AVForums Review: Paradigm Signature Sub 1

Thanks sammy

Yeah one is heading to me but I have told the dealer that if there is any marks other than finger prints then it will be getting rejected.
I am not best pleased at the moment as I was promised this would be delivered last week. However now I have had to go away to work for a few nightshifts and my wife tells me that there has been no contact from him.

Hopefully I will get it early next week but I will now not have time to set it up until the weekend. :mad:

A question for the sub junkies :). Have you ever managed to get 2 subs of different makes to work together? Is it worth me trying to get the sub 2 to work with my Velodyne or should I give up before I start?

thanks
Darren

Thanks sammy

Yeah one is heading to me but I have told the dealer that if there is any marks other than finger prints then it will be getting rejected.
I am not best pleased at the moment as I was promised this would be delivered last week. However now I have had to go away to work for a few nightshifts and my wife tells me that there has been no contact from him.

Hopefully I will get it early next week but I will now not have time to set it up until the weekend. :mad:

A question for the sub junkies :). Have you ever managed to get 2 subs of different makes to work together? Is it worth me trying to get the sub 2 to work with my Velodyne or should I give up before I start?

thanks
Darren
Firstly, I would be on the phone about my delivery, because if you dont have then its in the possession of someone happily demoing it. I could handle waiting if it was being made, or was on a shelf in its packing, but knowing its on a shop floor and the potential that implies, would have me a little nervous for the cost of the thing.

As for trying it with the Velo, its really not going to be worth it. If one of the two subs brings something to the party the other doesnt, then mixing could be worthwhile, even if its problematic. I highly doubt the Velo could be offering the Sub 2 anything of use, and its influence would likely be negative anyway. Personally, I wouldn bother. Keep it till your satisfied the sub 2 is the business, then sell it IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks sammy

thanks
Darren

Hi Darren,

not wishing to put a dampener on things..but i think you may have to be a bit realistic. Most pieces of gloss black av kit are prone to some light surface scratches even in the most careful hands:lesson:

I was told that a discount was being offered on the basis that the model was an ex demonstration-and as a result had some scratches-as a demo piece its spent the last 8 months travellng up and down the country awing people with its performance and beauty:thumbsup:

Based on that, you may get more than a few fingerprint marks me old china, but then, you get a bit of discount too;)

Now, wheres that Russell got to with that baby paradigm sub?

As neither the Sub2 or 25 use HPF's, I'll wager your dual 25 setup would realise the 7 hz target anyway :smashin:
Really? Are you sure?;)

Russell

Well, I asked the guy from Anthem, so unless he got it wrong or told you something different?

Hi Darren,

not wishing to put a dampener on things..but i think you may have to be a bit realistic. Most pieces of gloss black av kit are prone to some light surface scratches even in the most careful hands:lesson:

I was told that a discount was being offered on the basis that the model was an ex demonstration-and as a result had some scratches-as a demo piece its spent the last 8 months travellng up and down the country awing people with its performance and beauty:thumbsup:

Based on that, you may get more than a few fingerprint marks me old china, but then, you get a bit of discount too;)

Now, wheres that Russell got to with that baby paradigm sub?

I was told it was mint.
He has the instruction, anything more than finger marks and it gets rejected. The discount was not good enough to have it any other way.

The only reason I considered it was that it would be already run in and will sound its best from day one.

Firstly, I would be on the phone about my delivery, because if you dont have then its in the possession of someone happily demoing it. I could handle waiting if it was being made, or was on a shelf in its packing, but knowing its on a shop floor and the potential that implies, would have me a little nervous for the cost of the thing.

As for trying it with the Velo, its really not going to be worth it. If one of the two subs brings something to the party the other doesnt, then mixing could be worthwhile, even if its problematic. I highly doubt the Velo could be offering the Sub 2 anything of use, and its influence would likely be negative anyway. Personally, I wouldn bother. Keep it till your satisfied the sub 2 is the business, then sell it IMO.

Thanks for that it will save me wasting my time on a hopeless task with the Velo. I will be phoning first thing this morning irt its location.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom