00:50:12 - Films opening this week
00:55:08 - 4K and Blu-ray discs released this week
01:00:51 - Discs of the month
01:04:07 - TV and Streaming releases this week
01:08:50 - TV shows of the month
01:30:42 - Goodbyes
01:31:34 - The End

Presented by Phil Hinton with Cas Harlow, Steve Withers and Ed Selley

Note: If you are having problems with subscription services and Apps, please deselect and then re-subscribe to the podcast feed, thanks.

Subscription link: AVForums Podcast

Time: 01:31:34 | File Size: 167mb | Direct Link

How much do I need to donate to removal the dental image. I shiver just sitting here seeing it.

Another great podcast to listen too, keep up the good work.

One thing I would add is that the Epson is significantly larger than DLP models and this also needs to be taken into account if you are using it in a normal lounge.

Bill

Saying something has a twist in it is a spoiler, in my view
A twist is a surprise
Imagine being told you're having a surprise birthday party, before you arrive...

Yes, but imagine how amazed you'll be when it turns out that no one bothered and there was no surprise party awaiting your arrival.

SURPRISE!

Great podcast.

The 1K (no hardener in it like 2k) touch paint you could apply in lower temperature - the fundamental thing is it will take longer to harden and the moisture content in the air could be too high in this weather. Though I have no idea why someone would request you to do the touch-up. Generally speaking the average man on the street makes a right hash of it.,

Great podcast.

The 1K (no hardener in it like 2k) touch paint you could apply in lower temperature - the fundamental thing is it will take longer to harden and the moisture content in the air could be too high in this weather. Though I have no idea why someone would request you to do the touch-up. Generally speaking the average man on the street makes a right hash of it.,

My garage owning friend binned me a kit in exchange for me agreeing to make a batch of smoked fish chowder. It wasn't a conventional transaction.

Another great podcast to listen too, keep up the good work.

One thing I would add is that the Epson is significantly larger than DLP models and this also needs to be taken into account if you are using it in a normal lounge.

Bill

Yes, and the throw length is relatively long at minimum 3m lens-to-screen for a 100-inch screen, which seems to be the same for all the mid-range Epsons. DLPs tend to have shorter throw, or at least the product range covers both long and short throw options. I really like the Epsons for the feature set, but I could barely get an 80 inch picture in my living room, and I like to have biggest picture I can get from a projector - that's pretty much the entire point of having one!

It is larger, although not much bigger than the BenQ W5700, and it's also aimed at more dedicated rooms than most DLP projectors.
Yes, and the throw length is relatively long at minimum 3m lens-to-screen for a 100-inch screen, which seems to be the same for all the mid-range Epsons. DLPs tend to have shorter throw, or at least the product range covers both long and short throw options. I really like the Epsons for the feature set, but I could barely get an 80 inch picture in my living room, and I like to have biggest picture I can get from a projector - that's pretty much the entire point of having one!
Yes, if throw length is an issue then you may have to go the DLP route.

Top Gear was great this season, properly funny and the Colin McRae section was superb.
F1 Drive to Survive is superb. I binged season 2 on Friday night and Saturday morning. Ace
Life Cinematic is great, picked that up after your recommendation last time.

They are making an Uncharted movie, there's been some movement on this recently

Another good listen folks and more shows added to my watchlist. Not going to bother with Picard having heard your combined thoughts.

Re Ed's paint job, how about borrowing a gazebo with side curtains and then hire an industrial heater for a day? Don't forget to make sure it's weighted down and/or tied to the wheels.

Agree with Phil's thoughts on Frankie Boyle's Tour of Scotland. He comes across well and is clearly quite intelligent ( that's Frankie by the way! )

Last edited:
It's hardly a traditional Italian name either, but I did wonder why he was speaking Italian when he was at home with his family.

That was Swiss-German, just to really confuse things.

D2S is excellent, what a superb marketing tool for F1, that also happens to be truthful, funny and genuinely emotionally involving.

If we did that the podcast would last three hours!

Fair point, that would put a bigger dint on your Sunday mornings - although a 3 hour podcast is fine for most of your listeners I would suspect! :)

My own podcast often runs close up to 3 hours :)

Cheers!

Fair point, that would put a bigger dint on your Sunday mornings

The high functioning bit of alcoholic me wants to make it very clear we record the podcast from 7pm on a Sunday evening.

Great show as always guys.

Don't know about Sky, but Roast Battle is on Comedy Central OD on Virgin. Just watched episode one. Agree with @Ed Selley and @Steve Withers. Phil Wang I think wins the series without watching any more. TBF Ed was great too. His takeaway jokes were perfect. But then Phils comeback about his girlfriend, oh my.

@Phil Hinton @Steve Withers I'm sorry to hear about your dental troubles, gentlemen. I can't understand why Mr Hinton's root canal treatment was so painful - I had root canal treatment just before Christmas, it lasted about an hour, but I hardly felt a thing, including the initial injection which I would estimate lasted about ninety seconds - the dentist (who is actually the husband of my - female, just to make it clear - main dentist, they share a practice with a third dentist) was injecting v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y! Perhaps Mr Hinton's injection didn't go into quite the right place, it really shouldn't have been as bad for him as it was. Oh, and the dentist said that the root canal of the (front) tooth in question was 25 millimetres long, an inch! He had to use a longer probe to clean out the root of my tooth than he usually does for root canal treatment. But it was a pretty fun hour for me, and the dentist even pretended to be amused at my bad jokes while he was changing instruments.

And just to make Mr Withers feel even more aggrieved about his £150 bill - mainly because of my impecunious circumstances, but also because I live in Scotland, yaayyy! - I have not paid for dental treatment for a decade! :) I do wish however that I had Mr Selley's set of perfect gnashers ....

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom