AVForums now on TapaTalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it only work with forums that have been added to its service, or forums that your direct it too aswell?
only with forums that have signed up to it.

Does anyone know of a way to check out the social groups using the app?

Thinking of getting this app, but wont bother if performance over GPRS (when no 3g or wifi available) is no better than safari (which is ok once the pages are cached a bit). The adverts on AVForums really slow things down, is it worth getting? Do people find it faster or slower?

Thinking of getting this app, but wont bother if performance over GPRS (when no 3g or wifi available) is no better than safari (which is ok once the pages are cached a bit). The adverts on AVForums really slow things down, is it worth getting? Do people find it faster or slower?

I find it a bit faster.. it doesn't have any adverts etc just the text in the posts.

just bought tapatalk....have to say i'm impressed so far, it's a lot easier to browse than using safari

Am I being thick? I'm usually quite good with these things but cannot find AV Forums on the Tapatalk app. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Cheers

Am I being thick? I'm usually quite good with these things but cannot find AV Forums on the Tapatalk app. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Cheers

try leaving out the space, AVForums

Cheers

If you are trying to browse to is using the 'network' part it is in the 'entertainment' section...:smashin:

If you use the load newest posts function it takes you right to the end of the thread.

- Where do i find this?

handy when i am browsing a long thread and it takes me to page 1 by default :(

- Also can i add certain 'sections' on this forum to favorites?

ta
rai

Last edited:
- Where do i find this?

handy when i am browsing a long thread and it takes me to page 1 by default :(

- Also can i add certain 'sections' on this forum to favorites?

ta
rai

I think (but may be confused with another app) that this use d to be in the button in the top right (box with arrow thingy) and that this was then replaced by the page numbers at the top.

You also have the flame icon at the botton but this takes you to the latest posts in all of the threads.

Also not sure you can add threads as favourites only forums... within the forum though you can use the normal 'subscribed' threads section using the 'star' at the bottom

EDIT. wrong thread

Last edited:
new version out today.

One thing that is starting to frustrate me a little is the inability to open links to other threads within the app, it always opend them in safari.... anyone know a way around this?

One thing that is starting to frustrate me a little is the inability to open links to other threads within the app, it always opend them in safari.... anyone know a way around this?

isn't this more about the iphone than tapatalk, doesn't it do this for everything?

isn't this more about the iphone than tapatalk, doesn't it do this for everything?

Not sure, although i do think i have seen it happen in other apps now that you mention it... still would be good if the app was clever enough to overide it and put you into the link in itself rather than in safari. I think the google app now does its searches and stuff in itself rather than linking out to safari so i think it must be possible.

Stream62 said:

Not sure, although i do think i have seen it happen in other apps now that you mention it... still would be good if the app was clever enough to overide it and put you into the link in itself rather than in safari. I think the google app now does its searches and stuff in itself rather than linking out to safari so i think it must be possible.

Using Tapatalk and have a couple of questions?

1) how do you reply to a thread woithout quoting an existing post?

2) how do you start a new thread?

Any help appreciated.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Will have a look at Tappatalk. Wondering if it's just a forum browser or if it does other things.

1) how do you reply to a thread woithout quoting an existing post?

2) how do you start a new thread?

For both the answer is the same, there is a button in the top right hand corner of the screen which looks like a box with an arrow coming out of it.....
1) Pressing this within a thread will give an option for 'Reply'.
2) Pressing this in a forum section containing thread lists will give you and option for 'New Topic'.

:thumbsup:

Seems to keep logging me out for some reason.

when i press the box i just get a refresh option...what am i doing wrong?

Just bought the full version of this app after trying out the free version which seemed to work very well indeed but with this version you can't reply/quote etc.
Anyway,testing out the full version reply works fine but when you try and "quote" someone's post the forum crashes and you're taken back to the phones menu.
Funny thing is if someone's already quoted a post and then you quote them it works!
Anyone else having the same trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom