AVForums is changing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic67

Banned
I've had another look at the email. This looks like exciting stuff.

HMHB

Distinguished Member
Like the looks of it but not really sure about awarding trophies for posts and stuff like that. It might end up that people just post what they think will get them the most 'likes' from others in order to get brownie points or a gold star or whatever you get for being a good boy.

It could end up like a sad facebook-type popularity contest if it goes too far down that route.

Wootball

The new forum software and styling look fantastic - although I'd disagree that a change is required at all, that's not my decision to make. The new version should be great.

My only hope and advice is that you take a big lesson from the disastrous launch of the new AVF app, and have it tested correctly - and then not bury your head in the sand when/if your users tell you that it's a mess.

Steven

Senior Moderator
The "App" is a skin over generic software. Hence why bug reports are forwarded to the coders and not dealt with by Stuart himself

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
Going to wait to see how well the mobile style works before we make a decision on whether or not to continue with Tapatalk. Xenforo has a responsive design.

WSH

Every time I click on a page on the desktop site on my PC I'm getting a pop up to put an admin tapatalk username and password in.

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
Tapatalk is a free download, now. I didn't know that was going to happen, BTW.

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member

Steven

Senior Moderator
True, but turning off the ability to review it was a serious knock to Stuart's integrity.
Obviously it is not yet a perfect world. Equally moaning about the app is the equivalent of sending complaints about the weather to the Prime Minister. Just how much influence do people expect Stuart to have.

It does not really matter now with the transfer to a new platform

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
Further discussion about the changes coming to AVForums are now in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.