AVF-Wii Game Review Scores Index

CAS FAN

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
The 360 has it's reviews scores index so I thought i'd set one up for the Wii. Basically the scores posted are an average from the scores people have voted in the various game review threads. It seems that not all games have a review thread (either that or i've missed them). If I have missed any then just point them out and i'll add them.

I will aim to update this every now and again as people vote more, but these scores are accurate as of - 17/09/07.

So in score order, the fave Wii games as according to AVF members are :-

Updated reviews as of 18 Feb 2008:
Title|Rating|Reviews|Genre-Defining %
Resident Evil 4(Wii Edition) | Outstanding (8.84) | 63 | 25%
Zelda:Twilight Princess | Outstanding (8.74) | 43 | 16%
Wii Sports | Outstanding (8.73) | 66 | 35%
Metroid Prime 3 | Outstanding (8.71) | 48 | 10%
Super Paper Mario | Excellent (8.08) | 81 | 15%
Scarface | Excellent (8) | 5 | -
Mario Strikers: Charged | Excellent (7.59) | 95 | 4%
Godfather | Excellent (7.58) | 24 | -
Rayman | Excellent (7.57) | 23 | 4%
Excite Truck | Excellent (7.51) | 126 | 3%
Mercury Meltdown | Good (7.38) | 8 | -
Trauma Centre:Second opinion | Good (7.24) | 25 | -
Heatseaker | Good (7.19) | 21 | -
Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree | Good (7.13) | 8 | -
Driver: Parallel Lines | Good (7) | 1 | -
Madden 08 | Good (6.75) | 4 | -
Red Steel | Good (6.74) | 19 | 5%
Tiger Woods 2007 | Good (6.69) | 62 | 2%
Tiger Woods 08 | Above Average (6.5) | 16 | -
Eledees | Above Average (6.25) | 4 | -
Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz | Above Average (6.2) | 5 | -
Mario Party 8 | Above Average (5.57) | 7 | -
Call of Duty 3 | Average (5.5) | 6 | -
Boogie | Average (5.5) | 8 | -
WarioWare:Smooth Moves | Average (5.36) | 11 | -
Blazing Angels | Average (5.33) | 6 | 17%

No Zelda? Or is there just no review thread?

There's quite a few games that don't seem to have a Poll review thread going, which is a shame. I've just added the ones that have a thread on here. That said, if anyone wants to start thread on say -

[-]
Zelda
Red Steel
Warioware
Mario Party 8
Resident Evil 4
Wii Sports[/-]
Wii Play
[-]Rayman[/-]
Sonic
[-]Elebits[/-]
Madden 07
[-]Mercury Meltdown
Super Monkey Ball[/-]
SSX Blur
[-]COD3[/-]
[-]Brain Academy:Wii Degree[/-]
Cooking Mama
NFS Carbon
Sims 2
Harry Potter-order of the pheonix
POTC:At World's End
Far Cry
[-]Scarface: The World is Yours
Driver: Parallel Lines
Boogie
MySims[/-]

[Comment by Tetlee]Crossing though the games I've added polls to[End]

or any of the other Wii titles available then i'll add them into the standings.

Great thread idea CAS, had thought about something on these lines before but didn't know how to go about it

As for only a handful of threads having review polls, that's been pretty much down to me I think. I started to adding opinion polls into the more popular threads that I starte, think the Mario Strikers was the only exception where someone else added a poll later(think C225 have added it).

Anyone that would like a poll added to an existing game thread, pop a PM to either myself or C225 and we'll do the work to get it added. If starting a new thread and adding a poll please copy the format exactly from an existing poll thread to keep a standard. Also please tick the "make votes public" box

Have stuck this thread as it should be a useful reference.

Actually CAS perhaps it could be an idea to have a link to each discussion thread under the review database, will make the sticky doubly useful and help people find the threads to vote. Don't mind helping with adding the links if you think it's a good idea?

Decided to go through and add a some polls to existing discussion threads. Will gradually work down through your list, it's a bit of a slow & painstaking job so it might take me a while.

Cheers Tetlee. I'll link the threads to the games listed :thumbsup:.

EDIT - i've added all that are currently there with links to the threads. All games will no scores as yet have been added with a 0.00 score at the bottom.

i've added all that are currently there with links to the threads. All games will no scores as yet have been added with a 0.00 score at the bottom.

Great work CAS, have decided to add polls to older threads bit by bit. Unless I started a thread I need to create a new thread for the poll & merge the existing one(which naturally bumps the thread). If I do too many at once it's going push all the recent discussion threads to the back pages and the front page will be filled with old threads:rolleyes:.

Hopefully get most if not all of them sorted within a couple of weeks though:smashin:

Chaps - I've added a poll to the Madden 08 thread. Please check I've followed the template - and if one of you could update the thread title that would be grand... :smashin:

Chaps - I've added a poll to the Madden 08 thread. Please check I've followed the template - and if one of you could update the thread title that would be grand... :smashin:

Added to the top post. Cheers! :smashin:

on the evidence above I'f definately score Scarface a 7.8. (at least. I've really enjoyed it)

Good work The Fuggler, changed the thread title now to reflect the poll:smashin:

BTW, anyone adding polls to their own threads, I always think it's best to tick the "make votes public" box in the miscellaneous options section at the bottom of the page.

That way when you get people voting 1 or 2 etc. you can make up your own mind if you value their opinions or if you suspect pointless fanboyism was behind the poor voting:rolleyes:

Great work CAS and Tetlee.

Was just thinking about what other games to add to the list and I think maybe mercury meltdown might be a good idea. IMO it's one of the better third party efforts on the Wii, and maybe one that few would consider buying.

Added a few more now. BTW CAS, if you don't mind I'll pop any extra games I add polls to that haven't been mentioned onto the bottom of your list in reply #3

Thought that list could act as a checklist for you of games awaiting adding to the index as well as for me to check games needing polls added(which I put a [-]line[/-] through once done). What do you think, good idea?

Yep, sounds a good idea Tetlee.:)

I'll add the other ones you've done shortly.

Right, had some time spare this evening, so i've managed to update this thread and include every game with a Poll on so far. I've done a spreadsheet which is easily updated to calculate the average scores so I should be able to keep on top of this pretty well now.

If anyone creates a new Poll then just let me know and i'll add it to the spreadsheet and this thread. :)

Cas

Updated reviews as of 18 Feb 2008:
Title|Rating|Reviews|Genre-Defining %
Super Mario Galaxy | Outstanding (9.2) | 234 | 47%
Resident Evil 4(Wii Edition) | Outstanding (8.84) | 63 | 25%
Zelda:Twilight Princess | Outstanding (8.74) | 43 | 16%
Wii Sports | Outstanding (8.73) | 66 | 35%
Metroid Prime 3 | Outstanding (8.71) | 48 | 10%
Super Paper Mario | Excellent (8.08) | 81 | 15%
Scarface | Excellent (8) | 5 | -
Mario Strikers: Charged | Excellent (7.59) | 95 | 4%
Godfather | Excellent (7.58) | 24 | -
Rayman | Excellent (7.57) | 23 | 4%
Excite Truck | Excellent (7.51) | 126 | 3%
Mercury Meltdown | Good (7.38) | 8 | -
Trauma Centre:Second opinion | Good (7.24) | 25 | -
Heatseaker | Good (7.19) | 21 | -
Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree | Good (7.13) | 8 | -
Driver: Parallel Lines | Good (7) | 1 | -
Madden 08 | Good (6.75) | 4 | -
Red Steel | Good (6.74) | 19 | 5%
Tiger Woods 2007 | Good (6.69) | 62 | 2%
Tiger Woods 08 | Above Average (6.5) | 16 | -
Eledees | Above Average (6.25) | 4 | -
Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz | Above Average (6.2) | 5 | -
Mario Party 8 | Above Average (5.57) | 7 | -
Call of Duty 3 | Average (5.5) | 6 | -
Boogie | Average (5.5) | 8 | -
WarioWare:Smooth Moves | Average (5.36) | 11 | -
Blazing Angels | Average (5.33) | 6 | 17%

Edit: Added Super Mario Galaxy -- the top rated game across all platforms by AVF Members!

Hey, that's a nice tidy format Durera:smashin: Will edit it into the original post.

Actually I've been meaning to ask Cas if he's planning on continuing to update this thread as it's been getting a bit behind(around 5 months I think).

Of course I understand it probably takes a fair bit of time keeping it up to date, will leave it as a sticky for now but if it's a bit much to maintain LMK as it might be as well to un-stick it?

Where is Mario galaxy?

Nice format durera, I like having a table like that, it comes in handy for quick refrence.

Thanks for that Durera and I love the layout :thumbsup:. Sorry i've not kept on top of this, just been too busy of late. :(

Remember to include Geometry Wars and Endless Ocean (two fave's of mine ;)) :D.

Oooooh I wonder where MK will come in :) Not sure it'll top Galaxy...

No chance, nearly half of the scores for SMG where 10 out of 10.

MK Wii should go in very high though going by its scores so far.

edit. As of now MK Wii is averaging 8.96 so that puts it in 2nd place.

PES has also had a fair few "genre definings" as well (roughly a third-ish).....will be interesting to see where that goes too :).

Actually I've been meaning to ask Cas if he's planning on continuing to update this thread as it's been getting a bit behind(around 5 months I think).

Of course I understand it probably takes a fair bit of time keeping it up to date, will leave it as a sticky for now but if it's a bit much to maintain LMK as it might be as well to un-stick it?

Going to unstick this thread(for now at least) as it's around 9 months behind on releases.

If you wish to update the list CAS or Durera them LMK and I'll try to help out by adding any polls etc. that may be missing from certain games and maybe we'll stick it again:)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom