AVForums Podcast: Games Edition 14th April 2014

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
Game of Harmonious Bliss and Co-Existence
This month the team get competitive, mourn the Ultimate Warrior, talk Titanfall, Metal Gear, Amazon Fire TV and Facebook buying Oculus...do we like this!?

Hosted by Steve Hill with Mark Botwright, Leon Matthews, Niall Gill and James “trophy” Thomas.

00:00:00 – The winner is... and hello
00:01:00 – RIP Ultimate Warrior
00:06:49 – Facebookulus Rift...do we like this?
00:27:40 – Titanfall review and catchup
00:38:38 – Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero Review
00:51:22 – “Point & Click” evolution and narrative in games
00:02:40 – Amazon announces the Fire TV
01:07:59 – XBOX One firmware updates...yay for Leon!
01:18:51 – Its done! Farewells

Time: 01:20:34 | File Size: 111mb | Direct Link

TJP75

Another excellent gaming podcast; thanks gents and welcome to the new member of the team James :smashin:

I'm not sure how you'll top the conversation surrounding the fleshlight and oculus rift but it did make me spit my drink out through laughing.

Last edited:

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
So in spite of everything I said in the pod....Game of Thrones was a little bit tasty this week!

It was a "toss up" between Ultimate Warrior and a Fleshlight for the image banner :D

TJP75

A follow up on an earlier conversation regarding the fate of the WiiU in Europe: Update on how Wii U is doing in Europe/UK? - NeoGAF

Suffice to say the notion put forth on a GameBurst podcast that the WiiU wasn't doing so bad in Europe was highly optimistic; great sales data from France and Spain don't make up for terrible numbers elsewhere.

What Nintendo could do to rectify flagging sales could be an interesting topic for discussion in the next podcast.

Stephen Carter

AVF Games Reviewer
A follow up on an earlier conversation regarding the fate of the WiiU in Europe: Update on how Wii U is doing in Europe/UK? - NeoGAF

Suffice to say the notion put forth on a GameBurst podcast that the WiiU wasn't doing so bad in Europe was highly optimistic; great sales data from France and Spain don't make up for terrible numbers elsewhere.

What Nintendo could do to rectify flagging sales could be an interesting topic for discussion in the next podcast.

It'll be interesting to see what happens at E3 with Nintendo; whether they have a stall there this year or opt for the Direct feed again like they did last year. Either way, whatever they announce will be very interesting indeed. Surely they have to be thinking about doing something to recover from this right? Either find something to attract people to it or start afresh with a new console and get some decent support.

Wonder whats in store for the 3DS/2DS too, that's due some sort of update too at some stage...

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom