Quantcast

AVForums Podcast 16/03/2020: MK LCR750 Speakers & Marantz Melody X Reviews. AV News and more

Steve Withers

Reviewer
That’s a pretty good reason... just bought it myself, same Suoerman 2 is still full price (and not DV / Atmos) cos they make a great double feature.
Only if it's the Richard Donner version of Superman II.

Jokerr

What I am currently watching and enjoying. Banker starts on 20th.

Good that Steve explained where we can watch the tv shows as sometimes this is missed and then i try to individually search every streaming service.

FE656DF2-F1BD-4856-8D94-0433620A50F2.jpeg

Evinger

1:13 The Blues Brothers.
When I lived in the USA in the 90's, my Housemate owned one of the actual Pintos that the Nazis drove in the Film (Not the one that falls for miles of course!). Still in the original colour, though a tad faded by then. Still ran!

Ron Hilditch

If you want cheering up? ITV2 next Thursday at 9:00 PM.
Contagion - 'When a deadly virus sweeps across the World...... Public panic reaches fever pitch.' Should have been on Sky News. They could have given their News Readers the night off.

Rockets

Being a AV forum it should be noted the BBC has suspended filming of Eastenders (we all know it is really Cas's fav).

Steve Withers

Reviewer
Being a AV forum it should be noted the BBC has suspended filming of Eastenders (we all know it is really Cas's fav).
It's an ill wind that doesn't blow some good.

Evinger

It's an ill wind that doesn't blow some good.
On the other hand, Big Brother Germany still goes on. The Contestants are fully isolated, so if the Virus suddenly turns really nasty, they would be all that's left of "Humanity"
😱😱😱😱😱😱
EDIT: I'm thinking, the "B" Arc, from Hitchhikers guide!!!

Jokerr

If you want cheering up? ITV2 next Thursday at 9:00 PM.
Contagion - 'When a deadly virus sweeps across the World...... Public panic reaches fever pitch.' Should have been on Sky News. They could have given their News Readers the night off.
Amazing that they are planning to show that movie. I am betting they will decide against it.

Jokerr

Steve and others might be interested in this free audio podcasts - on BBC Sounds APP. You can use your BBC iPlayer login.

27F01A2F-6755-4BB8-9325-D5C2F8F436E4.jpeg

Steve Withers

Reviewer

Toon Army

Rather than movies, can I suggest TV series?

I will kick that off with Breaking Bad and The Sopranos. I think we may have more time on our hands than currently envisaged.

Evinger

Rather than movies, can I suggest TV series?

I will kick that off with Breaking Bad and The Sopranos. I think we may have more time on our hands than currently envisaged.
We have the full Box set of "Monk" here - that should last a while on its own
And also
Blackadder
House
Eureka
The Mentalist

Jokerr

Phil mentioned that eventually we will see Premier Movies directly via streaming services. Maybe due to COVID, you can see 3 Premiers on iTunes. Very expensive to rent at £15.99 each.

934CC480-E5C4-4DC6-829F-673E26711480.jpeg
3876D2D3-A177-44E1-8B0B-CDA250439FC9.jpeg
5056D175-9007-4767-BAE1-BF03C085FABC.jpeg

Evinger

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member

Evinger

I have a massive pile of physical media to get through.
Sounds like a conversation at the local Zoo:-
Head Zookeeper: "Want to come for a Beer?"
Elephant House Zookeeper: "I'd love to, but I can't - I have a massive pile of physical media to get through."
:D

Toon Army

With regards to our streaming plans folks, I have just checked our broadband speed at 0750 hrs on Sunday morning and nothing in the house is using the internet. We have TalkTalk's 78 mb/s service which has always been good and very reliable. Today it's 60 mb/s for downloads and 10mb/s for uploads.

Last edited:

Latest News

TV shipment forecasts slashed for Q2 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung Display to quit LCD production
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sony XH81, XH80 and X70 TVs now available in UK
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
TV sales rise as UK stays home