Quantcast

AVForums Podcast: Panasonic HZ1000/1500 OLED TV launch & Bristol Hi-Fi Show reports & more. 24/02/20

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
00:00:00 - Start
00:00:24 - Did we survive the storms?
00:06:02 - Current Competitions
00:08:44 - Report from Panasonic Pinewood OLED & LCD TV launch
00:30:06 - Bristol Hi-Fi Show Report
00:53:49 - Film review: Color out of Space
00:59:00 - Cinema releases this week
01:04:09 - 4K & Blu-ray releases this week
01:07:06 - Streaming releases this week
01:12:22 - Our favourite natural disaster or storm based movies
01:25:15 - Goodbyes

Presented by Phil Hinton with Cas Harlow, Steve Withers, Mark Botwright and Ed Selley

Note: If you are having problems with subscription services and Apps, please deselect and then re-subscribe to the podcast feed, thanks.

Subscription link: AVForums Podcast

Time: 01:26:14 | File Size: 153mb | Direct Link

Evinger

Day After Tomorrow & Twister are my guilty pleasures
And you CAN watch Day After Tomorrow, at least when it is massively hot in Germany, because I find it cooling! :)

mrmrh

You guys missed Hurricane Heist!
I have to agree with Ed, Hard Rain is a fantastic movie, but I’m a sucker for anything with a lot of rain.
Oddly enough I still haven’t got around to watching The Day After Tomorrow, but I own a huge chunk of the others discussed.

Mr-Mixalot

Respect Phil for giving 'The Rock' a mention, I love that film

My guilty pleasure alongside Predator

Evinger

I could be wrong, but I thought Phil was on about the actor.

(And I unreservedly Love the Film The Rock as well - no guilt here! :) )

Jawy

Novice Member
Hi,

I would like to know if the HZ2000 offers a better day time viewing experience compared to HZ1000 because of the increased brightness of the panel?

Thanks!

Rockets

I don't know if you can really say Predator is a guilty pleasure as it is a widely acclaimed film which was very well done.

The Rock for sure, we all know it's junk but we all watch it.

Evinger

Steve Withers

Reviewer
I'm prepared to defend The Rock (and Armageddon) against all-comers. I watched both again recently, and they remain masterpieces of blockbuster filmmaking.

Evinger

I'm prepared to defend The Rock (and Armageddon) against all-comers. I watched both again recently, and they remain masterpieces of blockbuster filmmaking.
Thank you - I now have my double-header for Sunday :)

Evinger

I would wager you would get more satisfaction out of 'Hell Drivers'. You even get Sean Connery in that at a level that suits him better. :p
Hell Drivers; wow! I need to watch that again soon - a great Movie for sure. And when you look at the cast list, it's like a Who's Who of the British Male Actors of the time.
Stanley Baker & Patrick McGoohan are perfect in it , and when you've got the original Doctor Who in a Movie, it cannot go wrong!

But I still really love Sir Connery's character in The Rock.

Toon Army

Thanks gents, especially for the show reports. As for stacking 3 subs on top of each other, I don't think I could ever make a business case with the other half to go that far. Can't think of any more disaster movies worth a mention, but could list plenty of movies that were disasters.

Rockets

Looking at the Bristol.

The Neat Ministra look like a interesting speaker design. I wonder if you guys will be getting them in for a review?

The monitor Audio Bronze range look huge now! (The pole opposite to the neat I mention but I guess the engineering in the Neat simply can not be done at the Bronze price point so they have to rely on the big box option).

Last edited:

invisiblekid

Distinguished Member
The Rock? Oh yes. Armageddon? Oh no o_O

Evinger