AVForums Podcast: Episode 235 - IFA 2018 Special

linnasak

Bought arrival for $2 following comments on podcast, just ok on my Sony projector(vw760), even on the LG tv had to black out and view, what’s it like on modern TVs in ambient light conditions?

Kevin

invisiblekid

Distinguished Member
What’s the data rate on 4K Blu-ray? Won’t 8k need 4x the rates x the increase in frame rate if any?

250mbs not uncommon if you can get fibre to the premises connection(fttp) this has even been suggested to happen up here (Skye) in coming years!

Kevin
UHD Blu Rau tops out at around 100Mbps

I think the new Bad Boys runs to 94Mpbs and that's partly due to it being 1.85:1 so if your wanting full screen 8K under current compression techniques then yeah it'll need some pretty huge bitrates.

Glad Skye is getting fttp. Hope you all get it by the time I'm up there next year!

linnasak

UHD Blu Rau tops out at around 100Mbps

I think the new Bad Boys runs to 94Mpbs and that's partly due to it being 1.85:1 so if your wanting full screen 8K under current compression techniques then yeah it'll need some pretty huge bitrates.

Glad Skye is getting fttp. Hope you all get it by the time I'm up there next year!
Wouldn’t bet on fttp by next year but many areas now have fibre to the cabinet (FTTC) then copper to the premises, hence speed dependent on how close you are. We get 70mbs so not limited currently!

Kevin

GhostWorld

Novice Member
Great podcast guys.

I think it's too early for the 8K ship to set sail, I'm having a hard enough time convincing my friends that 4K is worth the upgrade so all this 8K talk is confusing the marketplace.

Saying that I wouldn't say no to having that 88 inch LG OLED sat in my cinema room!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom