AVForums mobile app launched

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
Available now from Apple's iTunes store and the Android Market, the AVForums mobile app enables access to the wealth of knowledge at AVForums using a native, graphics-lite, phone-friendly interface.
Our app makes use of our Searchlight search facility meaning that you can find the information you want very quickly.
And you can post from your phone to get the best chance of a quick response to your AV questions while on the move.

Based on the popular Forumrunner platform, the AVForums mobile app is free, so download it now.

From the Android market place here or from iTunes here.

If you like our app, please rate it 5 stars.

Note : as the mobile app is not able to request affirmation of our trading rules upon posting of a new classified advert, we have disabled classified adverts in the app. We elect to put the security of our traders first, and we insist that traders confirm they have read and will abide by our trading rules before we will accept any new adverts.

Attachments

McPhee

Any plans for a Windows Phone app? Or is the forum working with Tapatalk again?

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
If Forumrunner (the engine behind our mobile app) is developed to support Windows mobile, then quite possibly.
Tapatalk doesn't work on AVForums.

Mr Incredible

Distinguished Member
My Android reports times of posts 1 hour later than actual. Anyone else seen this?

Nice App though! Well done Stuart.

whySh1n

Can we expect version for Blackberry OS????

Discombobulate

Distinguished Member
Excellent app. Been looking forward to this for ages.

One request for a future update. If there was a tab that just showed your subscribed forums that would be great.

soupdragon

Distinguished Member
Excellent app. Been looking forward to this for ages.

One request for a future update. If there was a tab that just showed your subscribed forums that would be great.
It's doing this already, listing all your subscribed threads.

1st impressions- super fast and great search function. I've come back into the forum via the browser rather than the app as the app is quite different and will take a bit of getting used to, will give it a few more days to see if I like it or not.

Last edited:

Discombobulate

Distinguished Member
I can see the subscribed threads option but I'd like a subscribed forum option in the future if possible.

On my user cp page I see a list of the dozen or so sub-forums I normally browse e.g. Apple apps, sport, 360 classifieds.

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
If you like our app, please rate us with 5 stars.

Sniper Ash6

Distinguished Member
My Android reports times of posts 1 hour later than actual. Anyone else seen this?

Nice App though! Well done Stuart.
Time seems to be sorted now. :thumbsup:
I take it you logged in between these?
The server is still set to BST so when viewing as a guest times are GMT +1

I was going to tell Stuart but the clocks change soon so there wouldn't be much point.

Am liking the App, it's very welcome! :smashin:

Yemeth

Excellent app. Just need to get the push notifications sorted. Still havent received verification email.

Sent from my iPhone using AVForums

Mr Incredible

Distinguished Member
If your verification email is with hotmail, login via web app and check it wasn't flagged as Junk. That's what happened with my verification email!

McPhee

Stuart Wright said:
If Forumrunner (the engine behind our mobile app) is developed to support Windows mobile, then quite possibly.
Tapatalk doesn't work on AVForums.
Thanks. Didn't realise it was a Forum Runner app. Blackberry and Windows Phone support is on it's way, should be out by the summer apparently.

So far I'm prefering the iPad app to browsing the forum in Safari, which I'm quite surprised about. It's better than the recently launched Tapatalk iPad app anyway. Scrolling is a little choppy though.

CARLOS

Distinguished Member
Really like it, very fast and easy to navigate.

One thing to look at is in the current situation with scammers when looking in the classifieds section or looking at PM's it doesn't show trader ratings and I can see someone using there phone or iPad to conduct a deal and getting stung ?

sneeks

Great app, i have been waiting for something like this from AVF.

Although it does have the annoying feature of listing the number of unread threads you have via a badge on the iPhone home screen. I'll try disable that within notifications and see if it vanishes.

Last edited:

hpoom

Can we get a WebOS version please?