AVForums now on TapaTalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Those of you wishing to use the TapaTalk application to surf AVForums can now do so.

Just a follow up to say that I purchased the above app and am using it just now on my iPhone. It is very good and I would recommend it. :)

Just a follow up to say that I purchased the above app and am using it just now on my iPhone. It is very good and I would recommend it. :)

what is this app? what does it do?

EDIT: got this app now, its ok.

Last edited:
This is really nice. I hope some other decent forums get this up and running as well.

Just downloaded this and it's a much better way to browse the forums via the iPhone, although this thread doesn't seem to appear on it

Having played with it for a day now, using various sections of the forum, there is one change that really is needed and that is the ability to jump to the end of a thread or view the thread in reverse order. There are quite a few threads on this board with lots and lots of replies and TapaTalk only downloads 10 replies at a time. When you are trying to get the last post of a 200 post thread that can be somewhat time consuming. Fingers crossed for an update

If you use the load newest posts function it takes you right to the end of the thread.

This only seems to load the last 10 posts when I tried it. On anything other than 3G or wifi I have found it to be very slow to connect, Safari on my iPhone 3GS loads quicker.

Was having a mess with it and you can change the number of post that it loads up to 25 so you can get it loading 25 to begin with and the 'Show Newest Posts' options loads the latest 25.

You can change it in tapatalk options in the normal iphone settings rather than within the app itself.

It's a pity though that you can't see this thread or any other stickied ones, but still a really good way to browse the forums on the move.

Was having a mess with it and you can change the number of post that it loads up to 25 so you can get it loading 25 to begin with and the 'Show Newest Posts' options loads the latest 25.

You can change it in tapatalk options in the normal iphone settings rather than within the app itself. I had not noticed the settings option though, that is handy to know.

It's a pity though that you can't see this thread or any other stickied ones, but still a really good way to browse the forums on the move.

You access the sticky threads by pressing the arrow button at the top right of the screen and selecting 'Switch to Sticky'.

tapatalk1.jpg

tapatalk2.jpg

tapatalk3.jpg

Last edited:
never knew that, thanks.

How do you get those screen captures?
Got the Belkin AV breakout kit, but it only displays video and music, not the entire output to the screen. And it must be copy protected cos I can't capture it.

How do you get those screen captures?
Got the Belkin AV breakout kit, but it only displays video and music, not the entire output to the screen. And it must be copy protected cos I can't capture it.

Press the home button and power button together. The screen will flash, check your photos!

Well you learn something new every day, that's really cool, cheers for that!!

I brought this last night

have to say i really like it every quick and easy to use and with a few updates. It will be amazing

i would like to have the ablility to

1 bookmark sections of the forum
2 edit my posts
3 multi quote

top marks to signing up to this stuart :smashin:

I brought this last night

have to say i really like it every quick and easy to use and with a few updates. It will be amazing

i would like to have the ablility to

1 bookmark sections of the forum
2 edit my posts
[-]3 multi quote[/-]

top marks to signing up to this stuart :smashin:

You can multi quote, just tap on the individual messages you want to multi quote, then tap the quote button again on the last message and that's it. :thumbsup:

You can multi quote, just tap on the individual messages you want to multi quote, then tap the quote button again on the last message and that's it. :thumbsup:
cheers for that matey

cheers for that matey

No probs. Can't answer the other problems yet though, hopefully there will be future updates. My request is to be able to see more posts. I have it set as high as I can here on official Avforums, I prefer it that way. :)

Does it only work with forums that have been added to its service, or forums that your direct it too aswell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom