AVForums Podcast 27/04/20: LG 65-Inch GX OLED Review, Philips 754 Review, Music, Movies and More...

Jessica Noir

@Steve Withers Don’t let knowing nothing put you off, I have no interest in sport of any kind, but this will grip you. Like any good documentary, the subject matter is secondary to the storytelling.

mrmrh

Good luck with the Q&A chat, I’ve actually been watching a couple of podcasts from people who have been doing video podcasts for years and one thing they said was really key was getting the lighting right (message me if you’d like to see the links).

Another thing I noticed on a talk show that had pivoted to Skype/Zoom for guests is if people are going to be watching on a big screen don’t crowd the shot, move back a bit from the camera ... it was a scary thing to have her looming down from the TV in long protracted shots, made more unsettling when she rocked back and forth on her chair.

@Steve Withers - will you be reviewing the RMC-1L or XMC-2 from Emotiva (pronounced “Eee-Mo-Tee-Vah” from what I hear their founder say on their videos.

Steve Withers

Reviewer
will you be reviewing the RMC-1L or XMC-2 from Emotiva (pronounced “Eee-Mo-Tee-Vah” from what I hear their founder say on their videos.
I've asked, but haven't received anything yet. I think there was a delay to the Dirac update.

mrmrh

I've asked, but haven't received anything yet. I think there was a delay to the Dirac update.
I think that’s probably a good call to wait for Dirac. You may as well wait until it’s as good as it’s going to be.
The CEO (and Founder) might be an interesting guest for you guys if you can ever make it work and he’d be interested. I’ve heard him before and he’s passionate about what he’s does and particularly the upgradability of their gear, which I know has been a hot topic on your Podcast a few times.

SonOfSJ

Enjoyable listen as usual.

One question has Cas got Star Wars out of his system now??

Image of Ed walking down a street by himself with a board 'OPEN PUB'S NOW!'
chanting -
What do we want, Pub's. When do we want them, now. :rotfl:

Car washing in sun, in fact washing anything in the sun = wash and rinse with RO water (or if you are feeling particularly anal - RO with final DI stage stage to get the TDS of water down to zero near enough).
Doing this means you can be in blazing sun and it leaves no marks. It is how window cleaners do the job now days or really anal car detailer's. Have you not noticed they don't even have to dry the windows anymore because it leaves no residue. ;)

Interesting further fact on pure water it cares no electricity - the impurities in normal water are where the ions come from that make water conductive. Running water through a RO unit with final DI stage bring the TDS down to zero, meaning you can actual use electronics in that water. Hey fancy watching a TV under water??
Warning the contaminants on the electronics could cause the ion level to increase high enough to become conductive so don't blame me if you try electronics under pure water and they still blow up. OR you decide to put 240v into pure water and put your dirty hand in to test conductivity and the salts raise the ion level enough to conduct again and it kills you.
I'm taking zero responsibility for tests people carry out.
I thought that I'd leave this for a day to see if it still felt peculiar.

It does.

@Rockets Rockets, my good chap. Have you been, er, consuming recreational pharmaceuticals?

Rockets

I thought that I'd leave this for a day to see if it still felt peculiar.

It does.

@Rockets Rockets, my good chap. Have you been, er, consuming recreational pharmaceuticals?
If only, surely that would ease the boredom?

Maybe too much Peep Show. I dunno plainly going crazy.

Anyway I'm off to the garage to try putting my hands in pure water with electricity connected up.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: New TVs, Samsung Q800T Soundbar review, IFA latest, Movie and AV News, B+W Brad Pitt
Top Bottom