AVForums Live night #2

Munkey Boy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, we had a bit of a laugh last time, who's up for some more? Put your name down, and we'll see if we can get online...

How's Friday night (14th October), 8pm 'til late - NOTE TIME CHANGE for everyone? Some more PGR2 and Halo 2? Any other suggestions? Sign up before the places go!

OK, so far we've got:

Games to play with rough start times: 8pm PGR2 to start, then 9.30pm Far Cry: Instincts, then (if anyone's still awake) a bit of 11pm Halo 2.

Name Gamertag:

Lorenzini Munkey Boy PGR2 FC H2
Pooontang Pooontang PGR2 FC H2
Captaineyecatch Captaineyecatch H2
Kopite4ever CowieCTU PGR2 FC H2
Colgate 7110 ColinRF PGR2 FC H2
Scoo Naebad PGR2 FC H2
Monkeyleader Monkeyleader PGR2 FC H2
CAS FAN Cas Fan PGR2 FC
Holtehero Holtehero FC H2
MrMcDean MrMcDean PGR2 FC H2
DelTrotter D J C 197 FC
i-bert Timdog THX H2
Duncan Craig Mr S Baldrick FC
Carpeteyes KingKernow H2

No PGR2 spaces left (Reserves: DelTrotter 1st, i-bert 2nd, Carpeteyes 3rd)
5x FarCry spaces left

Me :clap: Me :clap: Me :clap:

captaineyecatch said:
Always up for some Halo2 action - Dont do car games though.

poof....:devil:

only joking ;) :smashin:

put it back a week and it could be a PES5 launch tourney. (if not ill arrange one if the enthusiasm from others is there)

Count me in for some PGR2 :smashin:

Missed my Friday night PGR2 session this last couple of weeks so it will be good to get back on it again :D

Kopite4Ever said:
cant really get through a tourny in one night tho, with the ammount of people that will probably show interest in that

how about first twelve to reply to the thread if i start it get in???

Apparently pes5 supports tournament modes.

is that fair though. id rather see a tourny with all members who are able to play. i know there may be people who miss the thread but PES5 is this forum's fav game on average. suppose all these people getting i may have to as well but i cant see me playing it on the xbox controller

we only limit the ammount of people for PGR etc because you have a limit to the ammount of people in the game

Sounds good guys :smashin: After another 5 days of weekend-free work coming up, I'll be needing some Live stress relief... My Xbox has been thoroughly neglected the past few weeks asides from a couple of hours on PGR the other night and with Mrs Colgate-to-be out at a candle party (no, I don't get it either....) this is the perfect opportunity for some gaming.

well kopite i don't mind doing the organising so say i set a date and organise it over a couple of days, you think it would be worthwhile?

just get every's one name and draw the players who will play each other. then they 2 can sort it out between themself's when the match is played as not everyone who wants to play in the tourny is available for live all the time. alot of fella's here only really do the weekend so its hard on some to say your either in this tourney to be played on X weekend or you dont play at all.

back on for live meet we could be downright nasty and only allow people who turned up last time :devil: i want my bloody cat and mouse ( think thats what we played ) win after i was robbed last time

Kopite4Ever said:
back on for live meet we could be downright nasty and only allow people who turned up last time :devil: i want my bloody cat and mouse ( think thats what we played ) win after i was robbed last time
It was Last Man Standing we were playing mate - totally blows Cat & Mouse away. I can't remember who won LMS last time but it makes a big difference when everyone that starts the series finishes the series. I'm pretty sure we had people jumping in last time before we finished which is never as good. Who did win actually? Wasn't Pooon anyway and that shocked the hell out of me ;)

Will be up for a Pro Evo 5 get together too, but I may have to wait a while as I ordered the £15 HMV version, and I'm very doubtful it'll come through on release day...

Please count me in again! GT - Naebad. Haven't had so much fun playing Live for a long time...

scoo said:
Please count me in again! GT - Naebad. Haven't had so much fun playing Live for a long time...
Ah, wondered when you'd show your face in here :devil: Seems PGR is enjoying something of a revival just now. I can't remember the last time you could go on PGR and find a good crowd since everyone disappeared off to Halo 2 :(

How about Farcry - much better than Gaylo2!

I'd be up for some PGR2 action :smashin:

EDIT: will deffo be up for PES5 when we get that and to be honest I found that the "one night tourney" worked well last time. You need some dedicated folk but it can deffinately work. It's also the best game ever created so seems a shame not to play it. :smashin:

Hmmm, don't know how many of us have Far Cry on Xbox, I know I don't. Could 'rent' it from Game for the week though I guess if there's enough demand...

Far cry is amazing - seriously i'd recommend anyone with an X-Box who remotely likes FPS games to buy it. It's much more fun than Halo 2 and the graphics are stunning for the X-Box. There's also this class Predator mode where one guy is the predator (with the super Feral powers) and the others are just normal dudes that have to cross the map to reach a transmitter. The Predator has to take out all of the other normal dudes and stop any of them reaching the other side. It really adds something new to the genre and it is amazing fun!

You can also create your own maps with a superb and easy to use map creator.

Honestly this is the best FPS i've played on the X-Box and a must own IMO. Rent it first if you're not convinced but I guarantee that the rental will turn into a purchase :smashin: .

Check out these reviews....

GAMESPOT
IGN

I would be up for Far Cry on Friday night as its a brilliant game

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom