Quantcast

AVForums Sonos Play:5/Play:3/Play:1 Discussion

jouster

Currys have got a pretty sweet price on the Move as well for those still after one - £314.10 (with the discount code displayed on the site)

dave77

Currys have got a pretty sweet price on the Move as well for those still after one - £314.10 (with the discount code displayed on the site)
About the right price for it, can't believe Sonos sell the charging stand seperately for £80.

jouster

About the right price for it, can't believe Sonos sell the charging stand seperately for £80.
That doesn't come with the stand?

NOt disagreeing with you, its not for me personally...but for those that have to have it I guess its better than nothing

tom 2000

:rotfl:

Noooo my bank accounts not ready!
I know the feeling. And not having bought the missus a present yet this could be sent right back with the courier.

BMox81

Distinguished Member
And I'm back....

Decided to jump back on the Sonos train-mainly because I'm wanting a more platform agnostic experience for around the house. Sonos and the multiple services along with Google Assistant definitely fits the bill.

So I snuck in an order for a One and should be arriving a bit later.

All being well, I'll grab an SL for the stereo pair and maybe a Beam down the line? I have an Atmos soundbar so maybe not needed.

tom 2000

Can you pair an SL with a One?

jouster

Can you pair an SL with a One?
that’s the whole reason the SL exists. visually it looks the same AND it can be stereo paired meaning you save money as both devices don’t need voice control

HMHB

Distinguished Member
Indeed, I've recently bought an SL to go with a Sonos One that I've had for over a year and never used until now :D

jouster

that’s the whole reason the SL exists. visually it looks the same AND it can be stereo paired meaning you save money as both devices don’t need voice control
that said, you CAN pair ANY two Sonos speakers using a third party app on IOS.

jouster

Stereo pairings require models to be the same.
not quite the case.

this is true if using ONLY the Sonos app to do so

as said above it is possible with a third party app and it works very well

you could even pair a Five gen 1 and a Sonos One or a Play 3 and a Playbar.

once done in the third party air the pairing can be used as normal via Sonos app.

danwel

soooo tempted with the sub being at 465 but really not sure if it worth the upgrade as i have the play base and 2 play 1's paired to the PJ.

BMox81

Distinguished Member
Does anyone know of any desk stands where you can wrap the cables in the base so that it comes out of the front as opposed to the back?

I've got a console unit behind my sofa and where I could potentially put the Ones if I was to go for Surround sound, but it doesn't rest on a wall so would look naff having the cables trailing behind then down....

BMox81

Distinguished Member
Morning,

Another couple of questions from me!

For those using their One's with Google Assistant - Just wondering how people manage to get around the fact that it doesn't support multiple voice assistants (as in I have one account with my calendar, my wife has her account with hers)?

Also, for those with families - do you just set up a "family" spotify account and then have that as the default account in the Sonos app? Obviously my wife and I will have differing playlists, plus our daughter will have her choices as well (Frozen 1 & 2 I'm looking at you), but as it stands my Spotify account is set up as the base account.

Last edited:

dave77

Also, for those with families - do you just set up a "family" spotify account and then have that as the default account in the Sonos app?
Yeah that's what I do, use 1 of the family accounts specifically for Sonos.

I use a 'family' gmail address for things like YouTube on TV, could you do something similar for Google Assistant?

DJT75

Distinguished Member
Sorry if this has been asked before.

We use Spotify Premium. I use it on my mobile when out and through Sonos when at home. My daughters use it no their devices and also through the home Sonos set up.

I was about to upgrade to Spotify Family but suddenly thought does it work with Sonos? Can you set up more than one Spotify account on Sonos or would we need to continue to share the same account when using it on Sonos?

Ideally I'd want anyone to have the ability to play music on any of the Sonos speakers with their own Spotify account, and possibly at the same time (different music in different rooms through multiple Sonos accounts).

bernado

Sorry if this has been asked before.

We use Spotify Premium. I use it on my mobile when out and through Sonos when at home. My daughters use it no their devices and also through the home Sonos set up.

I was about to upgrade to Spotify Family but suddenly thought does it work with Sonos? Can you set up more than one Spotify account on Sonos or would we need to continue to share the same account when using it on Sonos?

Ideally I'd want anyone to have the ability to play music on any of the Sonos speakers with their own Spotify account, and possibly at the same time (different music in different rooms through multiple Sonos accounts).
Yes Spotify Family works fine via the Sonos app.
Each user adds Spotify as a music service entering their own Spotify account details and all is well.

Each user will still be able to send their music to whatever Sonos speakers they wish on the network, much to the annoyance of me and the delight of my son when he replaces what I'm listening to in the living room with the Power Rangers theme!

I generally use the Spotify app rather than Sonos but the same applies.

BMox81

Distinguished Member
Does anyone know of any desk stands where you can wrap the cables in the base so that it comes out of the front as opposed to the back?

I've got a console unit behind my sofa and where I could potentially put the Ones if I was to go for Surround sound, but it doesn't rest on a wall so would look naff having the cables trailing behind then down....
Sad times when a product you want just doesn’t exist....:(