Quantcast

AVForums Podcast: Samsung 8K and 4K TV Launches, SVS SB200 Subwoofer Review and more 17/02/20

SonOfSJ

Sorry to come to this so late. @Phil Hinton Just one wee point about the heading of this podcast - I think that we need one more "0" digit, because it says "SVS SB200 Subwoofer review", rather than 2000.

About pandemic and end of the world movies - I happen to have both Knowing and 2012. However, I do not have Inferno, an omission that Channel 5 tried hard to correct. As sometimes happens on both Channel 4 and Channel 5, a particular film may be shown twice on the same channel, about a week or ten days apart. I recorded in two parts on 5th January, and then five days later Channel 5 showed it again, it's Tom Hanks who's seen in partial silhouette with the recordings superimposed.
1582511168430.jpeg

However, having watched the repeat transmission live, I no longer have the recordings. I didn't think that they were worth keeping. It seems that the Guardian newspaper (among several others) was even less charitable.

Evinger

About pandemic and end of the world movies - I happen to have both Knowing and 2012. However, I do not have Inferno, an omission that Channel 5 tried hard to correct. As sometimes happens on both Channel 4 and Channel 5, a particular film may be shown twice on the same channel, about a week or ten days apart. I recorded in two parts on 5th January, and then five days later Channel 5 showed it again, it's Tom Hanks who's seen in partial silhouette with the recordings superimposed. View attachment 1261828

However, having watched the repeat transmission live, I no longer have the recordings. I didn't think that they were worth keeping. It seems that the Guardian newspaper (among several others) was even less charitable.
Inferno was truly a sad end to the series - I really liked the other two & the books. But that one? 👎

paulst10

Distinguished Member
@Phil Hinton Is there any chance of making the podcast a bit louder? I listen to quite a few podcasts at work but I always struggle to hear the AVF podcast. Some of this is down to being in a relatively loud environment, but I never struggle with any of the others I listen to (Joe Rogan Experience, Mark Kermode and Simon Mayo, Star talk Radio, Fighter and the Kid) etc! etc!

DpM

@Phil Hinton Is there any chance of making the podcast a bit louder? I listen to quite a few podcasts at work but I always struggle to hear the AVF podcast. Some of this is down to being in a relatively loud environment, but I never struggle with any of the others I listen to (Joe Rogan Experience, Mark Kermode and Simon Mayo, Star talk Radio, Fighter and the Kid) etc! etc!
Carefulwhat you wish for, it might mean the return of hearing the squeaky chair. I think it was Phils, from what I could tell.

Last edited:
Top Bottom