Editor
Staff member
Reaction score
00:01:02 – Competition winners
00:01:54 – Steve gets a look at Hisense’s new 4K TV line-up
00:14:54 – Samsung announce first HDR LED cinema screen
00:27:35 – Ed’s favourite album, vinyl release and playlist of the month
00:32:24 – Films of the month
00:41:40 – Films opening on Friday – Aftermath, The Boss Baby and Going in Style
00:45:18 – Blu-ray of the month
00:47:20 – Blu-rays released this week – Moana, Allied, Snowden, Solaris and Wheeler Dealers Season 13
00:53:10 – Check out the new Food and Drink forum
00:57:20 – Ultra HD Blu-ray of the month
01:02:00 – TV shows of the month
01:04:30 – Goodbyes

Presented by Phil Hinton with Steve Withers and Ed Selley

Note:
If you are having problems with subscription services and Apps, please deselect and then re-subscribe to the podcast feed, thanks.

Subscription link: AVForums Podcast

Time: 01:04:53 | File Size: 88mb | Direct Link

Another excellent podcast,

Phil's take on the Samsung cinema screen was interesting as I'm pretty sure I remember him saying that there was nothing quite as cinematic as a projected image in previous conversations/threads
That cannot be replicated on a large tv which is essentially what this Samsung screen will be
Have you changed your mind?

Another excellent podcast,

Phil's take on the Samsung cinema screen was interesting as I'm pretty sure I remember him saying that there was nothing quite as cinematic as a projected image in previous conversations/threads
That cannot be replicated on a large tv which is essentially what this Samsung screen will be
Have you changed your mind?
No, and I say it again in this podcast, there is just something about a projected image. But I also said I had no issues with choice and companies trying to push the genre of cinema along in a positive way. We can't say what the result of this technology will be, so I was trying to keep an openmind while still highlighting where I think there might be issues. I'd love to see this in action.

I have posted a few times in the projector forum that I think one day.....soon...affordable 100+ inch tv's will eventually kill the home projector market,

This has had mixed responses..

I missed the bit I the podcast where you mentioned the cinematicness of projected images

Had a quick listen to the first track on Uyai as suggested.... and thought this one might be of interest too

;)

Great podcast again folks. No white goods either :)

On the subject of AV Forums fitness videos, I went straight to Theodore Rex levels of horror. Nobody should have to deal with that.

Thanks Ed for vinyl recommendations. So far, you have cost me a small fortune in the vinyl revival which I ignored until recently when I decided to replace my TT, phono stage etc. etc. from many many years ago. The pay off has been spectacularly good though and thanks for reminding us all how good records can sound. Brilliant :clap:

Keep up the good work.

Any chance that AFV fitness video might get a Ultra HD Blu-ray release?

Steve, I assume you use the Chippenham Sainsbury's (not a stalker). But where is the vinyl?!?!?

Better late than never- here's links to the music discussed;

Ibibio Sound Machine Spotify, Tidal

My Baby Spotify, Tidal

The release single is on YouTube too;

Afrobeats Playlist is HERE

Apols for no Apple Music links but this laptop isn't running iTunes and I intend to keep it that way.

Dead can Dance is for sale HERE.

Just looked up the dead can dance album on tidal and a picture of Sally Webster off of Coronation Street came up. PS good podcast and I for one like the balance between AV and white goods although I'm more interested in the trickle down of commercial concepts like steam ovens and sous vide to the domestic arena than the vacuum cleaners you harp on about.

AVF fitness video?! Not listened to the podcast yet so unsure of the specifics, but the mere suggestion brings on sweaty palms........which for me is usually the reserve of watching go pro footage on YouTube of Russians doing head stands at the top of transmission towers!

Loving the podcast great job guys!

Which Miele vacuum cleaner is it that is mentioned on the podcast ?

Deadly serious BTW

A cheap one- the C1 Classic Junior. Still better than the Dyson.

Thanks again folks for an enjoyable listen.

Agree with @Phil Hinton about Top Gear. I'm enjoying it despite not being into cars (consequence of living in London for >15 years). I used to FF the guest sections and the silly segments with the old crew, so pressing FF on the pacman section was pretty normal for me. I really wasnt that bothered about it this time, but it is much better than last time. Very pretty films and i think the presenters are starting to gel. Good on them.

MB

The one at the roundabout by the McDonalds. The vinyl is at the right rear as you enter the store, over by the electronics etc.
Yep, ahh thanks found it! They seem to be in a cardboard stand that moves around the store.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom