AVForums Live! Our first Q&A Session 30/04/20

Yes, you need to sign in. You can do it easily by signing in with your Google account. You can also just follow the link tomorrow evening without logging in, but will not be able to type any questions into the chat window.
Thank you Sir, I believe that I have now done so! I hope to be able to use the chat window.

Just subscribed, looking forward to it, if I can get away from the other half for 30mins or so.

I'm in - Ed what was the episode you referred to of Air Crash Investigation last week that was very Final Destination when 8 people sadly died. You have piqued my interested.

Here's the first screen save!

AVForums podcast, video live.jpg

Yeah I thought it went really well. I managed to get a mention around 57 minutes in regarding the favourite Alien movie from the franchise . It was Alien,Aliens, Alien 3 , Alien Ressurection for me. Any thoughts anyone ? .?

Thanks guys really enjoyed that, missed the last part so just caught up now (works well both live and as a replay).

Question for the next one, other than your own reviews etc do you actively browse the forums much and if so which section or threads are your favourites? Personally its the build threads for me.

thanks for the video podcast last nite, chaps. great fun

My Youtube name isnt the same as my forum name but i made a few comments

It was very interesting matching the faces to the voices especially Mark and Cas.

I think you definitely relaxed in the second half and went back to more of the banter style of the usual audio only podcast. Being on video can make people more inhibited so the more you do it the more you will relax.

This isn't specifically a criticism but your laid back detailed style doesn't suit the rapid nature of comments in the stream as its almost impossible for you to keep up with the live chat comments that are being fired off.

You might want to consider doing a live comments only video podcast where you respond to the stream in real time or a fixed pre recorded video version of your normal podcast (ala Joe Rogan)

or one of each.........but that would take more time

Anyway excellent first effort and keep up the good work

I'm in - Ed what was the episode you referred to of Air Crash Investigation last week that was very Final Destination when 8 people sadly died. You have piqued my interested.

1744"Taxiway Turmoil"1990 Wayne County Airport runway collision16 January 2020
On 3 December 1990, two Northwest Airlines jets collide in heavy fog at Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport after Flight 1482 mistakenly turns on to an active runway while Flight 299 is taking off. 8 of the 44 people on board Flight 1482 are killed; all 154 people on board Flight 299 survive.
Type of aircraft: Flight 1482: McDonnell Douglas DC-9-14; Flight 299: Boeing 727-200 Advanced

I really enjoyed it..liked the backdrops and presentation, the sound was fine was listening through headphones. I got 3 questions answered! -

group tests
recommendation for turntable for a teenager (just starting)
and feedback from Cas over reviews,

so i was more than happy...keep up the good work chaps

Thanks Chaps, it was very professional considering it was live and the first one I honestly could not fault it in anyway and hope to see more of these in the future. (maybe I have low standards but I was impressed).

When the recorded version is uploaded onto YouTube, could you also consider adding to Apple Podcasts?

That way many of us can download it and watch offline when required.

When the recorded version is uploaded onto YouTube, could you also consider adding to Apple Podcasts?

That way many of us can download it and watch offline when required.
Yes, the audio version will get uploaded for normal podcasts when we switch to video.

Great job guys, really well done for your first attempt.

But just like radio, the first time seeing someone you've been listening to for years is weird!! Knew Phil, Steve and Ed, but first time seeing Cas and Mark. Not what I was expecting, especially Mark.

Oh and yeah more video please.

However, it's extremely odd this, but I can only feel comfortable listening to the podcast driving in the car. It's really, really strange, but I just cannot listen to it (and other podcasts) on the computer or anywhere at home via any means.

But can watch you on YouTube quite easily. Must be my simple mind.

I thought they did a great job - even got my question answered (Last one) - Thanks Cas :clap:
Looking forward to more of this.

As with "AncientYouth" my YouTube name is my actual name rather than my AVforums name. How do I change it to my forum name... anyone?

As with others I enjoyed this (hopefully) new permanent and imo very successful addition to these hallowed forums. Well done all including Count Withers, aka Megamind.

1588353010375.png

Sunday's podcast will also be live video. We were so pleased with the response that we are just jumping in with both feet. Plus, it will be on the main AVForums YouTube channel. Thank you everyone for the great feedback.

great first effort, really enjoyed it,and a few laughs along the way,look forward to more. :thumbsup:

Great stuff guys, very quickly settled down to the usual banter that makes it so enjoyable. Love to see more. I can see it evolving over time, you can bring in pics, video clips , even some prerecorded elements, all possible. Just please don’t descend into a version of The Gadget Show, running about on skateboards and stuff.😂😂

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom