AVF Wingman Tourney (Interest/Signup Thread)

Bigbud

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Gears seems to have taken a back seat so I want to see if we can get it rocking again with a little tourney just one night and depends on numbers but hopefully an hour or two max play.

Would love to make this a weekly event and run it as a league over say 10 weeks.

With the new spectators mode hopefully we can remove host advantage with a spectator (Volunteer) for each match.

I'm proposing a Thursday night at 9.00 till 10.30 max (if lots of people are interested but cant do a thursday but could do another evening please say and we could change it. Don't want to do Fri, sat or sun thou as people as less likely to commit or turn up hammered)

Will sort out rules ect later when I have some idea of numbers.

You can pick your own wing man but if you dominate the first night we'll have to split you up to keep it as even as poss, if you haven't got a wing man and don't find one in thread please post and i'll pair people :thumbsup:

Will be spamming invites to the old GOW gamer tags tomorrow if we don't get many number right up asap.

Any other questions or comments.

GO!

Sounds like a good idea but Friday has the best gears activity on my friend list so maybe that would work better for most(?)

I'm in mate, Luteus said he'd play too I think didn't he. We can get Terry in on it as well :thumbsup:

in

Not looking great on numbers currently, Firday night does seem to be the better night for numbers thou.

Bigbud
Richie
Luteus
TerryTibbs
Kop
Zzebedee
Brainer
Dwayne Dibley
davymurph
Zombyslayerjake

Last edited:
Pretty sure I can get Brainer to play.

Sadly this section is much quieter than I hoped it would be, and too many folks are playing BF and COD. As I always expected would end up the case :(

Pretty sure I can get Brainer to play.

Sadly this section is much quieter than I hoped it would be, and too many folks are playing BF and COD. As I always expected would end up the case :(

Think we could run it with 8 min :thumbsup: would have liked 16 but hey ho..

count me in.... Fridays are better for me too.. Cheers.

Fridays good for me too.

I may be crap but my son is good!! (well better than me)

davymurph
Zombyslayerjake

Will update top post But I think I've come up with a format,

We'll aim for 16 players as I think we could scrape it :D

We'll run it over 2 Friday nights

It'll be 4 rounds for the match of which each team gets host once.

Total kill points for each team in each round gets added up and decides over all placing (If there is a draw between two teams total match points will be decider) (Bascially means I need someone in other match to take a screen shot of the 4 rounds)

Top two teams of each match and the two bottom team play each other the next week.

Any players missing will be replaced with insane bots.

Dates Jan 7th & 14th Everyone lobby up at 9.00 for banter trash talk then Start at 9.15.

It's a good idea and hope it goes well, but Wingman is just not my thing. So well done on organising this BigBud and good luck :thumbsup:

A little bump for this.

What do you reckon Bud, still want to try and go ahead with this?

deffo mate but numbers seem to be low again, maybe just xmas.

Although a few #TcT have seen the light :D might mean a couple more teams of two.

I havent played in a while but should anyone desperately need an extra player on the night, feel free to send me an invite (im on the communal gears 3 gamertag thing)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom