Quantcast

AVForums Podcast: Episode 265 - 3rd June 2019

SonOfSJ

@Phil Hinton Thanks, Mr Hinton Sir! Shame that you probably won't now be going to review the Sony 85ZG9, I'll just have to rely on the other online reviews then. Glad to hear that the podcasts will be weekly going forward for the time being! :)

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
@Phil Hinton Thanks, Mr Hinton Sir! Shame that you probably won't now be going to review the Sony 85ZG9, I'll just have to rely on the other online reviews then. Glad to hear that the podcasts will be weekly going forward for the time being! :)
I'm sure if you are serious about buying one, the UK distributor would be happy to demo one for you.

SonOfSJ

Alas, I won't be able to afford the Sony 85ZG9 or its successor or anything similar for at least two years! However, there have now appeared two reviews of it in print magazines, not online. Ten days ago I bought the August 2019 issue of What Hi-Fi, which had (among other serious television reviews) a quite detailed four-page review of the Sony 85ZG9. The review was very highly favourable, but it did say that in comparison to an OLED the the Sony's blacks were a little short. On Saturday my subscription copy of issue 301 (August 2019) of Home Cinema Choice magazine arrived, featuring a two-page review of the Sony, which won Reference Status. However, I felt that the HCC review, possible for reasons of space, didn't emphasise enough that the Sony doesn't do HDR10+, and overall the review was somewhat less detailed than, and sometimes slightly in conflict with, at least two reviews published by the same journalist online .....

Last edited:
Top Bottom