00:00:45 – RIP Margot Kidder and Tom Wolfe
00:09:27 – Current competitions
00:10:48 – Ed’s Munich High End Show report
00:21:50 – Phil updates his review of the ElectriQ OLED TV
00:24:49 – Steve reviews the Samsung HW-N650 soundbar
00:30:40 – Mark reviews the Egreat A11 media player
00:34:34 – Steve and Phil review Deadpool 2
00:41:40 – Films opening this week – Solo: A Star Wars Story
00:45:07 – Disc releases this week – Coco, The Post, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, The Commuter, Insidious: The Last Key, Existenz and The Grifters
00:50:28 – Upcoming 4K disc releases
00:55:58 – What do we think of Season 2 of Westworld
01:07:57 – Goodbyes

Presented by Phil Hinton with Steve Withers, Mark Hodgkinson and Ed Selley

Note:
If you are having problems with subscription services and Apps, please deselect and then re-subscribe to the podcast feed, thanks.

Subscription link: AVForums Podcast

Time: 01:08:40 | File Size: 99mb | Direct Link

I see What Hifi have a podcast now :rolleyes:

Good show guys, very interested to see what result the ElectriQ OLED gets after being re-reviewed.

As for Munich, I’d love to know what was the most ridiculous snake-oil product on display?

Great podcast as ever!

Ed called it right about Jamie I’m sick of his food gospel preaching too. Just shut up man! I’m boycotting his Italian restaurants, oh, some have closed whey hey, he can afford to lose money although I do feel for the employees as they are the ones that suffer.

Lost the faith of star bores too. The original trilogy and Rouge One for me.

89FBE157-639A-4665-8860-B71C230BF702.jpeg

A genuine list of terms for Jamie’s Italian staff to use with customers :eek:

Great podcast as ever!

Ed called it right about Jamie I’m sick of his food gospel preaching too. Just shut up man! I’m boycotting his Italian restaurants, oh, some have closed whey hey, he can afford to lose money although I do feel for the employees as they are the ones that suffer.

Lost the faith of star bores too. The original trilogy and Rouge One for me.

Good form as usual, looking forward to going to see DP2 this week.

I get gfed up of the whole food nagging nonsense, sugar in this fat in that.

If your obsese and unfit it's because you eat too much and exercise too little.

I've been to the supermarket many times and not once have biscuits, sweets, cakes and fizzy drinks jumped off the shelf into my basket or mouth....

We all make choices

Good form as usual, looking forward to going to see DP2 this week.

I get gfed up of the whole food nagging nonsense, sugar in this fat in that.

If your obsese and unfit it's because you eat too much and exercise too little.

I've been to the supermarket many times and not once have biscuits, sweets, cakes and fizzy drinks jumped off the shelf into my basket or mouth....

We all make choices
This is true. But some education can help people make better choices.

This is true. But some education can help people make better choices.
TBH Phil in this day and age if you aren't aware that eating loads of crap and sitting on your butt all day isn't good for your health then you must have been living in a cave.

What people lack is consistency and willingness to change their behaviour to a different lifestyle

To be a certain way you have to live a certain way

He can die in a fire, had me laughing nearly all day.

If you think sitting in a cinema is rank, excuse the pun:facepalm:, when someone "lets rrrippp" or has bad breath, try driving a taxi when this (fortunately for me rare) occurrence happens. :thumbsdow Nice poddy guys by the way.... :)

Last edited:
The narrative has lost the plot... why has Ed not got a house?

Mrs E booted him out?

Surely after all that faffing about wall mounting his oled Ed wouldn’t leave home voluntarily. Hope nothing too calamitous has happened as like many who listen regularly and get a little glimpse into your lives I hope all is ok. If anything I thought Ed was slightly more cheerful than normal and obviously sober. This is all very worrying. All the best whatever is going on.

Surely after all that faffing about wall mounting his oled Ed wouldn’t leave home voluntarily. Hope nothing too calamitous has happened as like many who listen regularly and get a little glimpse into your lives I hope all is ok. If anything I thought Ed was slightly more cheerful than normal and obviously sober. This is all very worrying. All the best whatever is going on.

Agreed, I wrote my post on an overcrowded tube and had no intention to lack sensitivity and hope it wasn't perceived that way.

The weave of Fatclub chat, Ed being Ed and Withers fetish for 'sh*t film but decent UHD' discs there is a wonderful balance to the podcast.

Thanks again folks.

RIP, Margot "you've got me... who's got you ??" Kidder.

I'm looking forward to Solo on the basis that i really enjoyed Rogue One (didn't enjoy TLJ). I realise this is tenuous as it's a different story and a different director, but it's all i have for now...

I realise that there are real people behind this podcast, with their own ups and downs, just like the audience. Thanks for sharing a bit of your real world. It makes it more personal and the better for it. I wish you all well and a happy week.

MB

PS - If i ever bumped into any of you in the real world, i'd buy you a beer, but don't be offended if i didn't ask for a selfie !

That was really interesting about reel-to-reel. I'll be honest - I don't know anything about it so after listening to this podcast (excellent as always, gents), I did a little investigation. Found these interesting videos from Techmoan:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom