AVForums Guitar Hero II Rock-Off!

MonkeyKnuckle

Distinguished Member
Would anyone be interested in doing a Rock-Off?

Basically a song is chosen each week and the person with the highest score on the leaderboards wins.

It would be much like Pooon's PGR3 lap times competition that was around when the 360 first launched. Except instead of Cars we have Goblets of Rock!!

There are a few things that need to be answered like would we lock it to difficulty? Or just let people do whatever difficulty they want (obviously the people who do it on expert are going to get more points than the people who do it on easy, as long as they don't muck it up.)

Also, what songs do people want to do? It has too be songs that aren't too hard to unlock, preferably songs that can be unlocked by just playing through the game on easy etc.

I'm thinking 'Monkey Wrench' or 'Killing in the name of' to start with, mainly because most people will know that song.

I want to hear if people are interested and their ideas, so please reply if you are interested and also your thoughts on the song and difficulty issue.

Names (Gamertags) so far:
MonkeyKnuckle86
C225
rrfierce
Soldier I
sparkrite007
Guns LotsOfGuns
ManFromDelMonte
Screemer
KrisWillis
ImplicitDog
RottenFoxBreath
Mr Lugz - 152252
Mr Lugz Jr - 121844
W11d B3a5t
YTpaxton
HappyHammer81
oOoBillyoOo
drinksinbars

C225

Distinguished Member
I'd be interested but i think it would have to be set to one difficulty either medium or easy and just to pick fron the basic songs no encores and so on.

Also please do monkey wrench as that is the song i am best at for some reason.

Deeez Nuuutz

Distinguished Member
Yeah i'd be interested for a laugh :)

sparkrite

I'm up for a bit of friendly competition:thumbsup:

Guns_LotsOfGuns

Moderator/Games Reviewer
I am so there! Im on your friends list Monkey so give me a shout.

If im honest i been kinda doing it all ready comparing my scores on the leaderboards with all my friends.

However i dont think ManFromDelonte should be allowed to play hes clearly to good!;) :D

Let me know!

is1111

I am so there! Im on your friends list Monkey so give me a shout.

If im honest i been kinda doing it all ready comparing my scores on the leaderboards with all my friends.

However i dont think ManFromDelonte should be allowed to play hes clearly to good!;) :D

Let me know!

haha mate i'm not that good actually just that i have it on ps2 so have played it before. medium is ok for me but i find the jump to hard and expert seems quite big. been trying to get the 500 note achievement on hangar 18 on medium but keep missing a note about 390 in. mind you this got me to 32 on the weekly leaderboard for hangar 18 earlier today which i was very pleased about! i have played a few songs on hard and can just about get through them but 5 stars looks out of my league.
try hangar 18 on hard or expert:eek: :eek: even on practice with it slowed down it is still rock hard.
some of the solo sections are just a blur of colours.
check out youtube too as there are some unbelievable players out there!

MonkeyKnuckle

Distinguished Member
I've seen someone playing Hanger 18 on expert. :eek: I can't even get five stars on the Top Gear theme tune on easy (I think it is called Jessica)

MonkeyKnuckle

Distinguished Member
Cool, also does anyone know if it is possible to filter the scores on the leaderboards by difficulty? I know it has either a E, M, H or X next to the score depending on what level you have done it on. It would be helpful if you could.

screemer

Yeah, put my name on the list please fellas. I am crap at it but hey, what the hell :)

BrianC

I'd be interested in this if the difficulty is locked to either easy or medium to begin with, not quite ready for hard or higher mode just yet. :D I guess we could step up the difficulty as time goes on and people improve? I wouldn't be keen on entering if people could enter on different difficulty levels.

Not fussed on what song is chosen to begin with.

MonkeyKnuckle

Distinguished Member
Yeah I was thinking that medium should be hard enough that people don't just get 100% each week but easy enough that people don't get like 50%.

MonkeyKnuckle86 said:
Cool, also does anyone know if it is possible to filter the scores on the leaderboards by difficulty? I know it has either a E, M, H or X next to the score depending on what level you have done it on. It would be helpful if you could.

Does anyone have an answer to this yet? Otherwise it is going to be considerably harder to keep track of the scores.

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
ive only seen the options like for friends,so as long as someone is on someone elses list to verify,it shouldnt be too hard..
but sign me up too..ive been playing this to death,and the wife and kids too,its like the wii launch all over again.!!:D

Alun

Put my name down monkey!

Think the easiest way to filter out the scores would be to have everyone who is interested in playing on your friends list. then you can just filter by friends.

AFAIK there is no way to filter the scores which I think is a shame.

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
Stick my name down too guys. I'm looking to add some friends for this game as I don't have too many people on it. :)

Alun

My son would like to enter this competition too.

His name is Jack, he is 7.

The only issue is, being 7 he doesnt have a live account, or a membership to the forum, do you lot trust me not to lie about his scores???

I can video him doing them and post it on you tube or myspace as proof.:cool:

Alun

Cheers monkey!

I may just put a vid up anyway........

Thing is, doing that I'm bound to get
some youtube numpty said:
OMG I'm sooo much better than that you totally suck dude, like you missed 7 notes in that solo
and suchlike.

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
MonkeyKnuckle86.....just make sure that Alun,doesnt post links to that 8year old kid playing psychobilly freakout,and passing him off as his son!!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
heres the link,so as to make sure he doesnt...hehehe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yEjyuw42YY

paxton

I'm interested too, please. I've completed easy and yet to start on medium so if it's one of those I'll be fine - if it's not, then I'll just be propping up the rest! :D

Most fun I've had with a game for a number of years! :thumbsup:

Alun

I've seen that video but with Monkey Wrench on expert on the screen, weird :confused:

Yeah, Alun I want him to be wearing a T-shirt with your name on it. ;) :D

no worries mate, still got the t shirt from me old band, "Hot 'n' Salty Cream" on the front and "AL" on the back:D :D :D

(its an anagram of the pub where we all used to drink, anyone guess what it its called)

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
so what were looking for is some small child drowning in an old rock t shirt,with his dad shouting at him,to "give it some welly,boy...those avforum-ers wont know what hitting them!!",as he belts out the tunes,like his dad did,way back in the day..
dont bother with the tourney,heck id watch that...:rotfl: :rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

T+A announces high end 200 Series audio components
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Trinnov Altitude update adds new features
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Panasonic TVs welcome Disney+
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Audio Research announces I/50 integrated valve amp