AVF Track day ?

Mylo

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Looks good ya hooligan :D

Surprisingly, the Leon has calmed my driving down, pretty much ;)

Think a track day is going to be in order soon. Just need to save up for the brake pads and tyres it will require :devil:

Mod Edit: Posts moved into new thread.

Think a track day is going to be in order soon. Just need to save up for the brake pads and tyres it will require :devil:

We've had AVF golf day, how about AVF track day? :devil:

Sadly the evil twins will not be joined by another sibling as its been sold, so I've decided to save money and just wash mine instead.

A track day would be great.

Even just to see you kick the snot out of big cars on the twisty bits in one of your Mini's :D

A track day would be great.

Even just to see you kick the snot out of big cars on the twisty bits in one of your Mini's :D

I have trouble with the mini on trackdays, its a bit on the loud side.:devil:

good idea , why not have it here

http://www.trackdays.co.uk/track-days/donington-park.htm

i'll come and, erm ...watch :D

Donington's good, but a bit fast. What you need is somewhere with nice twisty bits.

http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/cadwell-park/trackdays/MSV-trackdays.asp

They don't call it the mini-nurburgring for nothing. :D

good circuit :thumbsup:

I was worried you'd suggest Mallory :eek:

I've seen bikes jump the barrier :eek: such a beautiful fast bend but also so narrow

I'll bet some of the rwd boys could drift it though :D

Why don't you go to Castle Combe - I'll just park myself on the banking above Quarry, crack open a cold one and just watch you all spin :smashin: It's a truly evil corner!

I remember regularly going to the Bank Holiday "open" days at Castle Combe when anyone with a crash helmet and insurance waiver could merrily thrash their kit round - I once saw a total :censored: put a concours condition DB5 ass first into the armco, get out to rapturous cheers from the Quarry crew, and promptly kick (yes kick) the bodywork back into position! ON A DB5 fer gawd sake!! :eek:

dr_mabuse

I'd much rather do Mallory than Cadwell!!!!!

And Gerrards flat.... does that allow for some braking into it as you can be going quite quick down the straight!!! If so, that's not a problem :)

I may be able to sort something out through a few trackday companies i work with if we are interested, but it depends on numbers.

Donnington suits me, it may be quite quick but there is something for everyone!

Incidentally, a good weekend racing there this weekend if anyone is local... a few friends race in a couple of one make series... BMW 3 Series and Lotus Elise/Exige variants:

http://www.elisetrophy.com/LoTRDC

I'll be there on sunday :)

I like Donington, although I've nly done it the once. Rockingham is also pretty good fun too, and both are realtively easily accessible for most people. My hamfisted attempts at Rockingham here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC4odpuB2h8

Oulton would be the other obvious choice.

Most of my days have been with the S2000 owners club and we've negotiated discounts with the organisers (bookatrack).

one of the air bases I work at has charity track days.

just my luck the next one is this weekend, I'm working there on Wednesday :suicide:

id be up for that next year (by which time ill have a shiny lotus) somewhere in the southeast!

What Loti are you getting Andy?

I know Jonny from Bookatrack well so can sort things through him too... however i know the guys at Easytrack better now through the LoTRDC series.

Great idea:clap::clap:

Off to Belgium (Spa)/Germany (Ring) to track (first time) my car in a few weeks.

Idea of a AVF track day sounds great.

Maybe we could have the whole track to ourselves:D

With the amount of money on these forums too, be great to meet some new AVF peeps and hitch a few rides in some proper sports cars too:smashin:

Great idea:clap::clap:

Off to Belgium (Spa)/Germany (Ring) to track (first time) my car in a few weeks.

Now they are proper tracks, not driven either yet (unless Gran Turismo 4 counts) but hope to before too long.

Just watch out for this guy at the ring, he's embarassed a few people in expensive motors.

With the amount of money on these forums too, be great to meet some new AVF peeps and hitch a few rides in some proper sports cars too:smashin:

True. I might not bother bringing mine and just blag rides. In fact seeing as both minis are in buts, I'll probably have to if we arrange something before the new year, unless I bring the tractor. Still nobody will pass me with the smokescreen. :rolleyes:

Not bringing your own won't make the day as much fun!!!!

If we do sort it, i'm perfectly happy to give pax rides to all and sundry :)

Now why couldnt you have asked me this about 5yrs ago!

Sadly I dont think a 3.0 TDi is going to be a great track car although it may still be cruising around when the rest of you have run out of petrol!

All depends on the timing. I doubt the mini will be on the road this side of Christmas, as I've been too busy this year with the house to do much with it.

I don't mind giving rides either, but passengers will be expected to wear earplugs. ;)

Ian (miniholic) can be my co-driver depending on where we go :thumbsup:

alexs2, I'm thinking this will be more of a social thing than a balls out power show :thumbsup:

It would be nice just to meet up with most of the lads.

Now why couldnt you have asked me this about 5yrs ago!

Sadly I dont think a 3.0 TDi is going to be a great track car although it may still be cruising around when the rest of you have run out of petrol!

I dunno, it might be entertaining... don't forget a diesel won Le Mans :D

Anyway my car does 40+ mpg... just maybe not on track :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom