AVF Tiered FIFA 10 League 1 (Premier League) Results & General Chat - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

simpo

Continuing from the last thread:

So very jealous of the Argentina team, Arshavin is the only player I have with a 5* skill rating :(

also: thread title needs an exclamation mark, Hot Shots! Part Deux style.

Last edited:

Andy

The skill rating makes no difference to me as I can hardly do any of them in matches anyway :laugh:

Pleased I've got a team that are reasonably quick though, that was one of my problems with Ze Germans, far too slow.

Perhaps a moderator can do the necessary title amendment :)

Trashman1971

theres 2 extremely fast wingers for russia,,,i think torbinsky was one,,,think bystrov was the other,,,,,and kerzakov upfront,,,,dont play pavlychenko though,,,,hes pretty *****....

simpo

Skill rating is the first thing I check when I find out my new team :rolleyes:

I can remember tricks, but can't remember what level they are, so I try to then only do them with 4/5* players, so at the moment keep trying to find Arshavin if I don't have much space near the box.

benmango

Bystrov was my player of the season last time around, he's 93 acceleration I think, although his finishing is something terrible like 63 :laugh:
I haven't even looked at the Italy team but I should be about tonight for games!

benmango

I think I played him through the middle, though he did get battered and bruised a bit. Really, he's a bit crap except for his pace come to think of it. :laugh:
Hopefully I'll have some gems in the Italian squad, their World Cup performances so far haven't been inspiring.

benmango

Italy 3 - 1 Russia

Russia 0 - 3 Italy

Couple of decent encounters against tom :thumbsup:

First game I made the mistake of playing Iaquinta, after he missed 2 open goals I took him off at half-time! Then suddenly started playing a lot better upfront with Pepe and Di Natale. Tom was unlucky at 2-1 to me, Pogrebnyak upfront for him hit the bar with thunderous shot!

Second game I thought I started well, with Di Natale and Pepe calling the shots upfront, think I finally may have found the right balance. Again tom rattled the woodwork but I thought I just about deserved the points.

Cheers mate, good luck with Russia - I would recommend putting Bystrov upfront btw, his 93 acceleration latches onto lofted through balls like nobodies business.

simpo

I put him up top in the second game, playing 3-4-3 just to see if i could have a go, but pretty much all my shots came from corners.

Last season your Russia better than my Italy, and this season your Italy better than my Russia :p

Relegation me thinks, can I have a flair team next season :lease:

benmango

Cheers for the games Andy, I got the rub of the green in both really. :)

Italy 3 - 1 Argentina
Di Natale put me 2-0 up after 20 minutes (the first one after a GK error), but from then on it was a struggle, with Andy missing several one-on-one opportunites before Messi scored on 88 minutes. Straight from the restart Pepe got a goal for me to put the tie to bed. Phew!

Argentina 1 - 5 Italy
How I won this game I don't know. Again, andy had numerous great chances at 0-0 but then at the other end for me everything was flying in. Sorry mate, I know how cruel FIFA can be, and this was one of those games for you.

Andy

I hope they fix the keepers for Fifa '11 because I didn't call him and the tool ran out to ball that was drifting out of play :facepalm:

No need to apologise as it happens, no idea how I kept missing all those chances though, quite frustrating when that happens as you kind of lose heart with it, I knew I'd go on to lose that game as soon as I missed those few sitters at 0-0.

Thanks for the games mate and well played :thumbsup:

O'ren Ishii

Well I am struggling a bit with Germany, can see this ending as a fleeting visit to the Premiership :rolleyes:

Can't seem to get a formation that works with their players, problem I have is that I like to play with width and they don't have any wingers :facepalm:

I think my record at the moment is 3 losses and 2 draws, nothing seems to be working. I noticed Andy struggled with them last season as well. I was praying for a South American team with some flair but alas two seasons and two European cloggers!

Andy

Well I am struggling a bit with Germany, can see this ending as a fleeting visit to the Premiership :rolleyes:

Can't seem to get a formation that works with their players, problem I have is that I like to play with width and they don't have any wingers :facepalm:

I think my record at the moment is 3 losses and 2 draws, nothing seems to be working. I noticed Andy struggled with them last season as well. I was praying for a South American team with some flair but alas two seasons and two European cloggers!

Yeah, they're pretty awful mate however I had quite a bit of success with a LM they have, can't remember his name but I think he's shirt number 14.

I'd avoid using Klose too, found him pretty useless, there are a couple of strikers who play for Leverkusen that are pretty good, Helmes is one of them the other has a similar rating - he's called Kießling - they should both be in the squad IIRC.

Last edited:

kopchoir

Banned
Andy is it you who is moving out and needs to get there games played when you free matey

simpo

Played my 2 games against kidderbean yesterday

France 2 - 1 Russia

My goal was an own goal, so I can't say I even scored :facepalm:

France 0 - 0 Russia

The bus was parked in this game, points desperately needed :p

Andy

Sorry for the no show tonight Si but I had a shed load of packing to do so that took priority, may be on tomorrow evening but I'll let you know for sure at some-point tomorrow.

Cheers.

scrapbook

Distinguished Member
I will be around tonight after the spain game or on and off over teh weekend if anyone wants a game.

If I am on but cleaning up the wild wild west or having an exhibition match then just send me a message and I will stop what I am doing.

simpo

Pos. Player Team Played Wins Draws Losses For Against Diff. win% Goals/game Points
1 JaminTastic italy 4 4 0 0 14 3 11 100% 3.5 8
2 Spoondles argentina 5 3 0 2 12 10 2 60% 2.4 6
3 oTHE SILVER FOX england 5 3 0 2 11 8 3 60% 2.2 6
4 kidderbean france 4 2 1 1 5 4 1 50% 1.3 5
5 tomakasatnav russia 9 1 2 6 8 19 -11 11% 0.9 4
6 KOPCHOIR portugal 3 1 1 1 8 8 0 33% 2.7 3
7 Azraell 75 germany 5 0 2 3 5 13 -8 0% 1.0 2
8 AlmeisterX brazil 1 1 0 0 2 0 2 100% 2.0 2

the boots man

Sorry for the no show tonight Si but I had a shed load of packing to do so that took priority, may be on tomorrow evening but I'll let you know for sure at some-point tomorrow.

Cheers.

I'll be on around 7 till 9 tonight mate so if your online we can play our league games if ya want :thumbsup:

kopchoir

Banned
Played Tom
Russia 3 Portugal 2
3 nil down just couldn't get a grip of the game fluffing chances
Noticed Tom was playing a deep back 3 so switched to a more attacking formation which worked wonders had a 1 on 1 in the last kick of the game the gay chip was on but resisted it and the keeper saved it
Well played mate good game as usual sorry couldn't stop on for return game as my lift to the boozer had just arrived
Cheers
Si

benmango

Played Mr Silver Fox tonight:

Italy 3 - 0 England

In the rain. :(
But it was a decent match, I scored a few late on to make the scoreline look a tad comfortable, but it was tight and tense with both sides having decent chances.
Cheers mate, sorry had to shoot - rematch another time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Sky set to launch its plug-and-play Sky Stream solution
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Movies Podcast: 26th September 2022
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
AV Podcast: 26th September 2022
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
REL Acoustics announces new Serie HT subwoofer trio