AVF Time Trial - GR3 Spa-Francorchamps

NickParks

Prominent Member
Reaction score
This week we're sticking with the GR3 cars at the iconic Spa-Francorchamps circuit - in my opinion one of the best tracks :)

Listed below are the current participants, please let me know if you'd like to be added
As before I'll take a screenshot of the current times at 11pm Sunday night :)

AVF NamePSN ID
NickParksWRL_NickParks
MuffminerM1Kuma
Lancia34Riggs101
Leo31291Leo31291
Vinny155Thomasvduggan13
sevenxl77Lottykitty6
ProgUKslanko
Dan LewisNigel_Mainsail
J3OEFJ_F13HER
Nemesis X2NemesisX2ps
ajh1979odin1979
thestig230haggis230
echoUKYorkshireTeaGuy_
SoundmanGT4SoundmanGT4
Sparkitus69Sparkitus
FadgewackeRFadgewackeR
BeezerkBeezerk
NatTheGoonerNatTheGooner
Rhodoslindos
Wing80surferWingsurfer
rb5201Popsfrost2008
p9ulp9ul
HabaneroUrbanGorilla
Tall_PaulTallPaul_S
thepercyboyThepercyboy
Jimster71Jimster-71

I love this track, I know its early doors as its only been up for a few hours, but quite proud that my current time currently sits at 30th Globally :)

IMG_5560.jpeg

I love this track, I know its early doors as its only been up for a few hours, but quite proud that my current time currently sits at 30th Globally :)

I noticed that when looking at a few replays. Supra looks quick around here. It will be interesting to see what people use for the race to avoid pit stops (if you can)

I noticed that when looking at a few replays. Supra looks quick around here. It will be interesting to see what people use for the race to avoid pit stops (if you can)

Someone actually did a fuel consumption and lap time spreadsheet for all the cars at Spa.
Think it was a few patches ago so things would have changed a little but I think the 911, AMG and a few others were good on pace and fuel usage.

I'll see if I can dig out the video

I think the last time the was a fuel saver at Spa everyone seemed to be going for the Mazda Concept thingy....(the one that sounds like a wasp)

The AMG GT3 had its power increased a little bit in the last BOP update, so maybe not quite as good on fuel now, but maybe worth a go.

If not the Lexus is a great car to drive and decent on fuel according to that comparison. I know in GT Sport it was pretty good and then it good changed and became rubbish but think it's back to how it used to be in GT7.

I've done a couple of races, WRX is fine for fuel, shifting to map 3 if in the slip and on the slower middle sector, map 1 everywhere else :)

I've done a couple of races, WRX is fine for fuel, shifting to map 3 if in the slip and on the slower middle sector, map 1 everywhere else :)

I've seen a few WRX and Supras about. Might give the AMG GT3 a quick go to see how I get on with it.

EDIT: Not keen on the AMG. I'm not a smooth enough driver for that car. Back to the WRX I think.

Last edited:

I found that if I shifted at 3/4 revs then I could do the whole race on map 1.

Had a bit of a fuster cluck in my races tonight though. Need to work on a faster quali lap.

Last edited:
I found that if I shifted at 3/4 revs then I could do the whole race on map 1.

Had a bit of a fuster cluck in my races tonight though. Need to work on a faster quali lap.

Wow, didn’t realise you had a channel - subscribed 👍

Had a fairly successful night last night with 2 wins. Both while escaping D. Both in the AMG. Qualified on pole, and stayed there.
My last race, in C, I was P4 on the grid, and made my way to P2, and stayed there until mid way through the 4th lap, when I was not just nudged, but rammed off. Tried pushing too hard with mucky rubber and came off a further 2 times and finished 11th :blush:

Tried to set a faster quali lap afterwards and was 1.4s up on my time of 2:21:1x at bus stop o_O and overshot the corner... failed to get anywhere near it again.

Will go again tonight.

18D95B73-7C34-45A0-9CF9-A889F547EB2B.jpeg

Last edited:
In other news - I've come to the conclusion I'm faster without a ghost. I always make mistakes trying to catch / get past them, when in reality I'd be better just sticking with them and hoping for incremental improvements.

Will probably turn them off, apart from the odd one to follow as a learning tool.

In other news - I've come to the conclusion I'm faster without a ghost. I always make mistakes trying to catch / get past them, when in reality I'd be better just sticking with them and hoping for incremental improvements.

Will probably turn them off, apart from the odd one to follow as a learning tool.

I tend to use a downloaded ghost rather than my own - all of which are way quicker than me. I go down a few pages to pick one that is a second or so a lap quicker.

I also have the ghost offset by 0.2 secs so I don't have it right on top of me at the start.

I'll just work on a corner at a time to keep up with the ghost as best as I can through each section. You won't learn anything when they are miles away!

Ideally, I want to get into the 1:29s if I can. The low end would be great, but I think the middle is more realistic.

Ideally, I want to get into the 1:29s if I can. The low end would be great, but I think the middle is more realistic.

I'd love to get into the 1:29's too :D

I tend to use a downloaded ghost rather than my own - all of which are way quicker than me. I go down a few pages to pick one that is a second or so a lap quicker.

I also have the ghost offset by 0.2 secs so I don't have it right on top of me at the start.

I'll just work on a corner at a time to keep up with the ghost as best as I can through each section. You won't learn anything when they are miles away!

Yeah, the offset I have is 0.4s, but generally using my own ghost. Will try a few more downloaded ones.
I think the fact it's there is a bit of a distraction to me... if you could alter the opacity of the ghost, that would be a big help... aside, I think I just have very little self control and ALWAYS end up using harder than I should when I've something to chase.

Would also be nice if you could choose what your split is measured against. I'd prefer to have it vs best lap, for qualifying.

Last edited:
Yeah, the offset I have is 0.4s, but generally using my own ghost. Will try a few more downloaded ones.
I think the fact it's there is a bit of a distraction to me... if you could alter the opacity of the ghost, that would be a big help... aside, I think I just have very little self control and ALWAYS end up using harder than I should when I've something to chase.

Would also be nice if you could chose what your split is measured against. I'd prefer to have it vs best lap in qualifying.

Yeah, would like to see a delta against your own best lap as an option and also be able to race the ghost of your best lap.

Downloading friend's ghosts would be good too.

The timing board that is available on the radar screen used to be switchable in GT Sport between best times for the current session or best time overall. Not sure why they didn't carry that over

I haven't used a ghost for years. I find it doesn't really help with how to drive a specific car on as specific circuit as you don't know how they've taken a corner for example.
I'll download a replay and watch it a few times and get the lines, braking and gears that are used and then go an apply that on the track. Then just use the interval timer\delta to see how I'm doing against my fastest time in that session.

Well that was trickier then I expected considering it’s one of my favourite tracks.
AMG was nice as usual around there but definitely lacking in the straights only hitting 161 max.
Tried the WRX and it was horrible so switched to the Supra which felt great. Great traction and grip and hitting 167 on the straights.

Took a few laps but settled at a 2:18.3 I think it was. A little bit to find so might pop on again at the weekend briefly.

I've driven both the WRX and Supra, with at the moment fairly similar times .3 in the Supra and .4 in the WRX - for me the WRX handles better and feels more adjustable in the corners but loses out on overall outright top speed - I'm hitting 169 at the end of the Kemmel Straight in the Supra compared to around 164 in the WRX.
I'm more comfortable in the WRX though so if I do run any more races I think I'll continue to use the WRX.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom