00:27:20 - Sony 360 sound demo at CES 2019
00:37:41 - New Technics turntables and cartridge reviews
00:50:24 - Cas's favourite films of 2018
00:53:52 - Films coming in 2019
01:12:01 - Blu-ray and 4K discs released this week
01:15:55 - TV shows and streaming series returning this month
01:29:50 - Taking the trash out and goodbyes

Presented by Phil Hinton with Ed Selley and Cas Harlow

Note: If you are having problems with subscription services and Apps, please deselect and then re-subscribe to the podcast feed, thanks.

Subscription link: AVForums Podcast

Time: 01:31:17 | File Size: 134mb | Direct Link

Can I just remind everyone that it was probably a Sunday evening when you guys did the The Lovers Guide 3D review. :beer::beer::suicide::suicide:

In regards to Episode IX, I'd be very disappointed if they went fan service with it.

As you've mentioned on many pods, Star Wars isn't for you anymore so why should they pander to a section of people who don't care about it at this point in time? They did that with TFA.

Is it so wrong that my wife knows your jingle.

Once again, thanks for your podcasts, your time and effort is appreciated. However, my wife would suggest your IO review should be rated slightly lower than it is... And this is from a woman who could read you script and verse on Star Wars...

I agree that the Fast and the Furious movies are really must see by this stage, and also agree with Cas that numbers 2 and 3 aren't overly necessary, and also that numbers 1 and 4 are fairly pedestrian - in fact instead of watching the first you could just about as easily watch Point Break again instead.

Following from Ed's points again Mad Max - for a Post Apocalyptic bicycle movie you should try "Turbo Kid"

In the list of anticipated movies you missed "The Man that Killed Hitler and then The Bigfoot".

Cas - On a more urgent note are you going to review "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"?

In regards to Episode IX, I'd be very disappointed if they went fan service with it.

As you've mentioned on many pods, Star Wars isn't for you anymore so why should they pander to a section of people who don't care about it at this point in time? They did that with TFA.

I agree completely with this. TLJ was a brave and interesting move - though many seemed to have also failed to see the symmetry with the original trilogy. And while I didn't like everything in it I don't expect to be pandered to, I'd rather be challenged. And at 46 years old I'd rather my kids loved IX than I did.

I also wonder if Sony’s headphone surround is related to the tech they put into the PS4 PSVR box? The efffect is pretty incredible, you can really sense the direction a sound is coming from and as you turn your head the source of the sound seems to stay put relative to your body, just like a fixed speaker position in a room. Of course game sound is always object based, the game decides what sound goes where, but similar technology applied to movies or music could be really great.

Don't think that kids are especially into the current star wars over the originals , my son much prefers the original 3 and the prequels over the most recent he thought TLJ was rubbish....he's 10

Great podcast as ever guys. Really really looking forward to next week's podcast, but will you be able to keep your tongues out of your cheeks!?! Gonna be fun...

00:00:47 - Podcast beers, new cars and jet lag
00:12:13 - Competitions
00:13:16 - Upcoming reviews in 2019
00:27:20 - Sony 360 sound demo at CES 2019
00:37:41 - New Technics turntables and cartridge reviews
00:50:24 - Cas's favourite films of 2018
00:53:52 - Films coming in 2019
01:12:01 - Blu-ray and 4K discs released this week
01:15:55 - TV shows and streaming series returning this month
01:29:50 - Taking the trash out and goodbyes

Presented by Phil Hinton with Ed Selley and Cas Harlow

Note: If you are having problems with subscription services and Apps, please deselect and then re-subscribe to the podcast feed, thanks.

Subscription link: AVForums Podcast

Time: 01:31:17 | File Size: 134mb | Direct Link

Really good to hear on this Podcast an emphasis on Built in TV Sound-quality. There is no reason why the Quality can’t be on par if not superior to many sub £1000 Soundbars.

Even better if an Optional Sub is available.

Trying to deal with horrible complexities of TV Audio Pass Thru and eArc confusion could simply and cleanly be resolved if the TV SPEAKER SYSTEM is used and supports True Atmos.

Informative and entertaining podcast as ever chaps. I especially enjoyed the banter about Star Trek TNG - "Darmok"...the actor who plays Darmok is the late Paul Winfield - he was also in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan...I'll take my anorak off now...

Seriously, looking forward to hearing more about this year's TV's and the eventual reviews but what I love about the podcast is the mix of tech news/reviews/discussion with TV/film - the reason why we buy these things in the first place.

Great podcast. I would agree with Cas don't be put off watching The Punisher thinking that because it is Marvel it must be a soft film about someone prancing about in lycra or a tin suit. It is more akin to John Wick, where a professional killing machine gets severely pissed off by someone and ends up on an endless killing rampage.

In the Snake Oil related Podcast next week it would be interesting to know what items have surprised you and won you over aswell as highlighting the obviously ridiculous.

Great episode guys.

I agree with Cas on the Netflix quality - and the Bullseye actor on Daredevil

Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage & The Punisher - all top class TV entertainment

The Defenders was OK and Iron Fist perhaps (no certainly) the weakest

Star Trek Discovery great - and again agree with Cas on a couple of character mis-steps/choices.
Had the same thoughts with Lost in Space too.

Cheers guys!

Is there a podcast this week. Said see you next week on end of last one but can't see it on youtube or here. Missed having it on the drive to work this morning

We recorded last night, so I didn't get the edit done until this morning. It should now be live.

5 minutes ago! Phil's a busy boy!

It's in the machine and when the machine has consulted the alignment of various planetary bodies, it will appear. I don't question the workings of the machine beyond this- it is unwise to ask too many questions.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom