AVForums Destiny Clan (PS4) *DISBANDED*

Coldheart is good when doing the arms and bits

This is great news because a 327 coldheart came out of the exotic engram I got last night. As for the empowering rift, I see the benefit but I must say the healing rift came in very handy last night when we got swarmed. I might have to go void for devour to help keep me alive, but then I lose my roaming super.

I feel that, when shooting his arms, we need to coordinate when each person starts firing, so that we're not all reloading at the same time as those buggers go back to white almost instantly. Obviously said coordination gets tricky when we're all using different weapons, but we really can't afford to stop shooting them for even half a second.

Apparently the sides always go in order clockwise, so if first side is solar it would be solar->arc->void->solar->arc->void etc. and you use this spreadsheet to work out what to cook to be ready for next phase. First column is the orbs you're looking at now, and 2nd column is what to cook for that phase.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Seems a little over complicated to me, but apparently it works. Got the SS and info from this video's comment section, and Reddit.

Nice one, it's quite a relief that they're not truly random. This should help a lot. Gonna watch the video after work.

Would really like to join please

Follow the link in the first post mate, if you need a hand with anything don’t be shy to send out an invite [emoji1303]

Just watched this from Datto:

and it's a lot easier to follow than the other one. Looks like the clockwise rotation is for the first phase (mines) not the boss damage phase, as I said above.

I think we were on the right track, and the key to the dps phase is getting as many of the craniums charged on the damage side as possible. They do 500,000 damage each, so if you can get 3 fully charged ones on the right side it makes a massive dent in his health. The spreadsheet is probably not necessary, and just making sure you've got craniums charging as much as possible, will probably be enough.

Also it's only when you are shooting his "arm" spots that he rotates, so when doing that you need to make sure you're on a platform that has space to move so you can follow the arm round. I'm gonna try and get a couple of hours on this aft/eve so I can try and get an auto to drop, to put into my coldheart, as that looks like the exotic of choice for this encounter and mine is still at 305

I'm assuming 8-8:30 as per usual. Bigger question though is, have we got a sixth?

Looks like a no so plan B it is. Can have a look around first and see whos on from our friend lists see if we can get a sixth from elsewhere as no one else from the clan looks like they will be on.

I will be on in a few minutes...little one being naughty at bed time!!

Server maintenance, for new patch, on Tuesday 12/12 from 3PM to 10PM UK time, so probably a good job we didn't organise a run.

Server maintenance, for new patch, on Tuesday 12/12 from 3PM to 10PM UK time, so probably a good job we didn't organise a run.
I don't remember maintenance taking that long before.

I can remember them taking that long before, it's the telling us in advance that's new.

I think they've learned that saying 3-6, then extending it hour by hour till it lasts till ten, get's everyone a little mad. The twitter post says "expected duration" so I suspect they've gone for the longest possible up front, so they can finish early if possible.

Wow that's a ridiculous downtime.

And I've just remembered that Thursday is out for me unfortunately, it's star wars day. God knows how I forgot that

Wow that's a ridiculous downtime.

And I've just remembered that Thursday is out for me unfortunately, it's star wars day. God knows how I forgot that

Ha! It's my Xmas do as well. Totally forgot.

Prestige raid being brought down to 300, I may finally get that trophy! Nightfall will remain unchanged though

Expansion and Season Access Update > News | Bungie.net
  • The Prestige Leviathan Raid will be brought back down to Power 300, and its rewards will drop down to match the new Power Level. All players will regain access to the Prestige Raid.
    • This will allow access to “The Prestige” Achievement/Trophy for all players.
    • This will also allow all players ability to complete the final step for the Legend of Acrius Exotic Shotgun.

So the normal and prestige raids are both 300 now?

So the normal and prestige raids are both 300 now?
Hopefully after today's patch. If they're the same level I'd imagine they'll stick more yellows in the Prestige - and it'd still have the additional mechanics.

Hopefully after today's patch. If they're the same level I'd imagine they'll stick more yellows in the Prestige - and it'd still have the additional mechanics.
Not sure - feels a bit knee-jerk due to the Trophy/Achievement issue.

Hey I don't mind if it makes the prestige raid a little less cheap!

Cool, hope that prestige also counts for the ornaments too. Will make getting those boxes ticked easier too.

Edit: just looking at the full downtime announcement on bungie.net, and the patch won't be available to download until after the downtime is completed.

Last edited:
No words...
Another team put a similar vid up and also a 6 man 1 phase where they use 5 x Celestial NH + mass orbs.

They are getting up to 5 Nighthawk shots off each (at 370,000 damage per shot) per shield side going down. I think we are doing one super each.....so maybe orb creation and what to do with them is something we need to think about more for this fight!

clip below - don't even go to the wipe mechanic where you shoot arms etc.

Last edited:
Wow, I think I might have to level my hunter next, that's ridiculous

Anything new and editing for us non-raiders coming along (not sold by the reviews of the dlc)?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom