00:00:26 – Beauty and a few beasts
00:05:40 – Competition winners
00:06:34 – Steve gets hands-on with LG’s W7 wallpaper OLED TV
00:24:28 – Philips announces new OLED and LCD TV ranges
00:31:27 – Samsung releases dates and pricing for QLED
00:40:25 – Hodge gives us his thoughts on the Nintendo Switch
00:51:58 – Phil reviews Kong: Skull Island
00:56:30 – Films opening on Friday – CHiPs and Life
01:00:28 – Blu-rays released this week – Arrival, A United Kingdom, The Chamber, The Love Witch and Operation Avalanche
01:02:25 – Ultra HD Blu-ray Round-up
01:03:28 – Baz Luhrmann and nuclear armageddon
01:08:08 – Goodbyes

Presented by Phil Hinton with Steve Withers, Mark Hodgkinson, Ed Selley and Mark Botwright

Note:
If you are having problems with subscription services and Apps, please deselect and then re-subscribe to the podcast feed, thanks.

Subscription link: AVForums Podcast

Time: 01:08:53 | File Size: 98mb | Direct Link

raymondo77

Anyone else having a problem downloading this? I'm using podcast republic and it won't download.

I'm using Pocket Casts on the iPhone, and it had downloaded by the time I left the house this morning.

ashenfie

No playing issues for me, a good round up and on topic mostly!

LicensedTaximan

Nice podcast as usual guys. The only (very slight) issue I had with this poddy was, on occassions, a low level hum eminating when Phil was speaking. Now i'm not refering to his personal hygene but an audible one. Apart from that i've never had any problems listening to these podcasts but then I only tend to listen to them via my computer except when we are on holiday abroad and I listen via wifeys tablet. Even then I haven't had any problems, no wait for downloading just press play and off we go. By the way I hope your low level humming gets sorted out Phil, if not try a poultice. ;)

By the way re: white goods.... anything from "Ann Summers".... in white of course. :clap: :)

Last edited:

Toon Army

Downloaded directly on ipod on Sunday evening and no issues encountered apart from the loud intro music which made the cats jump! Enjoying it so far and looking forward to Steve's hand-on review of the LG B7/C7/E7. Chuckled at Ed's mischievous comment about a petition for the loss of curved screens. We all know who to blame if this thread is hijacked by a certain lobby!

cooperda

Great 2 hour podcast! .... Yes, 2 hours as I had to keep 'winding back' to catch Steve's (great) comments. Getting excited an therefore fast - plus some topping-out.

On the 'Arrival' - comment about no Ultra Blu-ray (at least for now) guessing with the sort of washed-out palette of the film & with added grain? ... the Blu-ray might well be good enough?

ashenfie

Great 2 hour podcast! .... Yes, 2 hours as I had to keep 'winding back' to catch Steve's (great) comments. Getting excited an therefore fast - plus some topping-out.

On the 'Arrival' - comment about no Ultra Blu-ray (at least for now) guessing with the sort of washed-out palette of the film & with added grain? ... the Blu-ray might well be good enough?
I watched the Arrival UHD (imported) and while it did have a was washed out it was decent quality. I'd just not pay too much extra.

Jessica Noir

I'm with @Steve Withers about San Francisco being rough/nice street by street. Our hotel was in the Tenderloin area which has the gold-plated majesty of the historic City Hall out one window and two homeless men fighting with scaffolding poles out of the other.

Garioch

Distinguished Member
Great podcast guys and thanks for the summary of the OLEDS and upcoming Samsung prices (glad it wasn't just me that thought they seemed steep).

Interesting to hear that Philips OLEDS are selling out in John Lewis. The general public's awareness of OLEDS must be pretty good.

Regarding film releases - I notice it didn't get mentioned (as it was released last week) but what may arguably be the best film out just now is Get Out (reviewed by Sharuna). This has been a sleeper hit in the states and is gaining excellent word of mouth here. It came out of nowhere with a low $4.5million budget and currently has revenues of $123 million!

Personally - I can't recommend this film enough. I suspect it will be on a lot of people's top 10 of 2017.

Jessica Noir

Too right about Get Out, excellent film which people will even talking about for a long time to come.

Ed Selley

AVF Reviewer
So.... Moulin Rogue, never seen it, should I? :laugh:

If you are an ageless and immortal being, able to savour the endless pursuits of life both great and trivial and have 2hrs and 10 minutes to kill in the moments before the universe itself dies of entropy, then yes. Otherwise, no.

ScottW75

Cracking as always. I'm guessing next weeks Phils intro will be about the departure of Edd China from wheeler dealers after the production company trying to dumb the show down.

Last edited:

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
Cracking as always. I'm guessing next weeks Phils intro will be about the departure of End China from wheeler dealers after the production company trying to dumb the show down.
Didn't know about this ^ link please

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
Well, Wheelers Dealers was Edd China, for me anyway. Expect a long tribute in the podcast ;)

meltonboy

Thanks again for a good listen.

What was the Mitchel & Webb reference? I like a lot of their stuff (although some doesn't land), in particular the James Bond villain lair (Health and safety) and Are we the bad guys ? (skulls on uniform).

Best

MB

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Sony unveils Inzone gaming brand
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins launches Px7 S2 wireless headphones
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 27th June 2022
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Movies Podcast: 27th June 2022