AVForums Podcast 23/03/20: Physical Media vs. Streaming, Soundbar Round-up, BT DAC Review and more

Gone straight for the premium content.

IMG_20200324_193511.jpg

I loved that one as a kid. Haven't seen it in years though. The score by John Barry is absolutely incredible, I bought it on CD years back and it was on regular rotation.
John Barry is what makes the Movie. It brings back memories as in my middle school every year we had a pre holiday assembly projector showing of Bugs Malone or The Black Hole or something else. We all cheered for The Black Hole. A real treat.

@Phil Hinton - you really should watch The Princess Bride, though as far as I can tell you’ll have to buy it as it isn’t free in streaming anywhere, iTunes Has it on 4K and DV so that might be an option, though I know how you hate to buy digital copies.
I watched it in the weekend with my son and he loved it, a real Feelgood movie.

Great podcast. I admit, it's the first one I've listened to but will be a regular from now on. Nice to see one of my favourite brands get a mention - iFi audio. Am a huge fan of their nano iDSD Black Label and now looking at getting into their Bluetooth gear.

Just had an idea, what do you think about it.

There is just too much to watch from so many streaming services. If I add up all the content added to my wish/watch later lists, there sim-ly is not enough hours in a month if playing 24/7. Then on top-of that more is added to these wish/watch later lists every week.

So decided to outsource watching and have employed 3 people to watch on my behalf. Ofcourse paying them - £12per hour.

any good?

Just had an idea, what do you think about it.

There is just too much to watch from so many streaming services. If I add up all the content added to my wish/watch later lists, there sim-ly is not enough hours in a month if playing 24/7. Then on top-of that more is added to these wish/watch later lists every week.

So decided to outsource watching and have employed 3 people to watch on my behalf. Ofcourse paying them - £12per hour.

any good?
Do you have a pension scheme set up?

Love the podcast and think you guys are doing a great job. Just need to say however, I flinched when I think it was Steve said Bankers are not key workers. I'm pretty sure they are, or most of them, anyway. Probably a good thing and I dont envy the counter staff who are on the front line too.

Yes, but don’t tell the wife otherwise she will spend it all on shoes, yet never wear any of them. A bit like me - I buy digital movies and don’t watch any of them.

I did like that! :)

I on the other hand buy real Blu-rays, and then take ages to watch them. The latest example of that being Mad Max Fury Road 3D, bought on 7th January 2016 but yet watched on only 18th February this year, and that only because a visiting friend and her son wanted to see it.

Thanks for the excellent podcast.

I've subscribed to D+ for the year to entertain the youngsters. There's plenty of there to keep them going, despite having all SW and about 2/3 on MCU on disc. I do wonder what is likely to be getting me to renew in 2021, but i can decide that in 12 months !

I'm personally looking forward The Mandalorian and watching The Black Hole for the first time since going to the cinema to see it with my dad :thumbsup:

MB

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom