AVForums Live! Our first Q&A Session 30/04/20

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
UPDATE
Here is the video of our first-ever Q&A session on the AVForums Podcast. We will be starting to do these as the normal podcast on a regular basis along with an audio release for those who listen.
This was our test video, so please leave us feedback in the comments below:

Thursday 30th April at 7:15pm BST, the podcast team are doing our first live Q&A.
We're testing live streaming on our AVForums Podcasts YouTube Channel (not the main AVForums channel).
It's the first time we've done a live stream, so it's very much a case of testing the software and setup, but we hope it will be fun, nonetheless.
So join us to ask us any question related to Home Cinema, Hi-Fi, Movies, TV, Music and gaming, and we'll do our best to answer.

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds interesting! i've been wondering about this recently ironically

might be better moving the time by an hour or changing the day altogether?

We will either finish for 8pm or take a break at that point. It's a test so will make sure we do something so we can all clap.

Hiya all, providing that I know what i'm doing at this end and don't mess it up, i'm in...... hopefully.👍

Will @Ed Selley be on the beers?!

Responsibly; there are limits to the sort of decline you're likely to see in the space of an hour.

I‘ll be drinking with you (here in Austria).
I‘m about to make some upgrades in the next months...Auro 3D...Height speakers and Sub(s)...would tomorrow evening be the best time to ask some questions?

I‘ll be drinking with you (here in Austria).
I‘m about to make some upgrades in the next months...Auro 3D...Height speakers and Sub(s)...would tomorrow evening be the best time to ask some questions?
Yes, fire away

Maybe enlighten us as to how long it took each of you to tidy up in readiness for presenting yourself and your work areas to all of us?! Particularly Mark's building site... assuming he's on the call.

Maybe enlighten us as to how long it took each of you to tidy up in readiness for presenting yourself and your work areas to all of us?! Particularly Mark's building site... assuming he's on the call.

The 'add background' feature was instrumental in the decision making process that led to this point.

Hello, couple of questions -

Will we be able to access this after the event?

Can you ask questions in advance, if so exactly where can you post these questions?

Thanks

Can't wait and subscribed in readiness. I hope it's a success and becomes a regular feature. Good luck gents - no pressure!

@Phil Hinton Is there any way to please check that I'm on the list of subscribers to the YouTube channel? I think that I subscribed last night, but I'd hate to leave it until tomorrow evening to find out the contrary. Is the list of subscribers publicly available? Should it be? I genuinely don't know.

Excellent news.

If you are taking questions then here are two that I would like to ask:

(1) What AV product do you think pushed consumer electronics products forward the most, within the past decade?

(I would go for the LG 55EF950 in 2015. I think it was the first 4k OLED TV with HDR. Also by that time, a couple of years after the first large screen OLEDs were released, LG were making OLEDs a much more affordable technology.)

(2) What did each of you do before becoming reviewers?

@Phil Hinton Is there any way to please check that I'm on the list of subscribers to the YouTube channel? I think that I subscribed last night, but I'd hate to leave it until tomorrow evening to find out the contrary. Is the list of subscribers publicly available? Should it be? I genuinely don't know.
When you are on YouTube logged in as yourself, you should see your subscribed channels listed on the left of the page.
The link is also in this thread for direct access to the page.

@Phil Hinton Ah thank you, Mr Hinton. The only slight problem, which I'll have to solve away from here, is that I've never previously signed on to YouTube, I've only ever previously just clicked on the desired video (having used google to find it) and hence I presume using the default open access option, but clearly I'll have to sign on to YouTube separately.

@Phil Hinton Ah thank you, Mr Hinton. The only slight problem, which I'll have to solve away from here, is that I've never previously signed on to YouTube, I've only ever previously just clicked on the desired video (having used google to find it) and hence I presume using the default open access option, but clearly I'll have to sign on to YouTube separately.
Yes, you need to sign in. You can do it easily by signing in with your Google account. You can also just follow the link tomorrow evening without logging in, but will not be able to type any questions into the chat window.

Won't be able to catch it live, but looking forward to hearing how it went.

Good or bad :D ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom