 x play 1, all hard wired. Playing an audio book for my daughter from the connect amp in the dining room works fine across all zones.

Thanks. The connect amp is working fine as are all zones. It's just the line in is no longer streams to anything other than two connects and used to be fine on the play 1s but just get silence now on the plays using line in as source.

I'm sure this happened when I last updated the software. With Apple Music launching this week on the Sonos I'm hoping a new software update might cure the issue.

For those with Apple Music pleased to say that Sonos had been updated today and now compatible. :)

Done the update can't see Apple Music on any controller looked under beta too.

For those with Apple Music pleased to say that Sonos had been updated today and now compatible. :)

So does this mean that I can access my iTunes Match catalogue now or is it only the subscription service that is now Sonos compatible?

I assume this is for Beta people only? I don't have Beta and there is no update.

Any problems found yet?? Would like to sign up for the beta thingy but don't want any hassle over Xmas as Family will be using Apple Music service and I'll also use the Sonos a fair bit. I'm probably being over cautious but would appreciate your findings. :)

So does this mean that I can access my iTunes Match catalogue now or is it only the subscription service that is now Sonos compatible?

No Apple Music subscription only. I have iTunes Match so I'll check that a bit later bit later tonight but would imagine AM only. Only way round that is to add your library as a source.
Any problems found yet?? Would like to sign up for the beta thingy but don't want any hassle over Xmas as Family will be using Apple Music service and I'll also use the Sonos a fair bit. I'm probably being over cautious but would appreciate your findings. :)

Too early to say but so far so good :)
I assume this is for Beta people only? I don't have Beta and there is no update.

Yes public beta only for a while according to Sonos

For anyone wishing to join follow the instructions below. @hammerman. It does prompt that you can remove yourself from the beta at anytime too so Im guessing you can roll back if you have issues.

How to join the beta programme:
  1. Open the Sonos app
  2. Tap “Settings” then “Advanced Settings”
  3. Tap “Beta Program”
  4. Tap “Join the Beta Program”
  5. Update your Sonos system*
  6. Add Apple Music from the “Add Music Services” menu
*“Update Now” prompt may take up to 15 minutes to appear. Tap “Online Updates” in the Settings menu to update immediately

It won't work for me any more. I was part of the Beta program and then dropped it and the app just won't load properly now when I try to join again. Spent quite a while on the phone with support and I just gave up in the end :)

Initial impressions good so far.

Artwork all seems to be working.
We have 4 users in the household and I'm pleased to say that it allows each user to add their account and select their own music which is great.

I've been involved in the Private beta and been testing it for a couple of weeks now. Pretty damn impressed with this integration! Previously I'd been using Apple Music via my connect and piping it it round the house - not any more!

Happy me!

Signed up to Apple Music now it's available on Sonos, seems to be behaving well, although no better(or worse) than Spotify. Tidal seems best quality streams but slightly more limited choice. What is the bit rate Apple use as a matter of interest

You can also get deezer elite which is equivalent to tidals high bit rate version.
Deezer although not as popular as Spotify have a bigger music catalog. With considering. £15 a month.

Thanks for the podcast feedback. Currently I use the stock podcasts app on my iPhone. Does the sonos app pick up these podcasts from the iPhone as a source? Not the end of the world if it doesn't as I can use tune in but just curious.

Yes you can play the podcasts on your iDevice to any of your Sonos kit you have (via wifi).

You can also get deezer elite which is equivalent to tidals high bit rate version.
Deezer although not as popular as Spotify have a bigger music catalog. With considering. £15 a month.
Cool will have a look into this

So can my daughter have her playlists with her MacBook itunes library, and I have mine on the laptop?.
I did see somewhere where different people had different sonos named playlists?, playing from different speakers in their own rooms? at the same time?

If you have family Apple Music you can add the separate accounts which have their own play lists to Sonos (you add each account separately).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom