AVF Time Trial - GR3 Monza

1:50:4 something... only had a few laps - set that 3rd lap and then did some races, which I continually led, then either ran slightly wide and spun off, or got nudged off...

In other news, might have to go back to square 1 with the feedback settings... Something not quite right.

For anyone with a setup they're happy with (DD) - I ran a lap of the Special Stage in the batmobile - once up to anything like speed, it was a SERIOUS wrench to keep straight. Impossible in fact, very strong wobble, but as soon as I started to glide sidewards, it was best part gone. So I sort of snaked my way up the track to stop it...

1 lap and I felt like I had an RSI. Not sure anyone bothers with the batmobile, or that circuit, but would be interesting to know whether it's an isolated phenomenon or not. I mean, you expect a bit of speed wobble at 360mph+, but this was ridiculous.

So yes you would get wobble along a straight at times but it sounds like your FFB is way too high. Remember it's not supposed to be difficult to turn the wheel or rip your arms off, just enough to feel the effects and details.

If it's set too high then it starts clipping and you'll lose FFB details (not that GT7 has many FFB details!)
Try turning down the strength in the game first and see how that is.

So yes you would get wobble along a straight at times but it sounds like your FFB is way too high. Remember it's not supposed to be difficult to turn the wheel or rip your arms off, just enough to feel the effects and details.

If it's set too high then it starts clipping and you'll lose FFB details (not that GT7 has many FFB details!)
Try turning down the strength in the game first and see how that is.
Also if the Batmobile is the Tomahawk, its a known issue with this car....

Whilst we are on about Wheels, anyone with a T300 advise what settings you have them on? I'm not sure if mine is too high to too low.

I have got the Torque FBB at max of 10 and sensitivity around 4

Whilst we are on about Wheels, anyone with a T300 advise what settings you have them on? I'm not sure if mine is too high to too low.

I have got the Torque FBB at max of 10 and sensitivity around 4
There's quite a good thread here discussing it, and also shows how to switch between PS4 & PS5 mode if you're running the latest firmware -

Untitled.jpg

There's quite a good thread here discussing it, and also shows how to switch between PS4 & PS5 mode if you're running the latest firmware -

View attachment 1700749
Nice one!!! That explains why the light on mine is always red as it is already in the selected PS5 mode.

I'll have a read of that thread and see what the general consensus is and give some a try this evening. One thing I have noticed with the T300 is once the fan kicks it is noisy as hell. I did see a few YouTube videos where people seemed to replace something or mod the fan so might have a look at those too.

Had a few laps at lunchtime, managed to improve to 1:49.143. I know I messed a couple of bits up, so I reckon I could get into 1:48s on a lap where I get everything right.

Had another race, before I improved my time, which was typical carnage. I did manage to go from 7th to 4th by not going mad and trying to keep out of trouble. Somehow still in DR B.

I'm a nice, safe, considerate driver, but shite... D S

Had a few laps at lunchtime, managed to improve to 1:49.143. I know I messed a couple of bits up, so I reckon I could get into 1:48s on a lap where I get everything right.

Had another race, before I improved my time, which was typical carnage. I did manage to go from 7th to 4th by not going mad and trying to keep out of trouble. Somehow still in DR B.

Oooh just pipped you with a 1:49.130

I lost like 4tenths on the last corner though. The time is there but have to get the braking zones just right and cut just the right amount on the two chicanes, very tough.

EDIT: Oooo. Into the 48's. Changed my line and entry on Ascari, found a bunch of time.

Hard to put in fast laps behind other drivers on the daily race though because they brake so early compared to me and I'm always hitting them.. my bad :confused:

That said, my instinct is to always back off straight away, which actually hinders me even more because I still get a penalty. I can't win.

Last edited:
I’ve just had a quick go before dinner and have managed to finesse a couple of points where I was struggling a little - now at 47.7 with a bit more to come I hope 🤞🏻

Edit 47.5 :)

Last edited:
I’ve just had a quick go before dinner and have managed to finesse a couple of points where I was struggling a little - now at 47.7 with a bit more to come I hope 🤞🏻

I guess manual gears is a big advantage on Monza

Do you not use manual?

I haven't got the wheel out yet since I bought it :blush: (apart from set-up)

Auto on the controller. I know I could get used to it but I just don't want to go through the mental struggle right now and learning.

Edit 47.5 :)
Nice lap, I’m struggling with that godawful car. Tried a few others but nothing quicker which is a shame.

I even watched a replay and they were braking at the 100 boards!…no way that’s possible. I tried it and no matter what couldn’t brake in time or turn in with any speed.

Stuck on 48.7 and can maybe knock 3-4 tenths off but will be glad when this week is over.
Such a shame that the worst cars are the fastest.

I haven't got the wheel out yet since I bought it :blush: (apart from set-up)

Auto on the controller. I know I could get used to it but I just don't want to go through the mental struggle right now and learning.
Ah right. Must admit when I did manual on the controller I’d get sore finger so tended to leave it in auto but since I’ve got the wheel it’s manual.

Don’t know what hat I pulled that lap out of but just put it a 1.48.5 which was almost a second off my previous best.

Didn’t even do any better laps in between, just went straight to that.

Those two chicanes at the start are killing me, I either end up in the gravel or go around too slowly, what's the key to them?
I've tried cutting them slightly but those damn yellow humps just do me in 😅

Those two chicanes at the start are killing me, I either end up in the gravel or go around too slowly, what's the key to them?
I've tried cutting them slightly but those damn yellow humps just do me in 😅

Yeah you want to be very precise, it's a tricky section.

Brake between the 150m and 100m board. Trail brake and carry speed into the first corner, you can ride the first yellow kerb, but avoid the second because it'll unbalance the car too much getting onto the straight

Googles trail braking 😂
It’s almost like my wheel doesn’t turn enough for the second section of the first chicane, I’ve tried looking at the settings but there doesn’t seem to be anything to make the car turn more.

Googles trail braking 😂
It’s almost like my wheel doesn’t turn enough for the second section of the first chicane, I’ve tried looking at the settings but there doesn’t seem to be anything to make the car turn more.
I think it's the angle that you're hitting the second part of the chicane at, you almost need to 'square it off' more so your approaching it at a shallower angle - I'm not sure if the below will help explain more?

I think it's the angle that you're hitting the second part of the chicane at, you almost need to 'square it off' more so your approaching it at a shallower angle - I'm not sure if the below will help explain more?

All I take from this video is how smooth you are through all corners, compared to me who at times if you watched it back could be seen as a wreckless lunatic!!

Definitely picked up some things that I can try to improve my time, I also think on some corners I'm in the wrong gears looking at your changes.

All I take from this video is how smooth you are through all corners, compared to me who at times if you watched it back could be seen as a wreckless lunatic!!

Definitely picked up some things that I can try to improve my time, I also think on some corners I'm in the wrong gears looking at your changes.

It's very similar to mine but @NickParks is 1.2s quicker than me :eek:
Several corners he's changing up early which I'm generally not so I might give that a go but probably won't spend too much more time on this one.

If you have TC on 0 are you using a bit of throttle mid corner and then feeding it in gently on exist?

It's very similar to mine but @NickParks is 1.2s quicker than me :eek:
Several corners he's changing up early which I'm generally not so I might give that a go but probably won't spend too much more time on this one.

If you have TC on 0 are you using a bit of throttle mid corner and then feeding it in gently on exist?
I only recently started putting traction on 0 for everything. I did it with the controller prior to getting the wheel as was getting the hang of it and realising I was actually going quicker.

I think I’m still trying to get to grips with the pedals and knowing how much pressure is needed to lift off or be applied when going round corners etc.

That first corner I never dropped down to 1 and the same with various others, I tend to be 1 gear higher.

I only recently started putting traction on 0 for everything. I did it with the controller prior to getting the wheel as was getting the hang of it and realising I was actually going quicker.

I think I’m still trying to get to grips with the pedals and knowing how much pressure is needed to lift off or be applied when going round corners etc.

That first corner I never dropped down to 1 and the same with various others, I tend to be 1 gear higher.

Depends on the car but quite often drop to 1st to get the car to turn in better.
Basically it's down to how the car is acting as to whether you drop down a gear or go up a gear so don't just follow other people's gears as you might be a bit slower into the corner or maybe quicker so adjust the gear depending upon whether you need more turn in or more stability on exit etc...
Same goes for trail braking, all dependent upon how the car is acting at that exact time on a specific corner as to how much you apply or not.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom