AVF Summer Meet Up - Sat 31st July - Leicester Square, London - Anyone welcome!

KINGROBTHEFIRST

Prominent Member
Reaction score
4 weeks til the AVF Summer Meet............anyone is welcome but over 18's only!!!!

Following on from this link: http://www.avforums.com/forums/ps3-...366-attention-all-bfam-bob-a2a-hybd-gne1.html

Date: Saturday 31st July
Time: Midday
Place: The Hogshead, Leicester Square, London.
Dress code: Smart/Casual, Shoes

Hogshead Details:
Address: 5, Lisle St, London, WC2H 7BG
Tel: 08721 077 077 (ref 869)
Nearest Main Line: London Charing Cross
Nearest Underground: Leicester Square, Picaddily Circus, Covent Garden

The Plan:

Meet up at the Hogshead for Midday. We shall stay here til at least 1PM to give time for everyone to get down........then the pub crawl begins.......Leicester Square, Covent Garden, Trafalgar Square, Strand, Embankment all within 10 minutes walk away so plenty of places to visit and finish in some club or late bar.

I'm sure they'll be plenty of pool, fruity's, darts, quiz machines and women to keep everyone entertained!!! And alot of funny stories to tell come monday!!!!!

If you need my mobile number send me a PM. This will be the easiest way to find out where we are on the day......if your a latecomer!!!

Useful Links & Info:

If driving by car you can park at O2 Arena Greenwich for easy access into London. I think its £3 for parking up until midnight plus they do overnight parking as well. (KR)

Great place for access into london is brent cross, I go in quite a bit and park in the Tescos which is free and the northern line is just round the corner from there have even left the car overnight and it has been fine. (Rockchick)

Good option for hotel (especially booking this far in advance) Are the EasyHotels - like the airline. They have branches in Paddington, Waterloo and a couple more places over London - this far in advance you could get a twin for £20 (£10 each) No TV or anything but a good clean place to crash, that's where I stay when I go up. (Tonks)

I'll probably be staying here Generator Hostel London, London. Stayed before on a stag-do, it's cheap and cheerful but well worth it as is located fairly centrally and you get a decent free breakfast. (Robothamster)

OK.........need people to start confirming so we can get an idea on numbers!!!!!

Please also state your real name, where you are travelling from, where/if you are staying and method of transport to the meet (eg car/train/coach). Then people can group up and share costs.

Last edited:
hybridtheory (Baz) - Hemel Hempstead
rockchick762k (Emma) - Hemel Hempstead
KINGROBTHEFIRST (Rob) - Will already be in London
DJPuma (DJ) - Will already be in London
Lockwood (Sam) - Cambridge - Train - Hotel TBC
ISS98 (Chris) - Sheffield - Train - Hotel TBC

Maybe....

NBUK (Nim) - Romford - Train

Last edited:
Hi

hybridtheory (Baz)
rockchick762k (Emma)

We will both be attending. Travelling from Hemel Hempstead, although I have to get to Hemel Hemsptead from Northern Ireland first lol.

Thanks

Baz

whoop whoop, I'll def be there sonny jim!!!! :D

I should be able to make the afternoon - will confirm nearer the time. I'm in London so no problems getting there. :smashin:

Still unsure if I can make it, but judging by the response so far it doesn't look like many will be there in any case.

Herro people

I shall be coming
Lockwood69/ lock_is_the_game (Sam) from Hybid
I shall be coming with Jamie (whiteknight) from A2A once we've booked the hotel.
We'll be coming from Cambridge via train. Anymore info on whats going on Ill post an update asap.
Thanks
Sam

Cheers Sam. :thumbsup:

Nearer the time im sure a few more people will commit, I know a few more BFAM will be coming.

Anyone got any recommendations for clubs?:thumbsup:

One with something for everyone if possible.

Hi

Only 9 ppl :eek:. I thought we would have had more confirmations. If its just the 9 of us, its gonna be cosy pmsl.

Baz

Still a couple a weeks left yet. Anymore from your camp?:thumbsup:

Hi

Nope, just me, Emma and Sam. Might ask again on PSN tonite, see if anyone else is interested? I wont hold my breath lol.

Baz

Here's the original list:

KR
Broken
Robothamster
DJ
Chalkywhyte (TBC)
Ben-H
Askew
austinqpr (TBC)
NB
Ryan81(TBC)
Phairplay(TBC)
Stuey1
Hanksey
wbabbington
hybridtheory & rockchick
mengez (TBC)
Swordfish
whiteknight
Hillskill
jeffod

Looking at the posts in this section lately i dont think people look here anymore to be honest.:confused:

I can confirm i wont be able to make it. I'm chocka block with work until summer leave.

Plus need the pennies for getting married in Vegas in August.:(

Thanks for letting me know Chalky.

12 days to go. Anyone else gonna be joining us?:thumbsup:

Hi

Regards the plans, I'd prefer it if we went to a late bar. Thats if I'm still standing by then lol. I'm not a club kinda guy, plus I don't think I'd get in wearing T shirt, Jeans and trainers lol. I'm not really and shirt/shoes kinda guy lol.

Baz

Hi

Regards the plans, I'd prefer it if we went to a late bar. Thats if I'm still standing by then lol. I'm not a club kinda guy, plus I don't think I'd get in wearing T shirt, Jeans and trainers lol. I'm not really and shirt/shoes kinda guy lol.

Baz
There is no clear cut plan, take the night as it comes. Robo may bugger off early for a 3some with some japanese twins like last time, Hanksey might go looking for the nearest chinese and get lost with some 18yr olds, Tomo may have to be put on a leash as he's like a magnet to jailbate.

You just dont know how these nights turn out.

Here's the original list:

Stuey1

Looking at the posts in this section lately i dont think people look here anymore to be honest.:confused:

Hi,

I posted in the other thread a few weeks back, I am moving jobs next monday and due to deductions for holidays and changing pay dates it's unlikely I can afford it... If i can then it will be a last minute thing. should be able to manage the next one though

Any space for a fatgrandad? Lol

Alright In mine and Jamie's call
We're booking the hotel on sunday (18th) soon when we have it booked the confirmation will come through :D
Hopefully Baz's advice will come oin handy :)

Sam

Alright In mine and Jamie's call
We're booking the hotel on sunday (18th) soon when we have it booked the confirmation will come through :D
Hopefully Baz's advice will come oin handy :)

Sam
Just to confirm its the 31st July. Ignore my post above. :smashin:

Just to confirm its the 31st July. Ignore my post above. :smashin:
Erm Hi again
Change of news
Jamie is on a question mark now cause he might not be able to make it. and where imstaying wise, Well Im gonna have a word with my cousin in Hemel Hempstead, so I might just follow Baz and Emma....................If its ok with them xD

Sam

Erm Hi again
Change of news
Jamie is on a question mark now cause he might not be able to make it. and where imstaying wise, Well Im gonna have a word with my cousin in Hemel Hempstead, so I might just follow Baz and Emma....................If its ok with them xD

Sam

Hi Sam

Not a problem, u can travel with us from Hemel Hempstead.

Baz

Hi Sam

Not a problem, u can travel with us from Hemel Hempstead.

Baz
Hi Baz
It will be more to Hemel Hempstead than from Hemel Hempstead lol
Also if I cant stay at their (which hopefully wont be the case) Can I crash at Emma's/Your's if iots cool with the both of you?? :cool:

Sam

Update:
Im staying IN heme; hempstead with my Cousin, So ill be fine :D
Just gotta help him move in the morning so I might be late. Someone will have to tell me where you are if im late. But I'll let Baz know on that business

Sam

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom