AVForums Podcast: 28th May 2014

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
This week we discuss:

00:01:00 World Cup Projector Shoot Out!
00:06:52 What can you do for big sound during the World Cup?
00:08:50 Ed suggests using the side of your house as a projector screen...
00:11:15 Check out the Picture Perfect page to correctly setup your TV or Projector
00:12:25 AV Top Tips - Frame Interpolation, Gaming on a Projector, World Cup Drinks and some general nonsense
00:24:30 Upcoming hardware reviews
00:25:02 Nintendo shuts down WiFi service for Wii and DS
00:33:10 Why is Ed so miserable this week?
00:35:00 What’s on at the cinema Steve? - Pompeii
00:39:00 Blu-ray releases this week - Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit, Dallas Buyers Club, Sleeping Beauty
00:40:25 What books would we like to see turned into movies?
00:56:18 Goodbyes

Presented by Phil Hinton with Steve Withers, Mark Botwright and Ed Selley.

If you are having problems with subscription services and Apps, please deselect and then re-subscribe to the podcast feed, thanks.

Time: 00:57:15 | File Size: 89mb | Direct Link

vism

Steve, can't believe you mentioned The talisman.
I totally agree. I was actually thinking about it when the segment started.
One of the best books I've ever read, would make an amazing film.
Fushin feef...classic.

Deffo shouldn't be spoiled by Spielberg though.

Piers Anthony's Incarnations of Immortality series would make some great movies too.

Chevyonfuel

Distinguished Member
Chaps, cracking podcast, end-to-end stuff, very good.

I'm pretty much ready for the World Cup on paper, though it means putting the JVC away for a couple of weeks and breaking out the Optoma (which gives me a good excuse to buy Wolfenstein and have some old school FPS giggles). Given that the neighbours are big football fans, it might be easier to invite them round than to deafen them at whatever silly time kick off is.

I'll admit, I've become one of those people that follows football when it's 'fashionable to do so'. This despite spending my youth visiting Old Trafford. It's a funny old game.

At the end of the day
, I found it a great surprise to hear that Ed doesn't in fact sound like he's under water now. It was certainly a game of 2 Ed's though, with the 2nd half of the podcast being far less sinister in tone.

Mr. Anderson, for all his faults, has a great eye for 3D. If nothing else, the last 2 Resident Evil films, and The Three Musketeers, were cracking use of the technology. They certainly helped set out his stall, for a technology that's now possibly only of interest to myself, Lord Withers, and Will :D.

Pompeii
sounds like it's worth a view. I visited the remains of it several years, and took the monumentally stupid idea of a walk up Mount Vesuvius - Never again.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom