Staff member
Reaction score
This week we discuss:

0:00:57 Amazon Fire TV Box
0:05:00 Google Android TV Box
0:07:30 The future of gaming consoles
0:11:05 How to get Game of Thrones without subscribing to Sky
0:15:00 Upcoming hardware reviews
0:18:00 Is ET for the Atari 2600 the worst game ever?
0:24:14 This month's Games Podcast
0:25:15 The dangers of no internet
0:27:18 Mark’s AV Snack with a mafioso twist
0:46:00 What’s on at the cinema Steve? - Divergent/Noah
0:50:59 Blu-ray releases next week - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, Oldboy, Nebraska and Walking with Dinosaurs
0:52:25 It’s Record Store Day on the 19th of April
1:00:01 Goodbyes

Presented by Phil Hinton with Steve Withers, Mark Hodgkinson, Mark Botwright, Simon Crust and Ed Selley.

If you are having problems with subscription services and Apps, please deselect and then re-subscribe to the podcast feed, thanks.

Time: 01:01:03 | File Size: 83mb | Direct Link

Thank you chaps, spiffing stuff as usual (and no problems listening to it, through one of those stone age Windows 7 PC's, I'm too old for an i-tablet-pod).

A life without a proper games console, I can see it happen at the end of the current gen console lifespans, but only if a one-stop-shop for everything appears in terms of apps / games / on demand services, that has no glaring faults. It still feels wrong though, it's nice to have a game on a disc, or a cartridge, or just something in a physical format. Similar to last week regarding streaming vs Blu-Ray.

I've not played ET on the Atari, but I remember James Pond II on the C64 being a real love hate thing, back in the day. Goat Simulator however, is quite amazing. I can think of no other game where you can affix a jet pack to your goat. Admittedly, the jet pack comprises a piece of wood and some gas bottles, but that's being particularly pedantic.

I'm actually going to attempt the AV snack this week, though I'll swap out the prawns, as I'm not a prawn fan, despite District 9 being brilliant.

Record Store Day is a new one to me, but it's certainly a nice thing to have. I visit HMV quite infrequently at the moment, but there's still that element of quirkiness about the store. Those films / albums / soundtracks that you cant find anywhere else, and the need to search the entire store, because despite the very clear alphabetical labels, someone clearly wants to screw with the feng shui of the place by mixing it all up...

Super podcast guys, but personally I don't want streaming in any way shape or form give me a Blu Ray and game disc all day long.

Surely there has to be a poll on here some where regarding this?

Again great podcast.

The Amazon video support ad is atrocious! But thankfully (for both people), they do not see you. You only see them. Least that's what I've read

I am still not able to get this working on my android phone. Have you guys changed anything??

I am still not able to get this working on my android phone. Have you guys changed anything??
I checked this yesterday with our host. The actual podcasts are playing fine. Can you access them in any other way?

Thanks for checking Stuart. I can listen online still via my pc, however I generally listen in the car via the phone (sometimes to the detriment of my driving through laughing!). Its odd, all other pod's are fine.

Another excellent podcast gents! The vomit talk was funny & gross in equal measure.

Streaming is okay for the occasional show; I'd hate for physical media to disappear as I like to 'own' movies and not have to rent them each time I'd like to watch it.

Thanks for checking Stuart. I can listen online still via my pc, however I generally listen in the car via the phone (sometimes to the detriment of my driving through laughing!). Its odd, all other pod's are fine.
Not appearing in my Podcast program on Android.(Pocket Casts). Last podcast auto-downloaded was 19 March. What's changed, guys?
Same problem here. Tried two differfent podcast progs (Android) without success.

I had the same thing and have fixed it by deleting the feed and then readding the link to the xml feed

Not sure if it's recently changed but try this

AVForums Podcast

I had the same thing and have fixed it by deleting the feed and then readding the link to the xml feed

AVForums Podcast

Thanks. I did delete it and re-try but will try again using your link.

EDIT: didn’t work in my podcast prog (Pocket Casts).

EDIT: My bad - mistyped the link. Working great now - thanks again.

Last edited:

AVForums Podcast

Thanks that worked for me finally! Now I can get great podcasts again!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom