Quantcast

AVForums Podcast 06/04/20: Samsung stops LCD production, LG OLED prices, Lyngdorf MP60 Review & More

boabis

I love the idea that Steve postulates that people won’t be cramming in to the pubs & restaurants once lockdown lifts.

There will probably be restrictions on travel and big events, but if my local pub opened its door by an inch right now, there would be a stampede!

meltonboy

There will probably be restrictions on travel and big events, but if my local pub opened its door by an inch right now, there would be a stampede!
This !!

Whilst people might not want to cram into a small room, i think the pavements outside of pubs are going to see some keen clients now that the sun is making appearances.

MB

PS Thanks for another entertaining listen.

crashcris

My absolute favourite Music movie of all time has to be the original Pink Floyd, The Wall. Alas it's only available on DVD and looks like it'll never be cleaned up and remastered for release on Bluray, so as my TVs have got bigger over the years, the movie's become unwatchable :(, the picture just looks so low res.

beechy06

Thanks guys great episode as always, I think podcasts seem to be one of the few things that are delivering content BAU in these current crazy times to maintain some normality so thanks and keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Looking forward to the full MP60 write up @Steve Withers , i’ve got a MP50 ready to go into my system this weekend and given i’m running the same MK150 speakers that short overview has got me even more excited to get things up and running:clap:
Also you mentioned that both the MP50 & 60 will continue to be sold but my understanding is that dealers are selling through last remaining MP50 stock then only the MP60 will be for sale, good time to pick up a deal before they go

Toon Army

Thanks gents for lifting the gloom again.

Rogers Waters Us and Them will be one to look out for when it's eventually released on disc. I saw it in the cinema and loved every minute. It appears to be available on Amazon Prime Video in the States, so hopefully the UK will get it soon. I will still purchase the disc no matter what.

Keep up the good work.

orange55

Thanks guys great episode as always, I think podcasts seem to be one of the few things that are delivering content BAU in these current crazy times to maintain some normality so thanks and keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Looking forward to the full MP60 write up @Steve Withers , i’ve got a MP50 ready to go into my system this weekend and given i’m running the same MK150 speakers that short overview has got me even more excited to get things up and running:clap:
Also you mentioned that both the MP50 & 60 will continue to be sold but my understanding is that dealers are selling through last remaining MP50 stock then only the MP60 will be for sale, good time to pick up a deal before they go
You are right, MP-50 is stopping. I have one also and it’s amazing. It will sing with your MK speakers. You’ll never look back.

SonOfSJ

I have four comments this week, but unlike last week I'll do them all in the same post.

@Phil Hinton @Steve Withers @Ed Selley I'm very envious of you all still having your parents as you reach your middle years. My father died when I was 25 and my mother died when I was 37.

@Phil Hinton @Steve Withers @Ed Selley Much more trivially, I'm also envious of you for getting items delivered to your houses so fast during the lockdown. Last week I ordered this 30MP webcam, which was due to arrive today, but it didn't ....

@Phil Hinton @Steve Withers I'm presuming that the two eleven-channel amplifiers that you mentioned are the Yamaha MX-A5200 and the Emotiva XPA-11? Will you be doing a comparative review of one against the other, with perhaps a nod to the splendid performance of the IOTA AVXPI seven-channel power amplifier, which you both have reviewed?

@Phil Hinton @Ed Selley @Steve Withers It was mentioned very briefly, but I'd like to endorse one Baz Luhrmann film, namely The Great Gatsby 3D, which I bought on the strength of the Home Cinema Choice review.

The Great Gatsby 3D - cr.jpg

Last edited:

crashcris

I have four comments this week, but unlike last week I'll do them all in the same post.

@Phil Hinton @Steve Withers @Ed Selley I'm very envious of you all still having your parents as you reach your middle years. My father died when I was 25 and my mother died when I was 37.

@Phil Hinton @Steve Withers @Ed Selley Much more trivially, I'm also envious of you for getting items delivered to your houses so fast during the lockdown. Last week I ordered this 30MP webcam, which was due to arrive today, but it didn't ....

@Phil Hinton @Steve Withers I'm presuming that the two eleven-channel amplifiers that you mentioned are the Yamaha MX-A5200 and the Emotiva XPA-11? Will you be doing a comparative review of one against the other, with perhaps a nod to the splendid performance of the IOTA AVXPI seven-channel power amplifier, which you both have reviewed?

@Phil Hinton @Ed Selley @Steve Withers It was mentioned very briefly, but I'd like to endorse one Baz Luhrmann film, namely The Great Gatsby 3D, which I bought on the strength of the Home Cinema Choice review.

View attachment 1279842
I'll echo the The Great Gatsby in 3D. It's on of the best 3Ds I've got.

Top Bottom